[geeky]Dude, Dvorak is a type of keyboard and you listen to that?[/geek]

Tchaikovsky is cool!
Erm. No.
ChairmanMorris
Badges: 0
Report 14 years ago
Thomas Morris
Physical Natural Sciences at St. Catharine's

I've been doing Physics, Maths, Chemistry and General Studies as A-levels, and Further Maths as an AS. I live in the midlands and enjoy politics + current affairs, debating, computing + technology, science (hopefully), writing sketches and running a website (which I don't think I'm allowed to link to on here - is that right?). Job wise I used to do some GCSE maths and science tutoring in my spare time, and now I work as a researcher for a website.
platinumki
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by xx_ambellina_xx)
Did, yes...but have experienced some problems with my instrument...(I've had 5 in a year due to a manufacturing fault...) and only just got one where the wood doesn't split, which meant I couldn't sit my grade 8, which meant I wasn't qualified. They kept phoning me to ask me to audition anyway (eeek!), but I had a bit of a confidence crisis in my playing, due to aforementioned problems. Now, I have no teacher since mine appears to have disappeared off the face of the earth. So um yeah...
so..um... your NOT auditioning. Or are you? I haven't had a lesson since May and the set piece is the hardest thing I have ever seen. I am screwed.

Hello there Mr Morris
crana9
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by ChairmanMorris)
Thomas Morris
Physical Natural Sciences at St. Catharine's

I've been doing Physics, Maths, Chemistry and General Studies as A-levels, and Further Maths as an AS. I live in the midlands and enjoy politics + current affairs, debating, computing + technology, science (hopefully), writing sketches and running a website (which I don't think I'm allowed to link to on here - is that right?). Job wise I used to do some GCSE maths and science tutoring in my spare time, and now I work as a researcher for a website.
Where in the midlands then?
visesh
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
google says staffs :yy:
snak3uk
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
I don't think I ever introduced myself on this, so here goes (what with a load of new people arriving)

I'm Tim, from south east london, and I'm going to Catz to do 3 year Classics, with the organ scholarship there, which means i've got to be there 2 weeks early, to look after the prospective organ + choral scholars. This is fine, mostly entails time spent in the pub with said applicants
However there is a pre-term "greek week" (hmm...yes, not fun) which might actually entail some work. Is anyone else coming up this early? the city might be a bit quiet otherwise!
platinumki
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
I'll be up a few days early with the instrumental award thingy-bob. Which I actually still haven't got organised.... :rolleyes:
Finnish guy
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by snak3uk)
I don't think I ever introduced myself on this, so here goes (what with a load of new people arriving)

I'm Tim, from south east london, and I'm going to Catz to do 3 year Classics, with the organ scholarship there, which means i've got to be there 2 weeks early, to look after the prospective organ + choral scholars. This is fine, mostly entails time spent in the pub with said applicants
However there is a pre-term "greek week" (hmm...yes, not fun) which might actually entail some work. Is anyone else coming up this early? the city might be a bit quiet otherwise!
Hey there!
I'll be there on the 25th, attending G(r)eek Week, too. :eek: But I don't know if it's the same for you classicists as it is for us theologians - we'll be doing New Testament or Koiné Greek. :confused:
You know, I've been looking for a choir to audition to. I'm a baritone with little experience in singing but much in Music (theory and piano for 11 years at a local college of music, grade 8 equivalents), and perhaps you could tell me if Catz choir were one to consider...?
Samuli
Richy Rich$$
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by platinumki)
I'll be up a few days early with the instrumental award thingy-bob. Which I actually still haven't got organised.... :rolleyes:

Me too! Have got any info about it yet tho'? I got all my accomodation stuff yesterday, but i dont know when exactly we're meant to go down?

I know what you mean about the pieces. Mine is soo difficult mainly because of all the fives against threes, and i only started looking at it yesterday :eek:
platinumki
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
I think we have to arrange with Clare the extra nights ourselves. (I have PMed you)
snak3uk
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by Finnish guy)
Hey there!
I'll be there on the 25th, attending G(r)eek Week, too. :eek: But I don't know if it's the same for you classicists as it is for us theologians - we'll be doing New Testament or Koiné Greek. :confused:
You know, I've been looking for a choir to audition to. I'm a baritone with little experience in singing but much in Music (theory and piano for 11 years at a local college of music, grade 8 equivalents), and perhaps you could tell me if Catz choir were one to consider...?
Samuli

Hi - Catz auditions are on the 4th I think...by all means do seek me out in Greek week tho and I could hear you sing and give you an honest opinion, and maybe put in a good word
Finnish guy
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by snak3uk)
Hi - Catz auditions are on the 4th I think...by all means do seek me out in Greek week tho and I could hear you sing and give you an honest opinion, and maybe put in a good word
Great! Cheers! I'll PM you right now...
xx_ambellina_xx
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by platinumki)
so..um... your NOT auditioning. Or are you? I haven't had a lesson since May and the set piece is the hardest thing I have ever seen. I am screwed.

Hello there Mr Morris
I'm not auditioning, I'm not cleba enough
Wasp39
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
The IAs scared me :eek: I'm working on a couple of pieces for auditions for orchestras though.
xx_ambellina_xx
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by PhilipGarsed)
The IAs scared me :eek: I'm working on a couple of pieces for auditions for orchestras though.
If only I had a teacher...I think I may audition in second year, I'm having a distinct lack of confidence in my playing at the moment
platinumki
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by PhilipGarsed)
I patently haven't got a cat in hell's chance, but I decided I had less chance if I didn't apply :p: It means I get to see my new room earlier!
Comp_Genius
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by xx_ambellina_xx)
Not sure about second hand, but for a rough idea of new, try here.

http://www.ryderamies.co.uk/Merchant..._Code=Academic
Hey, when and where are you going to buy your gown? :confused:
Camford
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
There's no need to be hurry.
Comp_Genius
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by Camford)
There's no need to be hurry.
okay... anything I need to buy before coming up? :confused:
Camford
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by darkenergy)
okay... anything I need to buy before coming up? :confused:
I thought there's a thread on this... I don't know. I am far too traumatised to think up things that you need to buy.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of Cambridge
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Thu, 2 Jul '20
  • University of Cambridge
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 3 Jul '20

Have you made up your mind on your five uni choices?

Yes I know where I'm applying (150)
59.29%
No I haven't decided yet (58)
22.92%
Yes but I might change my mind (45)
17.79%

Watched Threads