New Cambridge students October 2005: let's get to know each other! Watch

Camford
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by darkenergy)
Not me, trust me, you will give me an appointment whenever I want it. :cool:
Appointments available between 12:00 and 8:00.
Camford
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by xx_ambellina_xx)
And now I've run out of smarties

*swears*
My GCSE maths teacher used to give out smarties...

/me goes to find the maths teacher... :rolleyes:
platinumki
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Well, my parents just left for a wild night in Melrose to celebrate my father's fiftieth. Great. I'm home alone. I could go wild..... if there was ANYONE left in Bathgate, who hasn't already buggered off to uni. Stupid Cambridge, I want to go to uni NOW!

So instead, I am going to have a bath.
French Pikachu
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 14 years ago
(Original post by platinumki)
Stupid Cambridge, I want to go to uni NOW!
:ditto:
Wasp39
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by French Pikachu)
:ditto:
13 Days :s
Willa
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by PhilipGarsed)
only a week for me, and then i have a yucky erg test. I'm so unfit (and too lazy to do much about it!)
JaF
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by Willa)
only a week for me, and then i have a yucky erg test. I'm so unfit (and too lazy to do much about it!)
I hate erg tests. What distance have you got to do?
French Pikachu
Rep:
?
(Original post by PhilipGarsed)
12 for me :p:
Camford
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by French Pikachu)
12 for me :p:
0 for me. Why don't you guys just come to cam now? Avoid the rush on the day.
French Pikachu
Rep:
?
Hm coz i unfortunately can't walk there... i have plane tickets booked but i wish i had booked them earlier! It's so boring here with all teh friendly faces gone plus i live in the middle of nowhere and my neighbours are sheep... and i cant even go shopping coz i can take only 40kg and i already have far more... lol I can't even read my reading list for land economy since i can't buy the books in france and evne if i could tehn i couldnt bring them to cam coz they wait to much... poor me :rolleyes:
xyro
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
lol, I can probably take my whole room with me with 40kg. I only have 20kg but the rest can be bought at Cam anyway.
minimo
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
9 for me...anybody feeling a bit bewildered/apprehensive and wondering whether Cam is really the right place for them or whether they'd been better off somewhere like Durham...
eljadu
Report 14 years ago
hi, i'm just new to the forum so not sure if yous are still doing the introductions that were on the first page of this thread cause i obviously didn't read the 179 pages that came after that.

my name's liz, i'm from newcastle or if you want to know precisely which you probably don't but since i've started the sentence i'll finish, i live just outside of newcastle which is technically northumberland but despite my unusual take on the geordie accent i do class myself more of a geordie than a northumbrian. well that's a nice sharing exercise!

i went to state school again just outside of newcastle in northumberland. a pattern is emerging! i studied (or i should prob say read cause that's what people at cam seem to say instead of study) bio, chem, maths and french and all in all it wasn't that bad.

i've been accepted to do nat sci (down with the slang!) at st john's so anyone on a similiar line would be cool to speak to. or really it would be cool to speak to anyone going to cam cause you never know when we'll pass in the street and like my cam interviewer said "you like to talk alot" but since they gave me an offer i guess that's no bad thing.

saw some people had mentioned musical interests so i'll follow that trend while i'm still working out how this forum thing works. i listen to a variety of genres, i'm really into the new british indie scene partically liking albums this year from maximo park, hard-fi and at risk of descending into teen indie cliche the obvious bands like kaiser chiefs, arcade fire, black keys, etc.. i'm sure you'll know the rest. listening to bedouin soundclash atm which is an awesome album.

i should probably stop there cause thats more than enough insight into my life to digest in one go. altho just as a random question; is there anyone going to the meeting in newcastle next wednesday?
xyro
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Hello Liz! Glad you found this forum. I'll be living nearer to St. John's than to my own college

(Original post by minimo)
anybody feeling a bit bewildered/apprehensive and wondering whether Cam is really the right place for them or whether they'd been better off somewhere like Durham...
No
eljadu
Report 14 years ago
how does that work, how could you be living nearer to st john's? not that that's a bad thing cause from what i've gathered from all of the once that i've been to cambridge, st john's seems like a really nice college. not sure about that concrete thing that the first years stay in tho. like all rank semi-modern concrete buildings tho it won some award for architecture.
Camford
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
I believed I moved roughly 50Kg of stuff around today. Someone snapped my chopsticks :mad:.
visesh
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
poor you.
White_redrose
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
9 for me...anybody feeling a bit bewildered/apprehensive and wondering whether Cam is really the right place for them or whether they'd been better off somewhere like Durham...
Yes, a little bit. I am looking forward (ish) to uni, but I'm not counting down the days till I can go or anything like that...I'm not even sure what day it is tbh! :p: I'm enjoying this lovely currently stress-free period in my life (I so shoulda taken a gap year).
crana9
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
I'm still feeling like that and I've been there a year. I had a weird dream about uni last night. College fined me loads and I had to have an interview again with all the new interviewees, but I took my tablets too early and was too drowsy to do the interview.
xyro
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by eljadu)
how does that work, how could you be living nearer to st john's? not that that's a bad thing cause from what i've gathered from all of the once that i've been to cambridge, st john's seems like a really nice college. not sure about that concrete thing that the first years stay in tho. like all rank semi-modern concrete buildings tho it won some award for architecture.
Yeah, I'm living in a place a bit outside Trinity which is nearer to St johns than to T. Oh, the joy :P
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of Cambridge
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Thu, 2 Jul '20
  • University of Cambridge
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 3 Jul '20

How has the start of this academic year been for you?

Loving it - gonna be a great year (128)
18.21%
It's just nice to be back! (193)
27.45%
Not great so far... (251)
35.7%
I want to drop out! (131)
18.63%

Watched Threads