Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    all the way on page three...*sniff*

ReputationRep:
    a thread revival is necessary me thinks...

ReputationRep:
    I know it's sad but i'm so buzy i dont have time to keep my baby alive anymore... cambridge is so intense! I love it here but i must say that i will really enjoy the 1st week at home when i can sleep and stop partying/drinking!!! Although i know after a week i'll get realy bored and wanna come home immediately!

ReputationRep:
    Really? I've got to go to work. Somewhere. Full time. And then there will be Christmas parties, then New Year, and before you know it you'll be back here with no rest! Or at least I will.

ReputationRep:
    Yes, but at least working will be only 40hrs/wk. I can definitely say I will be happy to have just a job to look after again, if only for a short while.

ReputationRep:
    At least I will be able to develop a sleep pattern... no more 4-hour nights one day, and one 15-hour the next...

Edit: I'm a lazy historian who can sleep til noon. happily.

ReputationRep:
    I can if I don't mind skipping a day of lectures (and I do). I've played that card only twice so I'm proud of myself.

ReputationRep:
    Does anyone know of any good restaurants? I have been disappointed by either hte price or the quality of all I've been to so far and I'm sick of hall food. Anyone know of any that are reasonably priced and good around the center of town?

ReputationRep:
    curry mahal\ is reAlly good but its more of a group thing

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by killermonkeys)
    Does anyone know of any good restaurants? I have been disappointed by either hte price or the quality of all I've been to so far and I'm sick of hall food. Anyone know of any that are reasonably priced and good around the center of town?
    ASK tends to be a bit of a favourite with us. £5 take-away (big) pizzas! And Clowns is nice, and also does take-outs.

ReputationRep:
    A large double bacon cheese burger. Yum.

ReputationRep:
    Ended up going to the indian food near darwin, it's not real indian, nor is it's malayu actually malay accoording to a malaysian that happened to be with us. Why doesn't there seem to be any real indian food in Britian?

ReputationRep:
    Ended up going to the indian food near darwin, it's not real indian, nor is it's malayu actually malay accoording to a malaysian that happened to be with us. Why doesn't there seem to be any real indian food in Britian?
    Someone told me that this Indian restaurant is a Malayalee one (i.e from the southernmost state of Kerala).

ReputationRep:
    where is this place? I am in need of a coconut-fix! I take it that the food is from Kerala (the south-west state where they speak Malayalam)!

I NEED to know.

ReputationRep:
    Errm... I don't know my indian well enough to be sure that's what this food is going to be like. They have two curries that were south-east asiany, one was called Malayu and had coconut milk and perhaps some coconut bits, and one called Kashmiri which had lychees. I had the lychee one and it was good. Also you can do 10 pound set meal which has pappadum, naan, beer, and entree.

As for location if you go down Silver St past Darwin and turn left onto Newnham Rd and take it around the bend, it's near the Granta punt yard. I don't remember the name but it's pretty obvious. It's also next to a thai place which is pretty good but expensive.

ReputationRep:
    Errm... I don't know my indian well enough to be sure that's what this food is going to be like. They have two curries that were south-east asiany, one was called Malayu and had coconut milk and perhaps some coconut bits, and one called Kashmiri which had lychees. I had the lychee one and it was good. Also you can do 10 pound set meal which has pappadum, naan, beer, and entree.

As for location if you go down Silver St past Darwin and turn left onto Newnham Rd and take it around the bend, it's near the Granta punt yard. I don't remember the name but it's pretty obvious. It's also next to a thai place which is pretty good but expensive.
    That's the india house, it's reasonable and the service there has always been pretty good but I'd prefer the Gandhi or even better if you can persuade people to walk that far: the Saffron Brasserie.

A.

ReputationRep:
    What happened to this thread?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Camford)
    What happened to this thread?

well clearly they're just not as good at procrastinating as our year.

MB

ReputationRep:
    Alas, it appears not.

ReputationRep:
    You lot suck.:p:

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: January 13, 2006
Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.