The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

vintage_queen
Well I've lived in Engand for 14 years, and have British citizenship, so I am a home student...

(I'm a girl btw)

good for u... (ashamed :colondollar:)
Michael Mourao
good for u... (ashamed :colondollar:)

Indeed. It does get a bit annoying when people make assumptions like that.
Reply 382
YAY just realised this is now a sticky! :marchmell

And vintage_queen, if you're annoyed with being presumed to be a guy (given your name is "queen" I don't understand why you're presumed a guy), you should ask Willa about his experiences of mistaken gender :biggrin: In his intro his gender is stated in bold :biggrin:
irisng
YAY just realised this is now a sticky! :marchmell

And vintage_queen, if you're annoyed with being presumed to be a guy (given your name is "queen" I don't understand why you're presumed a guy), you should ask Willa about his experiences of mistaken gender :biggrin: In his intro his gender is stated in bold :biggrin:

Hehe. No I was slightly miffed at the question about whether people from Bulgaria are home students, when I've lived in England basically all my life!

Oooh I do want to hear this story of mistaken gender!
Reply 384
vintage_queen
Hehe. No I was slightly miffed at the question about whether people from Bulgaria are home students, when I've lived in England basically all my life!

Lol - yeh I've lived in England *almost* all my life :biggrin: I'm beginning to lose track of how many years I've been here now... well November this year should make it my 10th :smile:

The mistaken gender - well I never had the chance to mistaken his gender cus that was the first thing he said to me lol! - go to page 5 of this thread - you'll find his intro :biggrin: (sorry really not trying to make fun of Willa but I find it amusing that he had to put it in bold anyway :rolleyes: )
vintage_queen

MERCY!
Ken
Engineering
Fitzwilliam

Hey pps, im ken and im chinese. for A levels, im doing math, f. math, chemistry and physics. i have an AS in biology also.

my passion in life is music and art. I play the piano and guitar. i like mostly rock music :thrasher: (big led zepp fan), but have a broad taste generally.

i play basketball and table tennis for the school.

err, thats it so far...thanks
My best friend's boyfriend just got the 'Dark Side of the Moon' prism (Pink Floyd) tatooed on his arm. Who thinks I should should get one? :thrasher:

OK, I wanted an excuse to use the wee rock chick smilie
orangazhang
Ken
Engineering
Fitzwilliam

Woohoo a fellow Fitzwilliamite!
English @ Pembroke :cool:

Hey evryone - kinda feel i've arrived late at the party that's already over but i'll introduce myself anyway! :rolleyes:

My name is David Baker, birthday 21st November 1986
I live near Stamford in Lincolnshire, pretty close to the middle of nowhere if not actually there! I'm from state school - Bourne Grammar - and have an offer to study English at Pembroke college (AAA :eek: )
I do english lit, history, french and spanish for A-level (and general studies of course, but does anyone truly rate that? correct me if i'm wrong!)
Otherwise, i do a lot of music stuff - I play the trumpet (which is, of course, the best instrument in the world even if my playing it dosn't always convince ppl of that!) and sometimes sing at irregular intervals (including in a production of Les Mis in a couple of weeks time! arghh!) - and acting; and of course (though it may seem obvious, being an english lit student!) the inevitable reading... :biggrin:
I'm not exactly sporty, but have been fencing for about a year and want to continue at uni. then again, will always row as long as the correct...ahem...persuasions are used (i.e. money/free drinks, and so on...)
I listen to rock mainly, the heavier the better, although my CD 'collection' also hosts some classical (Sibelius/Wagner) and folk...anything that takes my fancy really!
can't really think of much else to write...open to questions but stopping here for now
Hope to see you all in October,
David
Reply 390
Heylo, may aswell join in too :smile:

I'm Steph, have an unconditional offer for maths at queens' and am currently on a gap year. (applied to Robinson last year and got pooled and rejected. )

im working in an office at the moment so kinda boring, just cant wait to get back to studying! am saving lots of money though :smile:

As for interests... umm Maths obviously :biggrin: , art but haven't done much in a while :frown: and writing songs (just lyrics + melody, i can't write music :frown: ) and attempting to sing my songs badly (can't play any instruments either :tongue:
). would love to be in a band so hopefully will meet people with the same idea at uni :biggrin:

I'm currently wasting away on the internet and haven't done anything remotely interesting in ages. I really should start to revise maths again :tongue: and hopefully take driving lessons this year ?

Well, i should be sleeping, up for work at like 7 tomorrow :frown:

good luck with making offers everyone :smile:
Reply 391
Hello There people.

My name is Jiaxiang Yue, but friends call me Ja. I applied for maths at Fitzwilliam. I'm Chinese, male, live in Luton :redface: , 17.
At the moment I'm doing Math, fmaths, physics A levels.
I came to Britain when I was 4 and stayed in Edinburgh for 3 years before moving to Nottingham for another 3 years, after that was a move to Cardiff for almost 2 years, and now in Luton.
I go to St George's School which is in Harpenden, a small town about 8 miles from Luton. I have attended 8 schools in my schooling life ranging from extremely crap to not bad at all. My current school is my best school so far, I joined the sixth form over a year ago.
Recently I have been quite into astrology and star signs. I am a libra born on 26th september.
I like music, but can't play any intruments :frown: . Favourite song: I don't wanna miss a thing - Aerosmith
Favourite colour: Blue
Dunno what else you guys want to know but my fingers are getting tired. :embarasse
wow a rush of new people and still nobody doing my subject!
jyuk
Edinburgh for 3 years before moving to Nottingham for another 3 years

Harpenden, a small town about 8 miles from Luton.

woo! I've lived in all those places too.

+ more chinese people! :smile:
Hey everyone, I'm back from snowboarding (which was (btw even if no one cares ) amazing even though it snowed all week :frown: ) and what do i see??? This thread half died! I'm glad there are a few new people to give life to it coz u guys managed to write only 6 pages in a week when we had written 14 in only a few days!!! So yeah sorry Visesh but i'm back :tongue: And thx Iris for the sticky: good job in convincing Adshur, our favorite moderator, who is btw a girl! Also Iris what happened to ur hyperness??? U seam to ahve calm down! lol is it the pressure of Visesh and co??? hehe i think i'm gonna do the same coz i need to get started and be serious! Arg i hate studying! Also what happened to our dear friend Avallon??? Well nywya that's it for now, welcome to alll the newbies and see you all in october (unless i scared u like i scared Charlottie! lol)
Ciao
Oh avallon u managed to write in between the time i started writting my post anf finished! now my last comment seems just a tiny bit dumb! lol
so how are u? studying?
Reply 396
Hello:smile:
JHutcher
wow a rush of new people and still nobody doing my subject!

Hmm Hutcher how big is the department? is it like land economy with 40 students a year? Anyway that wouldnt mean anything considering the fact that there are 6 TSR future first year land economists! :biggrin: very surprising that 15% of us will have already been in touch!
visesh
Hello:smile:

Wow that's a fast answer! lol i'm sure u missed me! :wink: :biggrin: hehe
Reply 399
Hello everybody!:smile:

I'm doing Maths next year at Newnham (given I make the STEP offer) after being pooled from Emma. I'm currently doing double Maths, Physics, Chem and that useless, compulsory one.

I'm from Birmingham, 18, Chinese - though I'm more English than my parents would like. I'm into watching cricket, rugby u, snooker, tennis etc... and despite being born without any sporting capability, I've worked hard at playing badminton to a national standard for the last 6 years.

I know orangazhang in person (hello!) though haven't seen him for a while.

I went up (actually down) to Cam yesterday for a pool open day, and met the DoS along with other pooled students at my college in my subject - there are a lot of us, I guess with the emphasis that they expect half of us to miss the STEP offer.

My life-long amibition is to become the official scorer for the England cricket team (it's Malcolm Ashton at the moment, but the guy's got to retire some time..), although I'd probably settle for a career in actuary.

Latest