Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Charlottie)
    I had a conversation with someone we both know about something that was worrying me. I'm hardly the most sexually experienced person, so I talked to them. I said something, it came out wrong, I corrected myself, laughed about it, forgot. This person wasn't as trustworthy as I thought, they took things totally out of context and told everyone "Charlotte says Matt's crap in bed and can't make her ***," people laughed a lot, thing is, we haven't even had sex and people made out that we had, rumours are nasty. I told him what people were saying, because I wanted a chance to explain and I thought it'd hurt less than if he heard the lies from someone else. He said he knew male pride was silly, but it'd really hurt him. I asked him not to hate me, he said ok. Since then, he's barely talked to me, that was last Monday.

It all seems so stupid, I did nothing wrong but make an error of judgment. I realise he needs time, and he'd have had it, but he was leaving the country and it made things harder. I asked him a few days ago if he'd ever feel like talking to me again. I was told not to ask awkward questions. So, basically, I'm in limbo... I don't know what it means and whilst I think he hates me, or at least doesn't think I'm lovely anymore, there's a big part of me that wants to cling on to him while I don't have the confirmation to let me get over him. I need closure if I have to move on, and he's on the other side of the world (or should be, but is really at Heathrow airport) and won't give me an answer either way. I can see why he’s hurt but this avoidance thing, it’s really not fair. I still have his going away present, before we fell out he said I had to keep it and look after it ‘til he got home… it just keeps making me want to cry. I’m so pathetic!

Maybe it's time to change my avatar.
    I honestly can't see a reason why he would hate you for that. Just give him time - and to be honest, maybe the physical distance will help - let things settle, give it some thought etc. And if something like this can make him hate you, when it wasn't deliberate or anything, then maybe he's not worth having, or he can't love you very much.

Give him some time. I don't think he hates you - you don't hate someone that easily after all - maybe he's just a bit angry and hurt but it'll pass.

And crying isn't pathetic - it's good for you I reckon - better let it out than have it rot inside. I cried loads when I broke up with my boyfriend - but I find crying usually helps!

And Camford I like your link don't agree with some of the stuff but only 2 or 3 pointers lol.

ReputationRep:
    Anyway, I found out about an hour ago that he didn't fly last night. His flight was overbooked so they put him up in a hotel and he flies later. He didn't tell me himself, I found out from someone else. He hates me, doesn't he?
    Or he didn't think it was worth telling you since it could well result in another awkward going-away conversation. 3 months is long enough that you can get on with your life and decide things when he comes back.

Camford: asdfsdfg isn't a word. One of the main requirements for a googlewhack is that both words are actually words.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Immortal Wombat)
    Or he didn't think it was worth telling you since it could well result in another awkward going-away conversation. 3 months is long enough that you can get on with your life and decide things when he comes back.

Camford: asdfsdfg isn't a word. One of the main requirements for a googlewhack is that both words are actually words.
    asdfsdfg is something you are meant to decode with. So for compscis, that's good enough.

ReputationRep:
    phaeophytin wiggle

ReputationRep:
    Random: Rosie, have you noticed that on Last Word in the New Scientist, there is a dude called Jon Richfield from Somerset West, South Africa that gets an answer in EVERY WEEK?:eek:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by visesh)
    Random: Rosie, have you noticed that on Last Word in the New Scientist, there is a dude called Jon Richfield from Somerset West, South Africa that gets an answer in EVERY WEEK?:eek:
    no, but me and my freiend spent bloody ages submitting loads of answers to get money when we were too uyoung to have proper jobs, they were so loveingly researched , did they ever print any? no. *****.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by crana9)
    no, but me and my freiend spent bloody ages submitting loads of answers to get money when we were too uyoung to have proper jobs, they were so loveingly researched , did they ever print any? no. *****.
    They did print your letter last year though...

ReputationRep:
    i didnt get paid for it tho.

lets see if they print me & camfo's thing taking the piss out o fo cam.

ReputationRep:
    What thing? :eek:

ReputationRep:
    youll have to wait and see if they print it

ReputationRep:
    Apologies for the very late reply, as everyone has already moved on from the main topic i feel a little on the silly side. but what the hey:

Jamie Wilson
    Downing college
    Maths with Physics

Dependant upon 3 As and a 1/2 in Step 2/3. Not worried about the As, but the step is scaring the hell out of me.

Now that i've said this, you can all go back to your random discussions..... Enjoy

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jim13)
    Apologies for the very late reply, as everyone has already moved on from the main topic i feel a little on the silly side. but what the hey:

Jamie Wilson
    Downing college
    Maths with Physics

Dependant upon 3 As and a 1/2 in Step 2/3. Not worried about the As, but the step is scaring the hell out of me.

Now that i've said this, you can all go back to your random discussions..... Enjoy
    Welcome Jamie, I'm also gonna be at Downing as of October! (yeah once more "if i make the grades"...) Dont worry about ur intro appearing in the middle of random comments, we're just trying to beat the 2004 thread with the max number of posts, but we have a long way to go hehe well hope to see u on this forum or else in October! Good luck with STEP

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jim13)
    Random? Random? Not I! :eek:

Right, I'm off to give blood - yeah, free choccie biscuits Christ, I have to brush my hair...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Camford)
    http://vibesconnect.com/?page=blogs&...log&blg_id=270

Read it, it might make you feel better... If not, it probably can't make you feel much worse.
    That site is weird - I don't like it. You can't really apply a bunch of rules to a human relationship. :rolleyes: And some of them are harsh e.g. "Don't fall for the 'I'm confused' role"
    The person (woman) who wrote that is very bitter.

ReputationRep:
    Maybe it's time to change my avatar.
    Yes

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TakemetoAvalon)
    Yes
    Not a question.

ReputationRep:
    That site is weird - I don't like it. You can't really apply a bunch of rules to a human relationship. :rolleyes: And some of them are harsh e.g. "Don't fall for the 'I'm confused' role"
    It's there for the read. No one takes it seriously.

ReputationRep:
    oh, don't tell me Avalon, a line you've used yourself?

ReputationRep:
    Not a question.
    Not an answer; an agreement.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by platinumki)
    oh, don't tell me Avalon, a line you've used yourself?
    Haven't used it yet - might do in the future though

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: January 13, 2006
Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.