Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Engineering @ Trinity Hall

Hey everyone, anyone else here on a gap/going on a gap year?

And is anyone else going to Trinity Hall?

I started chatting last year on the 2004 forum but, doing this gap year, I really don't count as a 2004 entry, so I left it for a year and here I am.

Looking forward to going to Cambridge, but I really do need to open my maths books and do some reading. Haven't looked at them for six months and even basic arithmetic is challenging. Forgotten everything. Doh.

Actually doing any kind of academic thing for any length of time is a struggle. I've gone from being a dedicated student (no seriously I was, or so I'm told) to a total lie about. Even writing this message is a task. *Yawn* Attention span of a goldfish.....

*stares at ceiling*

ReputationRep:
    having never reached dedicated myself, i should think having once held that title is enough.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by boomerang)

I started chatting last year on the 2004 forum but, doing this gap year, I really don't count as a 2004 entry, so I left it for a year and here I am.

Looking forward to going to Cambridge, but I really do need to open my maths books and do some reading. Haven't looked at them for six months and even basic arithmetic is challenging. Forgotten everything. Doh.

Actually doing any kind of academic thing for any length of time is a struggle. I've gone from being a dedicated student (no seriously I was, or so I'm told) to a total lie about. Even writing this message is a task. *Yawn* Attention span of a goldfish.....

*stares at ceiling*

Hi! I am also an engineer (well, I will be!) and will be going to Clare in October. I am on a gap year with Pilkington in St. Helens, in the R&D department. Are you doing YINI as well then?

I am supposedly on a maths course with YINI, but I've barely looked at the stuff. I'm having great fun :rolleyes: doing the YINI management course as well! I am glad I won't be the only person completely at a loss in the first few weeks trying to get my head around non-linear-hyperthreading-polynomial-simultaneous-differential equations or something equally pleasant

I really should get round to starting an engineering thread.... Oh, the effort!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by boomerang)

*stares at ceiling*
    hiiiiya!!! i'm rhi...and i'm hoping to go to trinity hall in october (all depends on the grades in the summer...dreaded three As eekkk...) i'll be doing history

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by xx_ambellina_xx)
    hiiiiya!!! i'm rhi...and i'm hoping to go to trinity hall in october (all depends on the grades in the summer...dreaded three As eekkk...) i'll be doing history
    And I'm Charlotte, and I'm like Rhi... except I'll be doing English, so, not at all like her...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Charlottie)
    And I'm Charlotte, and I'm like Rhi... except I'll be doing English, so, not at all like her...
    *bumps*

charlottie is my biatch...

:p:

ReputationRep:
    *bumps*

charlottie is my biatch...

:p:
    Hey, hey, hey, that was "I'm like Rhi" not "I like Rhi". Don't get excited. :p:
    Heh, you know I'm only joking, love you lots and lots... guys, if you're at Tit Hall next year, you want to be on Rhi's staircase... she's been learning how to make soup!

ReputationRep:
    soooup!!!!

yummy yummy soup!!!

and i can make lots of other things...like um...beans on toast!!

ReputationRep:
    I plan on cooking almost all my meals - I'm sooooo poor

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by platinumki)
    I plan on cooking almost all my meals - I'm sooooo poor
    lol me too...but if you'd applied to tit hall you could have had soup with me and char!!

ReputationRep:
    befriend me and i'll feed you... can't cook but i should have some money lol. no way to make friend though is it lol.

ReputationRep:
    lol me too...but if you'd applied to tit hall you could have had soup with me and char!!
    I'm jealous... I also want a Downing buddy TSRer who will cook for me... Charlottie ur just too lucky!

ReputationRep:
    Bah, too bad none of you are at King's...I've spent my gap year cooking for my household, and apparently I am pretty damn good :p:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by visesh)
    Bah, too bad none of you are at King's...I've spent my gap year cooking for my household, and apparently I am pretty damn good :p:

good job you aint at pembroke..

I fully expect frequent invitations to kings

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by crana9)
    good job you aint at pembroke..

I fully expect frequent invitations to kings
    Only if you wear a bib/hazmat suit, my dear

ReputationRep:
    you're nasty

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by visesh)
    I can always nip across :P

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by platinumki)
    I can always nip across :P
    Good idea, i could to, but need to enquire first :
    Crana can u cook?

ReputationRep:
    Um..

ReputationRep:
    And Camford?

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: January 13, 2006
Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.