New Cambridge students October 2005: let's get to know each other! Watch

Camford
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by JHutcher)
well the lack of dogma, clergy and general openess of the religion is quite attractive. its christia whils encorperating the best of the meditationist tradition. You can be a memebr of it and other faiths if you feel you need to. there is no pressure to conform... they are pacifists genrally but not totally... and they care about society and the environmnet even if there politics sometimes differ.

It was also me who said about the boats. i think it would take alot of fitness training before i could get in a boat let alone be asked to join any teams. So i think its a side issue. As for rowing don't they have skulls as well? Anyway after some getting fit and things its certainly something i would eb interested in, and from what i hear JESUS as quite a good rowing rep.
Juses is dead man. And He rowed in Jerusalem? How come the bible didn't mention that?! Man, this must the biggest discrimination against boaties in the entire human history!
JHutcher
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by Camford)
Juses is dead man. And He rowed in Jerusalem? How come the bible didn't mention that?! Man, this must the biggest discrimination against boaties in the entire human history!
oh right damn... have to think again.
French Pikachu
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 14 years ago
Do I need to introduce myself? Em... might as well. (*Warning: Twaty behaviour to follow after this point. So please STOP READING NOW if you think you are going to call me a twat!*)

Name's Ford, Cam Ford. Named after the two city in long dispute over the supriority of one another.... This is never going to work. Better stop here.

Name's Shuai, but I have adopted Vincent since arriving in Cambridge last year. Not after Vincent Vega from Pulp Fiction, although I do love that film, very much. I'm a half year Computer Scientist in Pembroke. Currently, my computer is downloading stuff from the internet... not just any stuff, must be said. And I'm thinking, why am I doing this!? Anyway, just finished last bit of my pasta... lavaly javaly! Oh dear... this is not going to work either. I'm not as funny as I am on here (if I was ever funny on here at all, doubt that) in real life. If any of you meet me next year, then you will be disappointed. (Heavily pregnant fish behaviour)

There, are you happy?
THx I'm happy now! and now i found out that next year when i'll be at Downing and made a big mess with my lab-top then i cna just cross the street and go see you at Pembroke for help ! hehe u see it was a useful introduction!

*Check my own location... interesting* Which college did you go to exactly?
This is just another of those weird coincidences... u and fire-faery: coming from the same place, going to the same college...
Camford
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by French Pikachu)
THx I'm happy now! and now i found out that next year when i'll be at Downing and made a big mess with my lab-top then i cna just cross the street and go see you at Pembroke for help ! hehe u see it was a useful introduction!
Never trust a compsci to fix your computer. Trust the IT tech instead.

This is just another of those weird coincidences... u and fire-faery: coming from the same place, going to the same college...
I'm living next door to a TSRer. So are four other people in the 2004 thread, I believe.

PATCH v0.1: Someone in my college (QE) is in Pembroke doing History. Someone from Beauchamp in Oadby is doing Engineering in Pembroke. There are actually more than 1 from Leicester already in Pembroke. We are the Pemguins from Leicester.
French Pikachu
Rep:
?
Hmm Camford finally introduced himself but there are still a few people with no introduction and it makes me sad not to know who i'm talking to... hehe no really if the following people could please make a short intro or copy an old one form another thread: it'd be great (even if they have nothing to do with CAmbridge)
MadNatSci
Raphael
Visesh
Willa
Helenia
Minimo
TakemetoAvalon
Scarlet ibis
Irising
Ticky (even though everyone already knows she drinks too much! )
Helenia
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
I'm a 2nd year medic at Clare, so I'll be 3rd year when you lot arrive. I also have slight alcoholic tendencies and will ***** a lot about my lack of boyfriend a lot of the time. I row for my college but not on the same hardcore level as Willa, and I do Red Cross. Apart from that I'm just a fairly normal student.
French Pikachu
Rep:
?
We are the Pemguins from Leicester.
Pemguins !? lol ur not Pembrokers?
and how are Downign students called? Downers???

I spent a day in Pembroke just before my interviews becoz my friend (who unforutunately got rejected) had her interview there and i loved it! It's so cute and i love the new accomodation block with huge rooms, full of light. The only thing is that there are no en-suite and that the college bars seems a bit scarry...
JHutcher
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Anyone know anyone doing theology... there are only about 50 of us in the first year!
Camford
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by Helenia)
I'm a 2nd year medic at Clare, so I'll be 3rd year when you lot arrive. I also have slight alcoholic tendencies and will ***** a lot about my lack of boyfriend a lot of the time. I row for my college but not on the same hardcore level as Willa, and I do Red Cross. Apart from that I'm just a fairly normal student.
Slight tendency? Cut back on the alcohol and you will find a boyfriend... oh and, remember to look at the right place, hint, TSR is a good starting point.
Camford
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Hmm Camford finally introduced himself but there are still a few people with no introduction and it makes me sad not to know who i'm talking to... hehe no really if the following people could please make a short intro or copy an old one form another thread: it'd be great (even if they have nothing to do with CAmbridge)
MadNatSci
Raphael
Visesh
Willa
Helenia
Minimo
TakemetoAvalon
Scarlet ibis
Irising
They introduced themselves in the 2004 thread... somewhere in those 630 odd pages of material... page one would be a very good place to start.
Helenia
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Slight tendency? Cut back on the alcohol and you will find a boyfriend... oh and, remember to look at the right place, hint, TSR is a good starting point.
But all my best socials are when I'm drunk! And no thanks about the TSR boyfriend. I'm not that bad.
Camford
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Pemguins !? lol ur not Pembrokers?
and how are Downign students called? Downers???

I spent a day in Pembroke just before my interviews becoz my friend (who unforutunately got rejected) had her interview there and i loved it! It's so cute and i love the new accomodation block with huge rooms, full of light. The only thing is that there are no en-suite and that the college bars seems a bit scarry...
I suspect, Downers would be the way to go... sorry, always goes down. I have a friend in Downing doing engineering.

Pembroke is a lovely place... unless of course you live in the wrong side of New Court, which is where I am right now. Downing college has massive rooms though, even bigger than those of Fundress. But I like my college for a different reason and hate it for the same reason.
Camford
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
But all my best socials are when I'm drunk! And no thanks about the TSR boyfriend. I'm not that bad.
TSR is only one suggestion, I'm sure it's just like Clare bar. Only here people won't see you drinking using a teapot... or maybe we could.
Helenia
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
TSR is only one suggestion, I'm sure it's just like Clare bar. Only here people won't see you drinking using a teapot... or maybe we could.
Well, you have, thanks to Alaric. And that's all part of the fun of real life!
Camford
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Well, you have, thanks to Alaric. And that's all part of the fun of real life!
yeah... You can't do that on your computer I suppose, but you still can do it at TSR formals or whatever else we can think of.
JHutcher
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
your diverting this thread... stop it
Camford
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
your diverting this thread... stop it
Thread hijacked, mission complete.

W32.Badodor.AH
JHutcher
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
crappy crapness

incidently i was in cam today... lovely it was, it was my boot up the arse befor ei do some work for m A-LEVELS
Camford
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
crappy crapness

incidently i was in cam today... lovely it was, it was my boot up the arse befor ei do some work for m A-LEVELS
It's saturday, relax, there's no lectures tomorrow. 12 wake up time it is.
~Raphael~
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
MadNatSci
Raphael
Visesh
Willa
Helenia
Minimo
TakemetoAvalon
Scarlet ibis
Irising
teehee Sorry to disappoint, I am an interloper, nothing to do with Cambridge, and even worse, I intend to probably apply to Ox. this year :eek: I just read this thread to learn a little about Camb., just in case, from people 'in the know' :rolleyes:

But, if you really want to know: I'll be applying for maths, the best subject ever, though English and science come a close second goddamnit!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of Cambridge
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Thu, 2 Jul '20
  • University of Cambridge
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 3 Jul '20

Have you made up your mind on your five uni choices?

Yes I know where I'm applying (150)
59.29%
No I haven't decided yet (58)
22.92%
Yes but I might change my mind (45)
17.79%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed