Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Actually could be 25 coz i wanna get to 300 posts tonight...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PhilipGarsed)
    nope, only make that about 7 today!
    Oki i'm completely lost now... is it a culture allusion or somehting coz i really dont get it... actually I'm often lost in convo oh well guess i got to get use to it for next year

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by platinumki)
    clipe
    what does it mean? once more i'm lost

ReputationRep:
    Actually could be 25 coz i wanna get to 300 posts tonight...
    A cunning plan....

As cunning as a fox what used to be Professor of Cunning at [Cambridge (for the sake of personal pride) ] University but has moved on and is now working for the U.N. at the High Commission of International Cunning Planning.

ReputationRep:
    clipe
    Well I don't know either. Some strange Bathgate dialect no doubt *Bathgate power salute*

Hmmm.... having a bath in Bathgate

No members of the Ba'ath party there then

*slaps self on wrist for too many silly puns*

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by French Pikachu)
    Well he is back so cant make up a story So are u enjoying ur hols so far? Are u still at Cambridge?
    I'm in somewhere that doesn't resemble hell.

ReputationRep:
    what does it mean? once more i'm lost
    Hehehe you non-scottish people don't understand our lingo

Clipe means a grass ie. you told on her

Well, I'm pretty much scottish, but I don't have freckles or red hair... I have long fair hair :confused:

Anyway, all you people should come up to Scotland next year - it's actually a really cool place

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PhilipGarsed)
    Well I don't know either. Some strange Bathgate dialect no doubt *Bathgate power salute*

Hmmm.... having a bath in Bathgate

No members of the Ba'ath party there then

*slaps self on wrist for too many silly puns*
    *Bathgate power salute*

Hmm... must go there sometime and scare the hell out of alice... it's not too far from edinburgh *evil grin*

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TakemetoAvalon)
    Anyway, all you people should come up to Scotland next year - it's actually a really cool place
    Literally

I love Scotland really, but then I like walking and mountaineering. Just not the midges!

ReputationRep:
    Oki i'm completely lost now... is it a culture allusion or somehting coz i really dont get it... actually I'm often lost in convo oh well guess i got to get use to it for next year
    Heh, Vanessa, wait till you hea Alice and I speak... then you will really be lost
    And so will everyone else who can't make head or tail of a Scottish Brogue

ReputationRep:
    we have our leaving ceremony on the 12th May and then the first exam on the 13th. The prom isn't until June. (£35 - wtf! And who's my date.... Ralph, the double bass player :rolleyes:) Oh, my bath's ready.
    wtf? £35!!! Ours is like 50 :eek: ah well, with any luck, I won't be here.
    Our year book is like £40 too but I'm not getting one because I have photos of my friends

ReputationRep:
    Hehehe you non-scottish people don't understand our lingo

Clipe means a grass ie. you told on her

Well, I'm pretty much scottish, but I don't have freckles or red hair... I have long fair hair :confused:

I am Scottish ! I swear it's true, 50% of my blood is!

ReputationRep:
    wtf? £35!!! Ours is like 50 :eek: ah well, with any luck, I won't be here.
    Our year book is like £40 too but I'm not getting one because I have photos of my friends
    Ours is 35 euros and here everyone complains that it's just too expensive! :eek:

ReputationRep:
    I am Scottish ! I swear it's true, 50% of my blood is!
    We'll see if you can understand our accents then

ooh yeah, did you ever manage to fix your msn problem? Did you manage to talk to that guy... whatsisname Pete?

ReputationRep:
    Ours is 35 euros and here everyone complains that it's just too expensive! :eek:
    Then there's the suit... oh jeez, the suit *shakes head*

35 euros is cheap!!! that's about 27 pounds!!!!

ReputationRep:
    Heh, Vanessa, wait till you hea Alice and I speak... then you will really be lost
    And so will everyone else who can't make head or tail of a Scottish Brogue
    Lol when I'll hear u speak I'll probably seem like a ret*rd and not understand a word (warning so ur not surprised)... How pathetic, a scottish who doesnt understand scottish people when they speak :rolleyes: Btw did u ever get to talk to Iris on the phone coz then i could check with her how strong ur accent is...
    Btw nice to hear from u, handt talk to u in ages...

ReputationRep:
    Lol when I'll hear u speak I'll probably seem like a ret*rd and not understand a word (warning so ur not surprised)... How pathetic, a scottish who doesnt understand scottish people when they speak :rolleyes: Btw did u ever get to talk to Iris on the phone coz then i could check with her how strong ur accent is...
    With any luck (or not) you might have an American accent, having gone to an International School In Denmark, all the people at my school had such American accents, they were funny. And they couldn't understand me sometimes And they would laugh everytime I said "aye"

I know it's been aaages! (see post about msn )

Yeah, I was gonna phone Iris last week, but then Sunday was too busy and I didn't get chance.. but sometime in the future I'm sure.

ReputationRep:
    We'll see if you can understand our accents then

ooh yeah, did you ever manage to fix your msn problem? Did you manage to talk to that guy... whatsisname Pete?
    No didnt get to fix msn, i just kinda of disappeared for a while but dunno what i was doing... certainly not working...lol and got my mock exams back and just got a big chock becoz wanst expecting such good grades: i met all cambridge conditions and even higher :confused: and then my term grade was even higher :confused: this is absurd i didnt do anything... i think it's just coz my teachers know i have the potential so they all put me stupidly high grades, even though i didnt deserve them, coz they probably thought it would motivate me... but did absolutely the opposite i have no motivation to work coz got wat i wanted... arg... also why do all my teachers think i work like hell? my head teacher told me to take a break or else i risked to "over heat" :confused:
    and no i didnt talk to Pete but his emails are really... hmmm... interesting...

ReputationRep:
    As long as you're accent isn't as hard to listen to as Burns is to read....: :rolleyes:

Wee sleekit, cowrin, tim'rous beastie,
    O, what a panic's in thy breastie!
    Thou need na start awa sae hasty,
    Wi' bickering brattle!
    I wad be laith to rin an' chase thee,
    Wi' murd'ring pattle!

ReputationRep:
    With any luck (or not) you might have an American accent, having gone to an International School In Denmark, all the people at my school had such American accents, they were funny. And they couldn't understand me sometimes And they would laugh everytime I said "aye"

I know it's been aaages! (see post about msn )

Yeah, I was gonna phone Iris last week, but then Sunday was too busy and I didn't get chance.. but sometime in the future I'm sure.
    Well for the moemtn my accent is undetermined: some think i sound ustralian, while others think of me as a brtisih or american! hehe but unfortunately i pick up accent very easly and since i'm gonna be workign in california next summer i will sound american in october! arg :rolleyes: ... hate american accent, wanna sound british
    Talking about not understanding accents, i made a fool of myself when i was at Dwonign coz at dinner i sat enxt to those 2 girls and one of them was irish and i could understand a word of what she was saying... and of course she asked me a question and didnt get it so asked her to repeat twice before admitting to her that i couldnt understand her it was so embarrasing and they both laughed a lot! then the third girl was traducing everyhting for me
    How's Irsi btw? didnt talk to her since msn either... and how are u ? (*oups realised she forgot to ask*)

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: January 13, 2006
Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.