New Cambridge students October 2005: let's get to know each other!

Watch
French Pikachu
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 15 years ago
Good morning people ! Guess waht I'm doing? bio lab ! arg I'm so tired
Wasp39
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by Alaric)
Aye, nobody likes the midges! Stick to the coast where there's usually a nice breeze.
I swear the midges target me, I'm always the first to notice them and have the most number of bites once escaped. The little ****ers.

/me is half scottish, but don't resemble or sound scottish in the slightest!

A.
Not too many mountains on the coast for some reason though.... :p:
Alaric
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by French Pikachu)
Half scottish is the best!!!!!! What's ur other half then? Irish? Welsh? British?
English!

Half lancashire, half scottish, raised in Kent... means I've seen more of the country than a lot of my peers, I certainly don't think life ends at Watford :rolleyes:. I think I'd have rather been raised in Edinburgh or Glasgow, Kent will always be home but it's a bit **** and although I can usually comprehend scottish accents I certainly don't have one (even though I sometimes habitually use scottish words like: dreich, glaikit (sp?), eejit, leerie (sp?)).

A.
Alaric
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by PhilipGarsed)
Not too many mountains on the coast for some reason though.... :p:
True, but mountains are too big, can't be bothered to climb them :P

A.
Wasp39
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
Half lancashire
Yay! Lancashire! Eeh bah 'eck
French Pikachu
Rep:
?
So what is everyone doing? Where is everyone for this forum to be so empty? Come on guys we need to get a bit more active if one day, eventually, we wanna beat the 2004 students' thread...
JHutcher
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
Active in which way... some of us still have A-Levels that we need to work for!
French Pikachu
Rep:
?
(Original post by JHutcher)
Active in which way... some of us still have A-Levels that we need to work for!
By active i meant posting. I totally understand that u have to work for exams coz i also have exams coming soon, but I'm done with all my internal assessments, coursework and orals... since yesterday so u must understand my hapiness! Now i have 9 days of school left and then study time until exams from the 3rd until the 18th of May... I'm so relieved now it's only memorising left... Good luck to all A-levels student who still have a lot more to do
JHutcher
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
i have like 7 weeks left at school... and lots and lots of work to do as it appears i did nothing last year... but luckily only 6 exams in total
priya
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
ahh alevels...i wish i could do them again!!! one of my scheduled papers this year is about 3/4 of my whole biology alevel!
platinumki
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
only one project left - English, Physics and Chemistry down, Biology to go

P.S. you sissy A-level candidates don't know you're born. One course = one exam = one chance. Now that's pressure. :eek:

Actually, that's just me being jealous, but surely you must all be calmer having already got more than half the marks you need?
French Pikachu
Rep:
?
I'm not doing A levels! I take IB so 6 subjects for which I have just finished all my courseworks and orals (which is the reason why I'm so happy and just realxing this weekend ) but I still have at least 2 if not 3 exams paper in each subject... Moreover all my exams are in May and based on a 2 year syllabus... usually no one resits unless failure... So it might be less pressure coz my grade doesnt depend on a single paper but i have 6 subjects and exams based on 2 years of learning so lots of work...
Spanish language: 30% of my grade is 2 orals / i have 2 exam papers left= 40% and 30%
English lit: 30%= 2 orals / 20% coursework / 2 exam papers of 25% each
French lit: 30%=2 orals / 20% coursework / 2 exam papers of 25% each
Maths: 20%=coursework / 2 exam papers= 30% and 50%
Economics: 20%=coursework / 3 exam papers= 20%, 20% and 40%
Biologie: 20%=10 labs and a project / 3 exam papers= 20%, 20% and 40%
priya
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by platinumki)
only one project left - English, Physics and Chemistry down, Biology to go

P.S. you sissy A-level candidates don't know you're born. One course = one exam = one chance. Now that's pressure. :eek:

Actually, that's just me being jealous, but surely you must all be calmer having already got more than half the marks you need?
to an extent i guess, it just means the pressure starts earlier, you can't sleep right from the moment you start the AS course.
Camford
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by priya)
to an extent i guess, it just means the pressure starts earlier, you can't sleep right from the moment you start the AS course.
What has sleep loss got to do with AS course?:confused:
priya
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
probably just applies to me; i thought AS's were the end of the world (as i thought gcses, a levels were the end of the world) and got majorly stressed about everything. i'm probably going to get like that with part 1A at some point. maybe.
Camford
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by priya)
probably just applies to me; i thought AS's were the end of the world (as i thought gcses, a levels were the end of the world) and got majorly stressed about everything. i'm probably going to get like that with part 1A at some point. maybe.
The trend is likely to continue...
priya
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
well im sitting here with 4weeks to my exam and i'm watching the vicar of dibley and spamming this board. im so damn lazy, where did all my motivation go??!?!
Camford
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by priya)
well im sitting here with 4weeks to my exam and i'm watching the vicar of dibley and spamming this board. im so damn lazy, where did all my motivation go??!?!
Lost along with your sleep?:confused:
Alaric
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by priya)
Tripos? Piece of piss

All of you should be able to pass... it's _hard_ to go to lectures and supervisions and fail.

A.
Camford
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
Tripos? Piece of piss

All of you should be able to pass... it's _hard_ to go to lectures and supervisions and fail.

A.
It's pissy easy to fail. just don't answer any of the questions.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How will you be receiving your results?

Going into school to pick them up (181)
33.46%
Receiving them online / by email (270)
49.91%
I still don't know (90)
16.64%

Watched Threads