Cats purr, dear.

Have you evenleft your house?:p:
perhaps the purring was to indicate a cat on the scene
Reply 102
JHutcher
perhaps the purring was to indicate a cat on the scene

A cat among the pigeons!

I'll get my coat...
Dragging this thread back to introductions yet again...

anyone else to introduce themselves?
Reply 104
JHutcher
Dragging this thread back to introductions yet again...

anyone else to introduce themselves?

Me. I'll do it sometime tomorrow, I cba to do it now:p:
lol, well i am off to bed, so i won't be hear to read it
TakemetoAvalon
Good Evening. I am not a woman. Many people here seem to think I am. :smile:
My birth date is May 1987

I am called Avalon. Or, my friends call me Matt, Maff, Maffy, Maffew, Gothylocks, Buuuuuuurst, Hack, Witch, "Old Hag" and I have recently acquired the name of Pat. :confused: One day I will tell you the story of all my ridiculous names, but that is not for tonight... :biggrin:

So, I am living in Scotland in Edinburgh, which is a great place, with a few of my friends (I moved out of my parent's house last April). Consequently, I regularly have my milk, toothpaste, shampoo, soap and even boxers :eek: ruthlessly "borrowed" by my friends. :hmpf: But they did carry me home once so I suppose I should be grateful :rolleyes: What a strange life.

I born in Bedford . I have lived in Bedford, Notts, Southampton, London (tooting and pretoria), St. Albans, Edinburgh, Copenhagen and in the summer the folks are moving to Lausanne (Switzerland). :smile:

Interests:Anime. I am very much into Anime and have watched a great deal.. I am a Otaku :biggrin: My favourites are Evangelion, Cowboy Bebop, Noir, Love Hina, Ghost in the Shell, and many others. I download lots of unliscenced (sp.) (ie. pretty much legal :wink: ) anime from the net, and get grumpy if I don't get my weekly fix of Gundam and Sukisyo (which is a Shounen-ai, {boy love} anime that is very interesting to see how homosexuality is perceived in Japanese culture). I am straight, however.
Used to play music, and I intend to get back into it over the summer.. I play Guitar and Piano a bit. Not very good, but I have never had lessons for guitar, and only 1 year with piano.(I was in a band in Denmark) I shall learn though... I am interested in nearly ALL music, name any type and I can get into it. Seriously! I love music and the emotion that it creates. At the moment I am listening to X Japan, a Jrock band. I like lots of Japanese music especially. :smile:
I'm into drawing and painting things. I love Escher and Dali. I also love the Ukiyo-E Japanese style of painting and I have recently got some Calligraphy brushes. yay! :biggrin: As you can see my interests are all quite inexpensive!

I don't drive, and intend to put off learning for as long as possible. I hate cars very much. :frown:
I don't want to sound pretentious, but I think I am quite a spiritual person... I'm interested on how we have evolved a society that requires certain aspects of our character to exercised all the time. I am into religion, although I don't belong to one (does that mean I have to go to Hell? :confused: ). I do however, believe that there is a God. :smile:

I hold an offer to read NatSci (Biological) at Jesus College, 2005. I need a A in AH chem, A in AH bio and B in AH Physics. I did 5 highers (Eng, Math, Phy, Chem Bio) and did quite well in my exams last year. I go to a state school that has fairly good teachers but not many resources unfortunately.

ooh I'm in a good mood would you like to know where TakemetoAvalon comes from? (lots of peeps have asked)
Tell me what you think of my Spiel.

My favourite is: :marchmell: and I dont like: :cool:

Yo Maff! :biggrin:

Is there a story as to why you no longer with your parents at such a (relatively) young age? Or are you just loaded and bored of them? :rolleyes:
Reply 107
~Raphael~

Is there a story as to why you no longer with your parents at such a (relatively) young age? Or are you just loaded and bored of them? :rolleyes:

Ask HollyBible:biggrin:.
visesh

lol don't wanna :p: who the fook is HollBible?!
Reply 109
~Raphael~
lol don't wanna :p: who the fook is HollBible?!

Her:p:p
visesh

u cud ask her but I didn't tell her WHY :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin:
and anyway she babbles and confuzzles me :confused: :confused:
We should educate her in full stops.
irisng
hehehehehehehehe:marchmell *dances happily*

cooooo cooooo cooooo *pretends to be a pigeon*

*purrs*

Thread Hijackers!!!! ! :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin:

:marchmell :marchmell :marchmell :marchmell :marchmell :marchmell :sheep: :sheep: :sheep: :snoozing: :snoozing: :snoozing: :worm: :worm: :animal: :animal: :willy: :willy: :flowers: :toung: :sheep: :marchmell :marchmell :elefant: :elefant: :evil: :turtle: :turtle: :snoozing:

eVERY oNE knOWS avalon is leader of the animulees!!!
TakemetoAvalon
lol no that is not the reason I will tell u tomorrow but I have beddie byes now :biggrin:

OK :biggrin:
hey, is it too late to introduce? actually technically ive been a member for a while now but never logg on so i lose the gist of all the conversations, oopsie. im bex, as tehy call me, and (hopefully, depending on grades) will be reading french and spanish at clares. i go to a bi-lingual state school in cardiff and still live at home. goddamn. i guess you could say im pretty passionate about life in general and i get hyped up about such petty and silly things, which make a lot of people see me as bimbo-ie (but im not i promise! :tongue:) i look forward to the future all the time and im sooo in lust with travelling, and the world in general. i work p/t as a checkout-chick, classy i know, cos im saving up to travel a little more in the summer. oh im a girl. and i love jazz, jamie cullum in particular. (im his future wife dontcha know) and.. i guess thats me. also, wat is anime??
rebeccajarman
hey, is it too late to introduce? actually technically ive been a member for a while now but never logg on so i lose the gist of all the conversations, oopsie. im bex, as tehy call me, and (hopefully, depending on grades) will be reading french and spanish at clares. i go to a bi-lingual state school in cardiff and still live at home. goddamn. i guess you could say im pretty passionate about life in general and i get hyped up about such petty and silly things, which make a lot of people see me as bimbo-ie (but im not i promise! :tongue:) i look forward to the future all the time and im sooo in lust with travelling, and the world in general. i work p/t as a checkout-chick, classy i know, cos im saving up to travel a little more in the summer. oh im a girl. and i love jazz, jamie cullum in particular. (im his future wife dontcha know) and.. i guess thats me. also, wat is anime??

Anime: the name given to Japanese Animation. Anime is massive in Japan - and an integral part of the culture. :smile:
Reply 115
irisng
Can you actually tell I'm not the clubbing sort by my posts? :confused: :rolleyes: :p:

surely you're not old enough to go clubbing anyway?
Reply 116
~Raphael~

Yo Miffy.
Reply 117
French Pikachu
Ticky (even though everyone already knows she drinks too much! :tongue:)

I'm actually teetotal normally. Hence my awful reaction to it.

I'm Vicki, second year historian at Sidney. Came up in 2003 so now feeling very old. Utterly averse to boaties (:p: Helen!) but trying to do everything else before I leave. Cannot think of anything else I should add...
Reply 118
MadNatSci
I'm pretty boring and don't have many hobbies (or time for them!!) other than singing but I currently sing in three choirs: my college chapel choir, the Trinity Singers (choral society) and the Aurelian Consort.
QUOTE]

Hi...
I'm quite interesting in singing myself (I'm a very screechy soprano.) I'm going to be at Trinity and was wondering, are groups like the Trinity Singers open to everybody, or is it just for Choral Scholars/people doing Grades in Voice?

Thanks!!

(I'm not that screechy. :smile: )

Oh and the way bril idea for a thread...NICE TO MEET U RUSDA...I'm an Economist but from the subcontinent too!! Like to curl cup with a good book and a cuppa too (when I'm not stuffing my face with chocolate.) :redface:
i sometimes think this thread is a little premature, what about the whole issue of getting the grades?

Latest

Trending

Trending