Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Oh, oh, the clocks changed. That confused me.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by platinumki)
    pah - would take more than that to scare me

*Bathgate Power*

P.S. twas a good bath
    Are you sure? I fear I'm becoming increasingly similar to one of the samaitian knights in King Arthur. One of the ones with a large quota of hair. And, when I'm home, my mum keeps asking me to sweep the bathroom floor every two days cause of all the hair :confused:
    Oh well, it'll be good for making cushions by the time I get to uni.

ReputationRep:
    Rant about my flight to Denmark:

Thrusday evening. Was on internet, about to get packed for flight at 16:05 the next day. Get called up, and told the flight is actually leaving at 6:05am.
    Ok, I think, I can handle that, I've done it before.

Get packed, forget lots of things, get packed again properly, book taxi, hide laptop and speakers under floorboards (no joke), get passport, tickets etc ready for next morning.
    Get to bed at 12:30 ish.
    Alarm rings at 4:00. Yep, 3 1/2 hours sleep. Not good.
    Get ready, get to taxi at 4:30.

Get to airport at 5:00.
    Huge ****ing queue. At 5:00 in the morning? wtf?
    Ok, I think, plenty of time. I join the queue to the check-in desk. There are four checkin desks. I notice that they are checking in flights from Lufthansa and BMI at the same 4 desks... would explain the huge queue.
    So I wait in line for about 45 minutes. By this time I have become rather :mad: at all the people pushing through the line. I am still nowhere near the desk... I hear them calling for a London flight that is leaving in 5 minutes... most people on it haven't even checked in yet. There are some noisy Americans exclaiming "I'm going to miss my flight."
    I worked out that they were checking in about 7 flights through those 4 desks.... :rolleyes:

Ok, so I finally check in, and run up the stairs to security... It's 6:00. I show my boarding pass to the woman at the secure entrance:
    "Can I just go to the front of the queue, my flights leaving about now."
    "I'm afraid you should leave more time for security, sir."
    "It took me an hour to check-in."
    "Well, you'll have to ask everyone in the queue ahead. Have a nice flight."
    Again, wtf? What an idiot.

Ok, so some very nice people let me in front of them to security.
    I get to security. Take of my bag. Place it gently on the conveyer.
    Man picks up my bag, feels the weight, and dumps it on the machine with a
    loud thunk.

"There are f**king plates in there!"
    "Excuse me? Sorry sir."

Arrgh, so I eventually get past the goons, who didn't even check the bag, even though there is this massive black bit that came up on the screen that was the plates.

So, I run to the gate (other end of the terminal), and blissfully hand boarding pass over for the final call. I nearly missed the damn bus to the plane.

/part 1

Watch this space for part two.

ReputationRep:
    Avalon..... STUDY!!!!!!

come on now, systematic nomenclature :party:

(hehe, says I, the laziest person in Bathgate *power salute*)

ReputationRep:
    I have been told to join this thread by platinumki and submit as many posts as possible in order to beat the 2004 thread. So here I am.

First Question: Does anyone know if the any of the rooms in Tit Hall are ensuite? I didn't see any, but then I didn't look everywhere.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by boomerang)
    I have been told to join this thread by platinumki and submit as many posts as possible in order to beat the 2004 thread. So here I am.

First Question: Does anyone know if the any of the rooms in Tit Hall are ensuite? I didn't see any, but then I didn't look everywhere.
    I'm sure you can take a cup up and pee in that

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by platinumki)
    Avalon..... STUDY!!!!!!

come on now, systematic nomenclature :party:

(hehe, says I, the laziest person in Bathgate *power salute*)
    look at you! I suppose I am a procrastinator... oh well.

Although I got an A in my chem prelim 2 weeks ago

ReputationRep:

A long way to go before you can beat the 2004 thread...

ReputationRep:

I'm not certain, 'cos I don't go to Tit Hall and never will do... but I /think/ that it doesn't have any en suite rooms. According to my Sources (tm) the plan is to have <some/most/all/none> converted at the end of next year... iirc.

If any of this is wrong blame my friend who goes to Tit Hall and not me. It was him wot done it.

alex - spy

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by coldfish)
    I'm not certain, 'cos I don't go to Tit Hall and never will do... but I /think/ that it doesn't have any en suite rooms. According to my Sources (tm) the plan is to have <some/most/all/none> converted at the end of next year... iirc.

If any of this is wrong blame my friend who goes to Tit Hall and not me. It was him wot done it.

alex - spy
    nonono...i blame you! queens' philosophy...um...um...stoodent!

yeah, that told you.

ReputationRep:
    aww bless the thread. tis sleeping...:snoozing:

ReputationRep:
    What to put on the accomodation for? do i want a set in the first year (unlikely but i could ask) proximity to toilet? size (what the hell does 'medium' mean)?

ReputationRep:
    from what i've seen of the jesus accomodation a "medium" room should be plenty. Dont worry about sets they arent worth the money, not at least in the first year when you're still getting to know people.

Tbh I'd look at the accomodation costs and request a room that is on your budget. That's what I did, and I havent ended up with a bad room (could be better though)

ReputationRep:
    lol thats cool... its all between 400 and 1000 i think 700-800 would be reasonable for a term... i'll take your advice thanks.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by xx_ambellina_xx)
    aww bless the thread. tis sleeping...:snoozing:
    No. It's just you...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by visesh)
    No. It's just you...
    *sobs* no-one loves me do they?

ReputationRep:
    ambellina which insurance have you settled with?

ReputationRep:
    She made a thread about chosing Trevelyan (sp) Durham has her insurance.

ReputationRep:
    I see... tough unis to decide between

ReputationRep:
    Hello I'm back and missed all of u... My computer crashed so didnt have acces to internet and then couldnt access TSR anymore... did anyone else face this problem lately?

Btw Avallon my msn got worse i cannot even log in anymore :eek: Has anyone got any clue to why msn would refuse to work in my family (xe have 3 computers sharing a connection and msn doenst work on either of them!)?

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: January 13, 2006
Poll
Have you ever experienced bullying?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.