New Cambridge students October 2005: let's get to know each other!

Watch
Richy Rich$$
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
Sent it off yesterday- i hope there wasnt a deadline. I think practically all the room are nice in memorial court so we should good accomodation regardless of what you put. Did you say you wanted to play your instrument in your room?-do you think they put all the instrumentalists together then or??
TakemetoAvalon
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by Richy Rich$$)
Sent it off yesterday- i hope there wasnt a deadline. I think practically all the room are nice in memorial court so we should good accomodation regardless of what you put. Did you say you wanted to play your instrument in your room?-do you think they put all the instrumentalists together then or??
A deadline for accomodation? I don't think so - I haven't even accepted my offer yet.
Richy Rich$$
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
Good. Has your college sent you accommodation forms etc yet?
Helenia
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
There are two staircases (S&T) which they fill with musicians, but there are always others dotted around the place as well. All of Mem is nice; there are some little rooms but the facilities are still fine Quite jealous actually! :p:
Richy Rich$$
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
Cool. I just figured it might slightly easier to settle down in a new place, with people who have similar interests. What are rents like because i cant find any info about them?
French Pikachu
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 15 years ago
I'm jealous i wanna receive my accomodation papers too...
visesh
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by platinumki)
yes - and I asked for an extra-special cheap room! How about you?
I have heard nothing, and never wil
xx_ambellina_xx
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by visesh)
She made a thread about chosing Trevelyan (sp) Durham has her insurance.
aww you love me really don't you? stalking me around and all...
visesh
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
i was bored..and when im bored i click on "new posts" a lot
Helenia
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
Cool. I just figured it might slightly easier to settle down in a new place, with people who have similar interests. What are rents like because i cant find any info about them?
I have no idea, ask fishpaste because they changed them quite a lot this year after the new room assessment.

Trust me, everyone in Clare is musical, it's getting away from them that's the problem!
xx_ambellina_xx
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by Charlottie)
I was told that rooms weren't ensuite, but some were being built which would be complete for our third year.
i fought it was second year char...cos someone i know what is there said its the year they leave...which is our second year. shall have to bribe them to let me share bathroom with someone nice what doesnt block plughole with their hair.... :confused: the questionmarks kinda look like hair.
xx_ambellina_xx
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by visesh)
i was bored..and when im bored i click on "new posts" a lot
*sigh*...thats that little ego booster destroyed.

i's more tipsy than i would desire, really.
Richy Rich$$
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by Helenia)
I have no idea, ask fishpaste because they changed them quite a lot this year after the new room assessment.

Trust me, everyone in Clare is musical, it's getting away from them that's the problem!

Does that mean that the standard's really high then to get in the colleges music groups etc?
Helenia
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
Does that mean that the standard's really high then to get in the colleges music groups etc?
Hell yes. CCMS claims to be non-audition. Damn right it is, they take everyone's names and then just don't ask the people they don't want to rehearsal, without audition (this happened to me )
Richy Rich$$
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
How could tell what standard you were without having auditioned you? that seems unfair. Is it all a bit cliquey then?
JHutcher
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
lol... auditions are necessary... otherwise i would join all the choirs, and i can't sing!
Helenia
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
How could tell what standard you were without having auditioned you? that seems unfair. Is it all a bit cliquey then?
You fill it in on the sign up sheet. And I have found it somewhat cliquey, but if you get in with them it's fine. What do you play?
Wasp39
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
As long as I can play in an orchestra or two I don't mind, though it would be nice to play with CCMS.

There's just too much competition on the flute
*cough* Platinumki *cough* :p:
Wasp39
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by Helenia)
You fill it in on the sign up sheet. And I have found it somewhat cliquey, but if you get in with them it's fine. What do you play?
What counts as 'standard' though? E.g. I did my last exam 2 years ago (2.5 by October) and I would have hoped I would have improved a fair amount since then!
Richy Rich$$
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by PhilipGarsed)
What counts as 'standard' though? E.g. I did my last exam 2 years ago (2.5 by October) and I would have hoped I would have improved a fair amount since then!
I would have thought grade 8+ would be the mininium.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Did you get the SQA results you wanted today?

Yes- I did even better than I hoped! (35)
18.13%
Yes- I got what I was hoping for (54)
27.98%
No- my results weren't as good as I'd hoped (104)
53.89%

Watched Threads