New Cambridge students October 2005: let's get to know each other! Watch

French Pikachu
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 14 years ago
Hmmm .... dont remind us... people like to dream... esp when dreams have a chance to become real...
French Pikachu
Rep:
?
I'm lucky they gave me a quite low offer plus even if i "manage" to miss my offer, becoz there are only 2 of us there is a good chance they'll still accept me....
French Pikachu
Rep:
?
(Original post by irisng)
coooooo coooooo cooooo *pretends to be an owl*
Definately sounds like a french pigeon!
French Pikachu
Rep:
?
(Original post by irisng)
Hiya French Pikachu!!!!
And French Pikachu - what's your name? you seem really cool - hyperactive on the board, like meeeeeeee *huggles*
Hye thx for ur intro u do sound very nice too! lol my name is Vanessa but my friends call me Pikachu! dont ask... and yeah if u didnt guess i'm french... although i'm as much scottish! and i dont think to be that hyperactive on the board! lol i'm mush more hyperactive in life ... hm hm hm oki maybe not when it's the first sudnay of a 2 weeks holidays and that i plan to stay in pjs all day and do nothing but internet, tv and sleep!
Iris where do u live?
French Pikachu
Rep:
?
(Original post by Noel)
I applied for Economics and Finance. I'm just a bit worried manchester is too close to home, and so will probably choose York as my insurance.
Well anyway it doesnt matter coz u'll do everyting to get the grades and we'll both finish off studying land economy (which is not a dossy subject :mad: ) at Cambridge! Right??? sounds like a plan???
platinumki
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by fire-faery)
I'm deaf enough already from piccolo playing)
hehehehe - how do you get two piccolo players in tune?

shoot one.

(I'm allowed to say that, I played picc with NYWES (National Youth Wind Ensemble) for 4 years)

Have you ever played 'Viking Spirit'? - it has some seriously kick-ass high Cs. God, I love the way they wince.....Are you applying for an instrumental award, then?
JHutcher
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
I got an AAB offer which is good, but still concrned about the grades... i am retaking up to my eyeballs!
platinumki
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by JHutcher)
I got an AAB offer which is good, but still concrned about the grades... i am retaking up to my eyeballs!
look - we have got to have a bit of optimism, OK? Not one person on the Cambridge thread missed their offer last year I think.

You want to read theology - HAVE SOME BLOODY FAITH :secruity:
fire-faery
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
How many piccolo players does it take to change a lightbulb?
Just one, but she'll spend at hour twisting it back and forth to get it just right.

i wussed out of applying for instrumental awards; i had a friend who went for one last year and failed, and she was *seriously* good. thought i'd spare myself the trauma, i figured cam is going to be demoralising enough already! i assume you are applying for one? what else do you play?

haven't heard of "viking spirit", sounds interesting though. mmmm high Cs. i've been leant a lovely haynes piccolo this year that can hammer them out beautifully - played "An American in Paris" last term with orch, they're all over the place
platinumki
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by fire-faery)
How many piccolo players does it take to change a lightbulb?
Just one, but she'll spend at hour twisting it back and forth to get it just right.
Oh, I like that one.

A piccolo is an ill wind the blows nobody any good.
Camford
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by platinumki)
Oh, I like that one.

A piccolo is an ill wind the blows nobody any good.
It blows? :eek:
Camford
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by MadNatSci)
OK... I'm a second year biological NatSci at Sidney Sussex; I'm currently taking Pathology, Cell & Developmental Biology and Neurobiology and last year I did Biology of Cells, Chemistry, QB and Physiology of Organisms - any questions about any of these, ask away! Assuming I get a decent grade in this year's exams I'm hoping to do Part II Path and possibly go on and do a PhD, thus attaining the ideal of becoming an Eternal Student. I'm pretty boring and don't have many hobbies (or time for them!!) other than singing but I currently sing in three choirs: my college chapel choir, the Trinity Singers (choral society) and the Aurelian Consort.

Um. That's kind of it...
Oh come on!! We all know you are not boring. No one can possibly be more boring than me.
naelse
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by minimo)
Hi...
I'm quite interesting in singing myself (I'm a very screechy soprano.) I'm going to be at Trinity and was wondering, are groups like the Trinity Singers open to everybody, or is it just for Choral Scholars/people doing Grades in Voice?

Thanks!!
Trinity Singers is non-audition so everyone's welcome. Most college choirs are mainly full of organ and choral scholars and maybe a few more from their own college (apart from Selwyn which uses Newnham as well). Kings' Voices takes a few from other colleges and audition (their main concern is sight singing). CUMS chorus auditions as far as I know. If you're at a good standard but haven't done grades I'm sure they won't be bothered as long as your sight singing is up to scratch.
platinumki
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by Camford)
It blows? :eek:
no, no, I of any of the blowing needing done
MadNatSci
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by naelse)
Trinity Singers is non-audition so everyone's welcome. Most college choirs are mainly full of organ and choral scholars and maybe a few more from their own college (apart from Selwyn which uses Newnham as well). Kings' Voices takes a few from other colleges and audition (their main concern is sight singing). CUMS chorus auditions as far as I know. If you're at a good standard but haven't done grades I'm sure they won't be bothered as long as your sight singing is up to scratch.
What she said Trinity Singers is completely and utterly open to anyone who can be bothered to turn up (and a few more besides). There should be a good few choral societies begging for your allegiance at the Freshers' Fair!
priya
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by Ticki)
I'm actually teetotal normally. Hence my awful reaction to it.

I'm Vicki, second year historian at Sidney. Came up in 2003 so now feeling very old. Utterly averse to boaties (:p: Helen!) but trying to do everything else before I leave. Cannot think of anything else I should add...

nothing wrong with us boaties, we're a friendly bunch really...
platinumki
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by priya)
but is does sound like such hard work
Camford
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by priya)
I don't like Boaties for a reason. I believe, it was a boatie that puked in my toilet on a Friday 3 weeks ago! You lot are a terrible bunch when drunk.
Helenia
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by platinumki)
but is does sound like such hard work
Oh God yes. Am having serious serious issues with my work at the moment, I'm really not sure how I'm going to cope with the next few weeks.
Camford
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by Helenia)
Oh God yes. Am having serious serious issues with my work at the moment, I'm really not sure how I'm going to cope with the next few weeks.
You can always cope with it by getting the blues...
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of Cambridge
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Thu, 2 Jul '20
  • University of Cambridge
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 3 Jul '20

Have you made up your mind on your five uni choices?

Yes I know where I'm applying (154)
59.46%
No I haven't decided yet (60)
23.17%
Yes but I might change my mind (45)
17.37%

Watched Threads