New Cambridge students October 2005: let's get to know each other! Watch

JHutcher
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by Charlottie)
We were told that about Spanish. I never quite believed it. All these people running round with the same name? Crazy.
365 different names you mean
French Pikachu
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 14 years ago
(Original post by Charlottie)
We were told that about Spanish. I never quite believed it. All these people running round with the same name? Crazy.
I think this is true... Whenever i go to Spanin I finihs in families with peopel with 3 names all sounding the same...
JHutcher
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by French Pikachu)
Hmm well I'm not aware of this but my family is not religious and actually only a little proportion are in my area... I for myself only have a birthday and the only reason why my name is Vanessa is nto becasue of a Saint but because it's an international name and this I'm frnech and scotish my parents needed a name that could be pronouced in both languages without difficulty... wow how exiting , right... :p:
french pronouciation of my name gets on my nerves
White_redrose
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Hm, I don't think I ever got round to posting an intro....not much point now though lol.
French Pikachu
Rep:
?
(Original post by White_redrose)
Hm, I don't think I ever got round to posting an intro....not much point now though lol.
That's wat i was checking now ... hehe got to page 3 of 75 i think :p: Do it now for Pikachu who wants to know u
visesh
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
That's wat i was checking now ... hehe got to page 3 of 75 i think :p: Do it now for Pikachu who wants to know u
Do I have an intro?:p:
French Pikachu
Rep:
?
(Original post by fire-faery)
English at Pembroke

My name's Mia; my birthday is 27/06/87; I live in Leicestershire and attend what is generally considered to be an okay state school (actually it's a "technology college" which means they get grants to spend on things like high-tech sewing machines that are only used when ofsted are about, whilst the music department is overcrowded and falling apart. Plus I had to do textiles gcse :hmpf: ); I'm doing Eng Lit, Music, French and Psychology A2s; I play flute, piccolo, piano and alto sax; I play in the county youth orchestra, various flute choirs and folk groups, and the school jazz and soul bands. And I like semi-colons. A lot.

I love Shakespeare more than is good for me, same goes for fairytales and folk stories. Also into Charlotte Bronte, Tolkien, Pullman, and (shamefully) Harry Potter . Like Adhsur, I like my books and tea I can't stand dance/rap/pop music and - weirdly - listen to rock music quietly (I'm deaf enough already from piccolo playing). I love Bach, Debussy, Einaudi, Kate Rusby, Alanis (tickets arrived this morning for the Manchester concert ), Sarah MacLachlan and the Goo Goo Dolls. Typically at the theatre on Friday/Saturday nights rather than clubs/pubs. I am not middle class; my parents came from poorer backgrounds and my Dad studied at Oxford (he's forgiven me for applying to the Other Place. Just.) I'm very short and have very long hair and grey eyes. I'm pretty insular/introspective but not aloof, just shy. I'm terrified about leaving my family and going off to university, but can't wait to become more independent and start doing something challenging. School is boring. :hmpf:

Anyway, I'll stop waffling. (Another of my favourite hobbies.)
Like ur name future neighbour
French Pikachu
Rep:
?
(Original post by visesh)
dunno yet I'm at page 5
platinumki
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
no. Who the hell are you?!
Wasp39
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
By the way how did u come up with this one?
I found it a while back. Got bored one evening and decided to see if there were any societies on MSN Groups, so typed in something like "Cambridge University Societies" and that came up. I was a little surprised to say the least!

Hehe right, ur just a guy! and look at what it's linked to if you open one of the posts
I never actually looked through any of the messages - the front page scared me off!!!
Wasp39
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by JHutcher)
365.25 names you mean [/pedantry]
French Pikachu
Rep:
?
(Original post by Willa)
I play the electric guitar (badly) and make pancakes for my neighbours in my spare time (hence my neighbours dont often get pancakes...this tuesday they will though obviously!).

Can't think of anything else really!
Hehe can u make pancakes and play the guitar at the same time? I f so u'd be the perfect husband :p:
minimo
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
well i was told that previously french people had to name there child after one of the 365 names on the french calander printed in our french books... and i assumed it was based on the saints days... catholics sometimes have a secondbirthday on there saints day... i am not wuite that lucky.

But this could have been rubbish
I realized a few weeks ago when looking at a friend’s (French) diary that has all the saint’s days that I was unwittingly named the female version of the saint who shares my b-day!! My folks didn’t know about this, plus I’m catholic, so does that mean I lost my second birthday?
visesh
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by platinumki)
no. Who the hell are you?!
I wish I knew. I am going to spend the summer trying to find myself.
Charlottie
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Meh, you know what I mean. With a population of [insert big number] there'd be all these people running around called Tomas. Three hundred and sixty five groups of 'all these people', but still. Mind you, my cousin is from Portugal (similarish, it's hot and that) and his name is Tiago (from Saint James).
platinumki
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
The name thing is true I believe - my grandfather is a bit of a Francophile as he lives in France with his French girlfriend and phones us up to tell us about it. I'm surprised he doesn't have T-shirt that says "I'm 75 and still getting laid." *shudder*

Anyway, he phones me now on my Saint Day and irritates me, so it must be true (although it may only be practised amongst the older generations/ those from the Charante/ sad farts)
Wasp39
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
try lost property or Google Soulserarch [BETA]
French Pikachu
Rep:
?
You don;t need to tell us that you have never been clubbing. You just dont appear to be the sort of person that does.

P.S. My intro will be up in a day or two
Haha... A clue! We'll see what will come next and maybe disocver the truth...
Charlottie
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Hehe can u make pancakes and play the guitar at the same time? I f so u'd be the perfect husband :p:
I always thought Willa was female. Ooops!
minimo
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
i know you
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of Cambridge
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Thu, 2 Jul '20
  • University of Cambridge
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 3 Jul '20

Have you made up your mind on your five uni choices?

Yes I know where I'm applying (150)
59.29%
No I haven't decided yet (58)
22.92%
Yes but I might change my mind (45)
17.79%

Watched Threads