*ahem* All Saints Day :rolleyes:
JHutcher
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by platinumki)
*ahem* All Saints Day :rolleyes:
Still has to be a staints name to be included... suppose it could be the feast of christ the king... or something similar
French Pikachu
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 14 years ago
(Original post by rebeccajarman)
hey, is it too late to introduce? actually technically ive been a member for a while now but never logg on so i lose the gist of all the conversations, oopsie. im bex, as tehy call me, and (hopefully, depending on grades) will be reading french and spanish at clares. i go to a bi-lingual state school in cardiff and still live at home. goddamn. i guess you could say im pretty passionate about life in general and i get hyped up about such petty and silly things, which make a lot of people see me as bimbo-ie (but im not i promise! ) i look forward to the future all the time and im sooo in lust with travelling, and the world in general. i work p/t as a checkout-chick, classy i know, cos im saving up to travel a little more in the summer. oh im a girl. and i love jazz, jamie cullum in particular. (im his future wife dontcha know) and.. i guess thats me. also, wat is anime??
bi-lingual state school but with what languages? enlgish-french? french-sapnish? spanish-english?
platinumki
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
In Cardiff.... maybe English-Welsh? :p:
JHutcher
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
thats cheating... welsh isn't a real language lol
platinumki
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
hohoho -listen to the Cockney!
French Pikachu
Rep:
?
(Original post by JHutcher)
thats cheating... welsh isn't a real language lol
Totally agree :p: unless it's sheep language
JHutcher
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
lol cockney?

It says north-east london... which is more like essex than anything... but i am quite well spoken i feel.
French Pikachu
Rep:
?
(Original post by Willa)
i would be very suprised if there wasnt a meetup, since we were the pioneers of such UKL meetups....and they are mostly fun (if a little daunting and suprising in some cases!)
haha that's gonna be fun
Wasp39
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by JHutcher)
lol cockney?

It says north-east london... which is more like essex than anything... but i am quite well spoken i feel*.
*Surely "one feels" :p:
Simone de Beauv
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
JHutcher- you are definately well spoken!- I umm mistook you for a 'real' student at the interviews- you seemed really confident!
French Pikachu
Rep:
?
(Original post by PhilipGarsed)
Hi. As a long time lurker I think its probably about time I introduced myself. I'm Philip Garsed (full marks for guessing! -I had a complete and terminal loss of imagination when I was signing up). I've got a place at Clare for Engineering in October . This is a deferred place, so I don’t have to worry about A levels or anything this year! ...
I’ve also cast an eye over the societies list, which took my breath away – I could fill all my time with societies things and not do any work (I’m guessing they don’t tend to let you do that, do they? )
So that’s me!
*agrees that he is not a lurker anymore*
*hates him for having nothing to study*
*agrees that the society list seems amazing*
JHutcher
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
i said well spoken not stupidly so
French Pikachu
Rep:
?
(Original post by White_redrose)
Hi all! I was just wondering, has anyone on this board received offers from Pembroke, with a view to starting in 2005? I've been offered a place (AAA) to read History. I'd love to hear back from anyone who hopes to go to Pembroke this October/other historically-minded folks! :-)

Charlotte

P.S
Message for Beatrice: If you are reading this Beatrice, let me know how you got on (RE 9/12/04) - have you been offered a place for Eng Lit? Hope so!
I agree: this cannot be qualified as a decent introduction! I'm waiting for your real one now esp since ur gonna be my neighbour next year !
Wasp39
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by French Pikachu)
*agrees that he is not a lurker anymore*
*hates him for having nothing to study*
*agrees that the society list seems amazing*
I LURK VERY NOISILY

Would it help you hate me less if you knew I am doing exams for a Year in Industry maths course, and I also have to do assignments for a management course too (I do that with a healthy dose of cynicism) - speaking of which....
minimo
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
I realised I never fully introduced myself here, if I wasn't trying to work at the same time right know, I'd do one.
French Pikachu
Rep:
?
(Original post by Charlottie)
Hiya, I'm Charlotte and (grades depending) I'll be reading English at Trinity Hall in October. I love English, blah blah blah, and want to end up as a journalist (hopefully sports). I currently work for a radio station called Hallam FM, where I write match reports for Rotherham United and talk about them on air on occasion. I dance, blah blah blah. I'm really not that interesting, anyway.
Yeah ur another one who could give su a longer intro :rolleyes:
Charlottie
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
But there aint owt else. Sorry.
French Pikachu
Rep:
?
(Original post by Lau200)
Land Economy at St. John
Hi everyone!
My name is Laura and I live on the little channel island that is Guernsey! However, I have previously lived in Cyprus (I was born here), Sardinia and Bristol due to my dad's profession in the RAF. Guernsey is a little island closer to St. Malo than it is Southampton and is nice to live on...However, although it is tiny - 60,000 people live there so it gets quite claustrophobic and everyone knows everyone etc etc!
This island is famous for many things!! (some good....some bad!):
1) We have the world's smallest operating church (made entirely out of pottery - v.beautiful!)
2) We have a world record for the shortest distance between a pub and a church (in fact somebody standing with their arms apart could touch both!)
3) We are the 12th most densely populated area in the world (getting back to that claustrophobic thing...)
4) We have the highest cancer rate on the world
On that note....!

Anyway I have an offer to read Land Economy 2005 at St. John which is cool - there's quite a lot of Land Economists on here actually . I love geography and economics and considered a degree in law so this course is perfect for me!
My main passion is music- just about all types and play the lecci guitar, alto sax and keyboards. I teach music privately in my spare time which is a good way to earn cash - and recently my pupils all passed their exams I play in the local wind band and jazz band - and we went to Australia last year to play which was great.
Like sports and outdoor things - just finished D of E gold exped which was fun but quite hard as I went 2 Wales for a week when the weather wasn't too good!
anywayz enough about me....
look forward to seeing you all! (grade pending! )
Laura
xx
p.s. IT'S MY BIRTHDAY FRIDAY!!

Like u too future buddy
French Pikachu
Rep:
?
(Original post by xx_ambellina_xx)
hiya, i'm rhian...known by my various aliases...rhi, rhi-rhi, 36-24-36 (don't ask), cuddles, and helen (anyone see big brother 2...ahem...i like blinking i do)...

*IF* i get the grades i'll be reading History at Trinity Hall. I'm particularly interested in Fascism...(in a completely academic way, i'm no fascist...) other than that i'm a bit boring
Could do longer aswell Miss
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of Cambridge
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Thu, 2 Jul '20
  • University of Cambridge
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 3 Jul '20

Have you made up your mind on your five uni choices?

Yes I know where I'm applying (116)
66.29%
No I haven't decided yet (35)
20%
Yes but I might change my mind (24)
13.71%

Watched Threads