New Cambridge students October 2005: let's get to know each other! Watch

JHutcher
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
or have a parent take you... though i'll be off to buy some clothes over the summer because i have about the same number of garments as a naturist coumminty might have.
Wasp39
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by Camford)
Hop on the next train going to Cambridge, like I do, and you are sorted... with a lot of suitcases.
Ha!!! Do you realise how long it takes me to get to Cambridge by train??? - between 4.5 to 5 hours, and often a couple of changes - quite how do you manage that with a pile of suitcases?
platinumki
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by PhilipGarsed)
Ha!!! Do you realise how long it takes me to get to Cambridge by train??? - between 4.5 to 5 hours, and often a couple of changes - quite how do you manage that with a pile of suitcases?
longer from Scotland!
JHutcher
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
oh the joys of living such an easy distance
platinumki
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
you don't know what you are missing though....

*Bathgate Power Salute*
JHutcher
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
well i wanted to move from a great (the greatest) city to a pretty city... which is why cam and durham were always the top!
Wasp39
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by platinumki)
longer from Scotland!
Not neccessarily - you can go to Edinburgh and just cruise down the East coast with GNER. I either have to go cross country via manchester, or via Birmingham with that wonderful train company Virgin. (Did I say train company? *falls about it fits of helpless laughter*)
Simone de Beauv
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
ok so I'll be traveling from Ireland- I was planing on geting a boat then driving (for hours) with my parents in Oct, and then I was going to just fly back from london at christmas etc...BUT with Cam do you have to clear out your room at end of every term? Becuase if so wil lI then have to get a boat back everytime...? :confused: If you had a proper computer computer (umm dont know what theyr called- a normal computer?) then you cant get it back by airplane... hmmm im so gonna get a laptop.
visesh
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by Simone de Beauv)
ok so I'll be traveling from Ireland- I was planing on geting a boat then driving (for hours) with my parents in Oct, and then I was going to just fly back from london at christmas etc...BUT with Cam do you have to clear out your room at end of every term? Becuase if so wil lI then have to get a boat back everytime...? :confused: If you had a proper computer computer (umm dont know what theyr called- a normal computer?) then you cant get it back by airplane... hmmm im so gonna get a laptop.
Have you checked the possibility of flying out from Stansted? It might be a bit easier.
Simone de Beauv
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
thats how i went for interviews, but I asusmed id be able to do what my sister at another uni in eng does- she drives the 1st time, then flies back for vacations (but then she gets to keep everything at uni)
Wasp39
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(umm dont know what theyr called- a normal computer?)
Desktop computer

(Original post by visesh)
Have you checked the possibility of flying out from Stansted? It might be a bit easier.
I could theoretically fly from Manchester, but wouldn't dream of doing it because I'm fairly green (in political beliefs rather than colour). I don't really mind the train journey anyway - I just stare out of the window and watch the world go by (or me going by the world if you're into relativity)
Simone de Beauv
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Oh I love long train journeys, but Id be a bit worried trying to not to leave something on the train...ohh and I have a fear of fainting onto the train tracks.
Wasp39
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Oh I love long train journeys, but Id be a bit worried trying to not to leave something on the train...ohh and I have a fear of fainting onto the train tracks.
I bet there's a medical name for that :p:

It's just **** when its dark - its sooo boring then - and the carriages tend to be full of drunk people (or perhaps thats just in the vicinity of Manchester and Liverpool :rolleyes: )
platinumki
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
took me 8 hours on the train to get to Cambridge. However, as pater works for the railway, I travel for free :p:
Wasp39
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
a different form of Gaelic is spoken in Scotland

http://thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=86166

right, I'll be good now

I need more coat hangers. Does this ever happen to anyone else, where you run out of skirt hangers and trouser hangers, but have plently boring, ole straight ones? I may own too much stuff of course! How the hell am I going to get it to Cambridge!? :confused:

(better Pikachu? )
Just out of interest Platinumki, how did you derive your username? I can work out most other people's but yours is a mystery....
Wasp39
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
took me 8 hours on the train to get to Cambridge. However, as pater works for the railway, I travel for free :p:
1st class?

I've got a friend who's dad does that, and whenever we went anywhere by train he'd go and sun himself in 1st class whilst we sat in sardine class
Pirate Roberts
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Hi, I've just been introduced to the boards by the lovely Phil Garsed. Um...

I've got a deferred place at St. John's this year to do Engineering, so all my exam worries are past for the mo . I'm currently being a under-minion in the engineering dept. of a bearings factory in my year off. It's rather boring but it has it's upsides (money! ). I'm also doing the (Year in Industry) CMI course and opted to do the Maths course as well.

Away from all that I watch Donny Rovers, play the 'cello, listen to rock & metal of most kinds :rock: and spend way too much time online.
xx_ambellina_xx
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by Pirate Roberts)

I've got a deferred place at St. John's this year to do Engineering, so all my exam worries are past for the mo . I'm currently being a under-minion in the engineering dept. of a bearings factory in my year off. It's rather boring but it has it's upsides (money! ). I'm also doing the (Year in Industry) CMI course and opted to do the Maths course as well.

Away from all that I watch Donny Rovers, play the 'cello, listen to rock & metal of most kinds :rock: and spend way too much time online.
*sings*

oh i'd rather be at oxford..

only joking, hello!
Camford
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by xx_ambellina_xx)
*sings*

oh i'd rather be at oxford..

only joking, hello!
Yes I'd rather be at Oxford than...
~Raphael~
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by Pirate Roberts)

Is this a camb coursr, the CMI and maths thingy, or OU or C&G or something?!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of Cambridge
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Thu, 2 Jul '20
  • University of Cambridge
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 3 Jul '20

Have you made up your mind on your five uni choices?

Yes I know where I'm applying (116)
66.29%
No I haven't decided yet (35)
20%
Yes but I might change my mind (24)
13.71%

Watched Threads