Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by platinumki)
    I need more coat hangers. Does this ever happen to anyone else, where you run out of skirt hangers and trouser hangers, but have plently boring, ole straight ones? I may own too much stuff of course! How the hell am I going to get it to Cambridge!? :confused:

(better Pikachu? )
    hehe thx Yeps it does happen to me to lack hangers!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PhilipGarsed)
    Ha!!! Do you realise how long it takes me to get to Cambridge by train??? - between 4.5 to 5 hours, and often a couple of changes - quite how do you manage that with a pile of suitcases?
    Stop complaining man! For me on the train it's about 15-20 hours in 4 or 5 different trains! :eek: By car it's about 2 days including the ferry trip (20 hours so we stop usually around paris for a night, well by usually i mean when i was ypunger and that plane cost a lot) So yeah since I have loads of stuff i wanna bring, my dad said he'd drive me so I'm gonna arrive at Cambridge all fresh adn rested for freshers week! Esp if i go to Warick for freshers' the week before... :p:

ReputationRep:
    For me it's 14 hours by plane, and it's literally impossible to get there any other way. No idea how I'll get everything there, I guess I'll just have to stuff as much as I can into suitcases and buy anything I couldn't bring when I get there.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by beeblebrox87)
    For me it's 14 hours by plane, and it's literally impossible to get there any other way. No idea how I'll get everything there, I guess I'll just have to stuff as much as I can into suitcases and buy anything I couldn't bring when I get there.

I've missed some of you're posts. You a fellow future-mathmo aren't you? Have you got msn?

ReputationRep:
    its 7 hrs for me

ReputationRep:
    OK- so wait, for all those people who have to travel pretty far, does that mean that definately we have to bring everything back with us at christmas and at easter?

Oh and another q- does anyone know if you can stay on extra weeks at cam during vacation?

ReputationRep:
    I was told by my college that overseas students (does EU count as overseas?) could leave their things in Cambridge but I´m not exactly sure how much. You can also stay during vacation although you might have to pay some extra fees.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Simone de Beauv)
    OK- so wait, for all those people who have to travel pretty far, does that mean that definately we have to bring everything back with us at christmas and at easter?

Oh and another q- does anyone know if you can stay on extra weeks at cam during vacation?
    I read somewhere that you could.

when i was looking to go to durham, flying was going to be my option so veyr cheap... but now i am going just down the road.

ReputationRep:
    isnt it kind of ironic jhutcher that we both applied to corpus and both to st chads, but you got pooled from corpus and I got rejected from st chads...weird.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ~Raphael~)
    Is this a camb coursr, the CMI and maths thingy, or OU or C&G or something?!

The CMI course is a management thing you have to do if you're doing a Year in Industry. The Maths course is run for the YinI by Loughborough and is optional. CMI got talked up a lot by the YinI staff but to be honest it's all CV filling. Useful for learning how to sleep with your eyes open and meeting other YinI types but not much else.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by xx_ambellina_xx)
    *sings*

oh i'd rather be at oxford..

only joking, hello!
    Oi! You lot can't sing that yet! I can though (and have, at full volume, in their bar )

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Pirate Roberts)
    Away from all that I watch Donny Rovers
    Oh dear, poor you. Heh. Of course, I'm only joking, don't take my banter seriously, or at least don't take it as seriously as some of your red and white hooped friends intend me to take their abuse. I am not scum. If you know anyone who goes by the name of Mada, or Jenny Lee, gimme a bell, although with Donny having (probably) more fans than we do, I doubt you know everyone. I thought I was going to be the only South Yorkshire football fanatic at Cambridge (grades depending). We could share abuse some time.

ReputationRep:
    isnt it kind of ironic jhutcher that we both applied to corpus and both to st chads, but you got pooled from corpus and I got rejected from st chads...weird.
    Chads was lovely don't you think?

Your right it is weird, and corpus is a lovely college.... expect to see me down there for choral evensong lol

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Charlottie)
    I thought I was going to be the only South Yorkshire football fanatic at Cambridge (grades depending). We could share abuse some time.
    I'll hold you to it, although i must apologise on behalf of those others. We're not all that bad, despite the reputation. You'll have to get the grades now anyway And not only sharing abuse, there'll be someone else there who understands 'Yorkshire'. Working in Barnsley hasn't helped the accent much.

Barring minor mathematical miracles, be seeing you in League 1 next season then if you're a Miller? :boxing:

ReputationRep:
    JHutcher- I dont even know what chads looks like in relaity- I was rejected from durham without interview! And I have absolutely no idea why, but at least cambridge wwant me :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Pirate Roberts)
    Barring minor mathematical miracles, be seeing you in League 1 next season then if you're a Miller? :boxing:
    League 1, indeed. I'm actually quite looking forward to it. I've missed a good derby. In fact, the derbies were our best games this year, but there just haven't been enough. The year we came up there was us, Wednesday, Barnsley and United and that was fantastic. Next year should be better.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JHutcher)
    I read somewhere that you could.

when i was looking to go to durham, flying was going to be my option so veyr cheap... but now i am going just down the road.
    literally? Lucky you if so! Am going to have to spend loads on rail methinks

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Charlottie)
    League 1, indeed. I'm actually quite looking forward to it. I've missed a good derby. In fact, the derbies were our best games this year, but there just haven't been enough. The year we came up there was us, Wednesday, Barnsley and United and that was fantastic. Next year should be better.
    Just slightly! Well, Hull have got promotion and Wednesday may still go up (and so may Rovers, if three of the teams above us lose their remaining matches and we win ours, and then get through the play-offs :rolleyes: ) but there's still Bradford, Chesterfield, Barnsley, Huddersfield and possibly Lincoln.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by White_redrose)
    literally? Lucky you if so! Am going to have to spend loads on rail methinks
    well 50 miles ofthe same motorway

ReputationRep:
    JHutcher- I dont even know what chads looks like in relaity- I was rejected from durham without interview! And I have absolutely no idea why, but at least cambridge wwant me :rolleyes:
    thats not very nice of them... i had to go up for an interview. Flew into newcastle and stayed night in college and got drunk.

Not that you care now but on thw whole chads was definately the right choice... right opposite the cathedral and with a really really friendly atmosphere

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: January 13, 2006
Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.