Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    The Wendies won't go up. I've been telling myself over and over again. They won't go up becuase they're too inconsistent, Tramere will go up. Please. Or someone else. I can't sleep.

ReputationRep:
    Corpus Won't Let Me Switch Subject

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Simone de Beauv)

awww... did they tell you why?

ReputationRep:
    it was a really harsh email with lots of blunt sentences- but it bascily said I cant change now,. I cant change when I get there. I cant change throughout the course. I can either keep my place for 2005 or reaply for 2006(NO WAY i'd reapply)

ReputationRep:
    That's terribly harsh, oh well chin up, at least you'll be at Cambridge and maybe can pursue your History of Art interests in your spare time by joining a society

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by beeblebrox87)
    For me it's 14 hours by plane, and it's literally impossible to get there any other way. No idea how I'll get everything there, I guess I'll just have to stuff as much as I can into suitcases and buy anything I couldn't bring when I get there.
    After a year you'll be rowing there :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    sorry for you. But the repplies are right... there is always the society... come joint he law society or something.

ReputationRep:
    arg! its been law that's got me into all this lol - I was gona apply for law to be the "perfect person" my parents wanted me to be, though id compromise with SPS... Oh well- 1 want to be an actress, so I guess I can be a politically balanced actress!

ReputationRep:
    arg! its been law that's got me into all this lol - I was gona apply for law to be the "perfect person" my parents wanted me to be, though id compromise with SPS... Oh well- 1 want to be an actress, so I guess I can be a politically balanced actress!
    lol i wish my parents wanted me to do something, it might be easier that way. Its not that they don't care but they love me regardless... which is annoying because it feels as if they don't care.

I am quite looking forward to a career as a government ***** of some description or another.

ReputationRep:
    my parents wanted me to go to bristol or cardiff and do medicine. as did my physics teacher, my chemistry teacher...and everyone else.

hehe i'm a disappointment....i'm going to be a lazy history bum instead.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by xx_ambellina_xx)
    my parents wanted me to go to bristol or cardiff and do medicine. as did my physics teacher, my chemistry teacher...and everyone else.

hehe i'm a disappointment....i'm going to be a lazy history bum instead.
    ^^^^ hehe, what is wrong with that? :p: Hm, I think my parents secretly wanted me to apply for Eng Lit (dad especially) but I don't really think they minded either way, they just want the best for me & for me to be happy. (ahh ) Plus have watched many Starkey videos with my parents and they were very impressed lol - though I know his presenting style isn't for everyone!

ReputationRep:
    Starkey or Schama, now that is the question.

I'm a Starkey girl, myself.

ReputationRep:
    What's a government *****? Im thinking of all the swear word I know but it doesnt really seem to fit- a governemnt b**ch? But you're a guy so that doesnt make sense...Yeah I think I might have to be some kind of law/gov person god, how boring!

I want to act...

ReputationRep:
    What's a government *****? Im thinking of all the swear word I know but it doesnt really seem to fit- a governemnt b**ch? But you're a guy so that doesnt make sense...Yeah I think I might have to be some kind of law/gov person god, how boring!

I want to act...
    its not boring and the word is the 'WH' word that also means prostitute

ReputationRep:
    Ahh know I know the word.. :p:

I had all these dreams of being a human rights lawyer, travelling all over the word to free people from oppression and suffering, and half of my offers are for law...but then don't know whether that's just a far-fetched dream. I do NOT want to be stuck working in an office for the rest of my life, worrying about whether WHSmith has sold out of postits and blutack...

ReputationRep:
    Ahh know I know the word.. :p:

I had all these dreams of being a human rights lawyer, travelling all over the word to free people from oppression and suffering, and half of my offers are for law...but then don't know whether that's just a far-fetched dream. I do NOT want to be stuck working in an office for the rest of my life, worrying about whether WHSmith has sold out of postits and blutack...
    well have you thought about a career in the foriegn office or diplomatic services... certainly two things that seem as if they could be fun.

ReputationRep:
    i err dont know what they are... I am so not going to cope with SPS!

germaine greer would kill me, but sometimes I think I'd just like to be some kind of high-class mistress to a dashing mr darcy-esque gentleman, and then he would fall in love with me and I'd live hapily ever after...

ReputationRep:
    i err dont know what they are... I am so not going to cope with SPS!

germaine greer would kill me, but sometimes I think I'd just like to be some kind of high-class mistress to a dashing mr darcy-esque gentleman, and then he would fall in love with me and I'd live hapily ever after...
    I wouldn't mind being a kept woman... but i am a man so i have to do the keeping. Jane Austen like existence does sound extrememly attractive. I have already decided for the country so all i need to do now is refine my aloof persona and i'll be the perfect austen male

ReputationRep:
    minus the handsom physique

ReputationRep:
    Are you not a londoner at heart? Im a country girl, so I like the whole 'country-horses-grazing-in-the-meadow' living.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: January 13, 2006
Poll
Have you ever experienced bullying?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.