New Cambridge students October 2005: let's get to know each other!

Watch
Charlottie
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
The Wendies won't go up. I've been telling myself over and over again. They won't go up becuase they're too inconsistent, Tramere will go up. Please. Or someone else. I can't sleep.
Simone de Beauv
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
Corpus Won't Let Me Switch Subject
mctcdc0710
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by Simone de Beauv)

awww... did they tell you why?
Simone de Beauv
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
it was a really harsh email with lots of blunt sentences- but it bascily said I cant change now,. I cant change when I get there. I cant change throughout the course. I can either keep my place for 2005 or reaply for 2006(NO WAY i'd reapply)
minimo
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
That's terribly harsh, oh well chin up, at least you'll be at Cambridge and maybe can pursue your History of Art interests in your spare time by joining a society
Wasp39
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by beeblebrox87)
For me it's 14 hours by plane, and it's literally impossible to get there any other way. No idea how I'll get everything there, I guess I'll just have to stuff as much as I can into suitcases and buy anything I couldn't bring when I get there.
After a year you'll be rowing there :rolleyes:
JHutcher
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
sorry for you. But the repplies are right... there is always the society... come joint he law society or something.
Simone de Beauv
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
arg! its been law that's got me into all this lol - I was gona apply for law to be the "perfect person" my parents wanted me to be, though id compromise with SPS... Oh well- 1 want to be an actress, so I guess I can be a politically balanced actress!
JHutcher
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
arg! its been law that's got me into all this lol - I was gona apply for law to be the "perfect person" my parents wanted me to be, though id compromise with SPS... Oh well- 1 want to be an actress, so I guess I can be a politically balanced actress!
lol i wish my parents wanted me to do something, it might be easier that way. Its not that they don't care but they love me regardless... which is annoying because it feels as if they don't care.

I am quite looking forward to a career as a government ***** of some description or another.
xx_ambellina_xx
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
my parents wanted me to go to bristol or cardiff and do medicine. as did my physics teacher, my chemistry teacher...and everyone else.

hehe i'm a disappointment....i'm going to be a lazy history bum instead.
White_redrose
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by xx_ambellina_xx)
my parents wanted me to go to bristol or cardiff and do medicine. as did my physics teacher, my chemistry teacher...and everyone else.

hehe i'm a disappointment....i'm going to be a lazy history bum instead.
^^^^ hehe, what is wrong with that? :p: Hm, I think my parents secretly wanted me to apply for Eng Lit (dad especially) but I don't really think they minded either way, they just want the best for me & for me to be happy. (ahh ) Plus have watched many Starkey videos with my parents and they were very impressed lol - though I know his presenting style isn't for everyone!
xx_ambellina_xx
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
Starkey or Schama, now that is the question.

I'm a Starkey girl, myself.
Simone de Beauv
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
What's a government *****? Im thinking of all the swear word I know but it doesnt really seem to fit- a governemnt b**ch? But you're a guy so that doesnt make sense...Yeah I think I might have to be some kind of law/gov person god, how boring!

I want to act...
JHutcher
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
What's a government *****? Im thinking of all the swear word I know but it doesnt really seem to fit- a governemnt b**ch? But you're a guy so that doesnt make sense...Yeah I think I might have to be some kind of law/gov person god, how boring!

I want to act...
its not boring and the word is the 'WH' word that also means prostitute
Simone de Beauv
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
Ahh know I know the word.. :p:

I had all these dreams of being a human rights lawyer, travelling all over the word to free people from oppression and suffering, and half of my offers are for law...but then don't know whether that's just a far-fetched dream. I do NOT want to be stuck working in an office for the rest of my life, worrying about whether WHSmith has sold out of postits and blutack...
JHutcher
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
Ahh know I know the word.. :p:

I had all these dreams of being a human rights lawyer, travelling all over the word to free people from oppression and suffering, and half of my offers are for law...but then don't know whether that's just a far-fetched dream. I do NOT want to be stuck working in an office for the rest of my life, worrying about whether WHSmith has sold out of postits and blutack...
well have you thought about a career in the foriegn office or diplomatic services... certainly two things that seem as if they could be fun.
Simone de Beauv
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
i err dont know what they are... I am so not going to cope with SPS!

germaine greer would kill me, but sometimes I think I'd just like to be some kind of high-class mistress to a dashing mr darcy-esque gentleman, and then he would fall in love with me and I'd live hapily ever after...
JHutcher
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
i err dont know what they are... I am so not going to cope with SPS!

germaine greer would kill me, but sometimes I think I'd just like to be some kind of high-class mistress to a dashing mr darcy-esque gentleman, and then he would fall in love with me and I'd live hapily ever after...
I wouldn't mind being a kept woman... but i am a man so i have to do the keeping. Jane Austen like existence does sound extrememly attractive. I have already decided for the country so all i need to do now is refine my aloof persona and i'll be the perfect austen male
JHutcher
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
minus the handsom physique
Simone de Beauv
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
Are you not a londoner at heart? Im a country girl, so I like the whole 'country-horses-grazing-in-the-meadow' living.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Did you get the SQA results you wanted today?

Yes- I did even better than I hoped! (18)
21.95%
Yes- I got what I was hoping for (18)
21.95%
No- my results weren't as good as I'd hoped (46)
56.1%

Watched Threads