The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

I never understood why people would burn their bras. Surely there were better ways to express the need for women's rights? Let's burn my bra, invite gravity to do its work on my tits, make myself look a saggy ho. Bras cost a lot, y'know?
Charlottie
I never understood why people would burn their bras. Surely there were better ways to express the need for women's rights? Let's burn my bra, invite gravity to do its work on my tits, make myself look a saggy ho. Bras cost a lot, y'know?

:rofl:
JHutcher
Sheltered is ok to an extent... i think i've seen more than i wanted to

I think I am cracking up - it took me about five minutes to make sense of this sentence by realising you weren't talking about "Shetland" :rolleyes:

I was my 18th on Thursday - I am still surfing the sugar high from my *5* birthday cakes. :biggrin:
Reply 1663
Charlottie

I didn't :rolleyes:

Apparantly the lack of gravity in space causes problems for female astronauts. Apparantly their male counterparts get distracted.... :wink:
JHutcher
I wouldn't worry literature is a distinctly female domain... 3 boys in a group of 13 in my school. But i am beginning to hate it.

there's 1 in our group of 20-ish. i think sometimes the mainschoolers who are chucked into our class as punishment are quite surprised by the number of times we deem a poem to be "just about sex, really."
Camford
PATCH v0.1: Someone in my college (QE) is in Pembroke doing History. Someone from Beauchamp in Oadby is doing Engineering in Pembroke. There are actually more than 1 from Leicester already in Pembroke. We are the Pemguins from Leicester.

sorry for dragging this up again (from some 80 pages ago).
i know a few people from beauchamp (and QE); inc. someone who used to teach there. my mum taught at the high school that feeds into it for a long time.
i'm at robert smyth, in the wilds of s. leicestershire (mkt. harborough).

love the title "pemguin" by the way :biggrin:
Pemguin isn't my invention. Pemguin's credit goes to Wombat, who's also a Pemguin.
fire-faery
there's 1 in our group of 20-ish. i think sometimes the mainschoolers who are chucked into our class as punishment are quite surprised by the number of times we deem a poem to be "just about sex, really."

Poetry - sex and death. The best stuff, of course, has both :wink:

hmm.... I am the only person studying poetry for AH at my school and I spent all last week half uncomfortable, half enraptured as my young, male English teacher declaimed metaphysical love poetry to me in an otherwise empty classroom. :eek: He reads it very well - almost too well - and he reads me EVERYTHING! The scary moment came when he read one of my essays and announced "You were made for poetry, Alice!"
platinumki

hmm.... I am the only person studying poetry for AH at my school and I spent all last week half uncomfortable, half enraptured as my young, male English teacher declaimed metaphysical love poetry to me in an otherwise empty classroom. :eek: He reads it very well - almost too well - and he reads me EVERYTHING! The scary moment came when he read one of my essays and announced "You were made for poetry, Alice!"

backs to the wall and screams blue murder... teachers ought to knoe there place lol
Reply 1669
platinumki

Hehehe! An English teacher in our school used to make naughty pupils read love poetry in the English staffroom during lunch hours instead of normal detentions :smile:
oh, that's inspired - I almost want to become a teacher just to abuse the naughty boys.

Ewwww!! My father just asked me not to leave my room. "Why?" I enquired, innocently. "I am posing in my new Y-fronts for Mum," came the reply.

God, no wonder I am ****ed up. :frown:
I think the Y-front bit would have disturbed me. Never mind posing for your mum. Y-fronts, ew.
Reply 1672
platinumki
oh, that's inspired - I almost want to become a teacher just to abuse the naughty boys.

Ewwww!! My father just asked me not to leave my room. "Why?" I enquired, innocently. "I am posing in my new Y-fronts for Mum," came the reply.

God, no wonder I am ****ed up. :frown:

sorry...I just can't help but laugh:frown:
visesh

sorry...I just can't help but laugh:frown:

Shall I ask what a Y-front is?
tighty-whiteys - underwear that forms a cloth Y-shape around... God, no, I just can't do it...
platinumki
tighty-whiteys - underwear that forms a cloth Y-shape around... God, no, I just can't do it...

First willa ruined my dinner with some java... now it's ruined by this thing you started... This must have been the worst dinner for me ever!!:bawling:
Reply 1676
fire-faery

this Y9 girl used to get dumped in our A level maths classes most weeks. i think she was slightly confused.
crana9
this Y9 girl used to get dumped in our A level maths classes most weeks. i think she was slightly confused.

didn't you people have a little room that they could be sent to... we have a windowless store cupboard called seclusion... oh the fun!

20 is a large group for A2... not many in my school doing english but there is a largish sixth-form of about 300 (upper and lower)
no, no - doesn't it make more sense to remove disruptive pupils from their own class and place them with a certificate class, so that they can cause the most disruption!? :rolleyes:

Ha - who cares.... 7 days left.
1 exam down 13 to go... but it feels so good... nearly done with math and think i'm gonna make my 1st of the 5 conditions with not as much trouble as what i thought! :smile: