Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Simone de Beauv)
    i think i only need D's to get A s agian, but im super competitive and my school is putitng a lot of pressure on me- and umm I want prizes at prize day (shallow shallow girl...)
    money prizes?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fire-faery)
    me too
    french speaking soon though, i might end up taking a little more than the 2hrs allowed exam leave in term time :eek:
    you are kidding!?

well, I've half-stopped going to school. They seem glad to be shot of us, too.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by platinumki)
    money prizes?
    My school still owes me money:mad:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by visesh)
    My school still owes me money:mad:
    pray share....

hehehe - still haven't paid UCAS fee, suckers!!!! They sent everyone out a letter saying that the school would not pay our UCAS fee this year and that the school would not handle our application until the fee was recieved. But, they only sent it out AFTER 15th October. No one said I had to pay the fee.

ReputationRep:
    We dont really get money prizes (although our 'brother' all-boys school does :mad: )- it would just be trophies, shields, book tokens- but it depnds on the prize and the benefactress person who donates the money each year!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by French Pikachu)
    higher, methods or studies?
    Higher (and further, but those aren't until the 23rd and 24th, after our graduation ). You?

ReputationRep:
    I wouldn't mind the school award... otherwise its all certificates and there no good for anything unless your taken short in an inconvenient convenience.

ReputationRep:
    YOU GET THE HONOUR OF BEING A RESPECTED AND WONDERFUL MEMBER OF THE SCHOOL COMMUNITY! :rolleyes: (and make the school look good for getting people into the high and mighty oxbridge...)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by platinumki)
    pray share....

hehehe - still haven't paid UCAS fee, suckers!!!! They sent everyone out a letter saying that the school would not pay our UCAS fee this year and that the school would not handle our application until the fee was recieved. But, they only sent it out AFTER 15th October. No one said I had to pay the fee.
    Lucky bugger...:mad:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Camford)
    It was only £15

but nevertheless

ReputationRep:
    We get prizes of money, which can be good. However, I’m still mad with my school over last years prize day. I won the £20 GCSE prize for the highest grades, shared with another girl and was dead set for the modern foreign languages prize; I had 100% in Spanish (the only A* in the class, largely because the teacher was crap and so I got a tutor, but they didn’t know that) and an A* in French. I was the only person to take both and get A*s in both, and so I was told, the person with the highest marks will get the £50 prize. They then decided that Spanish alone would award the prize. Spanish then said, you took French at A-level instead of Spanish, we are insulted. They gave the prize to someone with an A. ARGH!

Never mind though, this year I got a £20 prize for doing nothing. Well, for being a deputy head girl. They give us free meals for that, too, and I don’t do anything except wear a shiny badge and attend committee meetings with the head teacher.

ReputationRep:
    I'm deputy head girl too but no money, or free food for me.:mad:

At my school, we get approximately 15 pounds per subject prize so one year I ended up with eighty pounds wooo

The downside was that it was 80 pounds worth of book tokens :mad:...so i errrr now have lots of study guides for GCSE...which means that they are outterly worthless (they wern't for Amazon...just a local bookshop, so i couldn't get anything cool)

ReputationRep:
    I don't even know what deputy head girl is. Stop complaining you posh gits :p:.

ReputationRep:
    lol we have head and deputy head boys and girls.

ReputationRep:
    I don't even know what deputy head girl is. Stop complaining you posh gits :p:.
    It's an excuse for the head teacher to pretend we're not a shoddy high school from South Yorkshire but are actually posh. It's also an excuse for him to take 23 of us (yes, that's right, we have many deputies) out to dinner next Monday night. Can't complain.

ReputationRep:
    I don't even know what deputy head
    girl is. Stop complaining you posh gits :p:.
    I am not a git...we are not posh

ReputationRep:
    23 deputies?!! My school has 4 and I thought that was a lot!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by minimo)
    I am not a git...we are not posh
    Anyone who's not been studying in one of those "special measure" city schools is a "posh git" :mad:.

ReputationRep:
    Camfo, give it a rest :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by minimo)
    23 deputies?!! My school has 4 and I thought that was a lot!
    No, 21 deputies, 23 altogether. See, our school usually has head girl, head boy, and the deputies (about 6) this year they decided we were too good apparently, so they split it into head girl and boy, head deputy girl and boy, and then 20 deputies. One left.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: January 13, 2006
Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.