New Cambridge students October 2005: let's get to know each other! Watch

jd27
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by Simone de Beauv)
both of the classics teachers in my school went to cambridge- said it's brilliant there for classics.
So did my ex
emilie87
Report 14 years ago
Hi!

Emmanuel, French and Spanish- but deferred until 2006...

xxx
French Pikachu
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 14 years ago
(Original post by beeblebrox87)
X = French B. I also take History SL, but as an extra certificate so it doesn't count towards my offer. That's why I still have 13 exams left and you only have 11, though.

I did the prose as well. I found more to write about than I usually do, but as a result I had less time and my response therefore wasn't as well structured or written as it usually is. So I too expect to get high 5 or low 6, which is what I usually get in English (my worst subject too). Had a 6 on my orals and coursework, though, so if I do okay on paper 2 (*shudder*) I'll still manage a 6 overall.

Do you do these same sorts of commentaries in French A1? Must be awful if you have to do two exams like this.

Yeps I do exactly the same in french... I hated at first but now I dotn mind coz I have teh most amzing teacher, she's a litterature teacher at uni, and she makes everythign seeem so easy! I got perfect score on my formal oral , very high score on the informal one and good grade on coursework + she makes commentary appear so easy that i generally get a 7 but im really worried abotu essay coz she was sick for a long time so we never got to practice! :eek: but she explained everyhitng so i'll just keep my finger cross... Well good luck for monday! I want an easy question!
beeblebrox87
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
4 down, 12 to go. How was your exam FrenchPikachu?
French Pikachu
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 14 years ago
(Original post by beeblebrox87)
4 down, 12 to go. How was your exam FrenchPikachu?
hmm not too sure really guess 5/6... not too satisifed, i did the 5 a) about love... I have a feeling in the end I'll be a few points of a 6 and get a high 5
t_muir11
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
I'm a new member. In fact, I only even saw this site through google. I'll be studying English at St. Johns, God willing. Is anyone else out there planning on doing the same. I would have read through all the past ones but, my god, there's millions. Also, if anyone has any titbits of info regarding Iago's motivations, I'd be more than willing to listen.
visesh
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Hey Tom, check this out

Vanessa has been keeping a good record of what who is going to do what and where.
~Raphael~
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by t_muir11)
I'm a new member. In fact, I only even saw this site through google. I'll be studying English at St. Johns, God willing. Is anyone else out there planning on doing the same. I would have read through all the past ones but, my god, there's millions. Also, if anyone has any titbits of info regarding Iago's motivations, I'd be more than willing to listen.
There is a Classics guy who is at John's!

Don't get me started on Othello :p:
minimo
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
woo Raph's got lots more rep!!
Wasp39
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by t_muir11)
Hi. I think everyone here 'only saw this site through google' - the problem is we never left!! :eek: . Unfortunately, I am not planning to go to St. John's to study English (Clare, Engineering), but I would be more than happy to discuss Iago's motivations with you if you don't mind listing to a complete load of unadultarated drivel. Alternatively you could have a look at this site that I found when I searched Google to find out who the bloody hell Iago was :rolleyes:
Anyway, welcome and if you could post a nice interesting post about yourself, that would just make my evening
Wasp39
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by minimo)
You could always rep me. I only have 20 - or rep Zarathustra because she's the only person to have repped me *sniffle*
beeblebrox87
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by French Pikachu)
hmm not too sure really guess 5/6... not too satisifed, i did the 5 a) about love... I have a feeling in the end I'll be a few points of a 6 and get a high 5
Yeah same here, 5/6 I guess... I did 5a as well, glad I'm not the only one. Probably shouldn't talk about it since they haven't started in Hawaii yet (or hadn't when you posted).

Dreading history tomorrow.
~Raphael~
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by minimo)
lol I know, I've been a good boy
visesh
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by ~Raphael~)
lol I know, I've been a good boy
more like a man wh0re:p:
~Raphael~
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by visesh)
Look, I don't think there's anything wrong in exchanging artfully nude pictures of myself for cold hard rep
visesh
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by ~Raphael~)
Look, I don't think there's anything wrong in exchanging artfully nude pictures of myself for cold hard rep
It sure worked for others...

(check your UserCP woman!!)
mctcdc0710
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by visesh)
gave u a rep for that :p:
t_muir11
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by PhilipGarsed)
Hi. I think everyone here 'only saw this site through google' - the problem is we never left!! :eek: . Unfortunately, I am not planning to go to St. John's to study English (Clare, Engineering), but I would be more than happy to discuss Iago's motivations with you if you don't mind listing to a complete load of unadultarated drivel. Alternatively you could have a look at this site that I found when I searched Google to find out who the bloody hell Iago was :rolleyes:
Anyway, welcome and if you could post a nice interesting post about yourself, that would just make my evening
Well, not that much to tell really. I'm from Manchester, but don't hold that against me. Hopefully this time next year I'll be down in good old Cambridge, assuming the coming exams aren't the disasters my mocks seem to have foretold. I do chemistry, history and english. I love music, specifically rock with a particular penchant for Hoobastank, The Ataris and Counting Crows(although granted not esspecially rocky). I'm not a huge sports fan but am open to persuasion and am addicted to TV, much like any other of our age bracket. Thats about it really. I do so hope your night has been successfully made.
visesh
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by Michael Mourao)
lol just noticed:p:

thanks (i think:s: )
~Raphael~
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by Michael Mourao)
lol I didn't really do anything undignified, I was just funny :p: :rolleyes:
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of Cambridge
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Thu, 2 Jul '20
  • University of Cambridge
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 3 Jul '20

Would you turn to a teacher if you were being bullied?

Yes (36)
25.71%
No (104)
74.29%

Watched Threads