New Cambridge students October 2005: let's get to know each other! Watch

beeblebrox87
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by French Pikachu)
I hate bio!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :bawling: that was the worst paper ever! :bawling: and tomorrow is gonna be even worse! :bawling:
*hug* I'm sure you'll be fine. Good luck on bio paper 3!

History here was unpleasant but it could have been worse. Just glad I'm done with it .
thistlerose
Report 14 years ago
good luck!!! - *is so glad is now on gap year* -

dont worry...even if things go a bit pear-shaped with the results cambridge are often willing to negotiate...

I ended up with ABC in my results last year, instead of required AAA...Tit Hall rejected me...but my results were later upgraded to AAB and i got into peterhouse - everything works out in the end
JHutcher
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
thats what i need AAB so i think if i miss that i really have no hope ofgetting in.
French Pikachu
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 14 years ago
Aww thank you very much everyone for ur support! I read all ur nice messages this morning just before going for my final bio exam and it cheered me up and i did good so i feel better I actually feel really good now, no more bio for the rest of my life!!!!!!!!!!!!!
:party:

Iris what happens in IB is that u get a the equivalent of a whole day of exams on one subject, so yesterday afternoon i had my paper 1 and paper 2 of bio (paper 2 is the one that went bad and that's why i was upset) and this morning i had paper 3...

So anyway 7 exams down and 7 to go! Spanish tomorrow...
Finnish guy
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by irisng)
Out of interest, seeing as the Bible never said baptism is required to be saved, rather it is "whoever believes", and "by God's Grace" and "by Jesus' death on the cross" that we're saved - why would you believe without baptism, one's soul is not saved?

And with the - is it the Quakers? - seeing as God's forgiven you by Grace, why would you tremble with fear? God is gentle. You should be in awe of Him - you should fear Him in that sense - not actually be scared of Him - He's your Father in Heaven.
Well, look at Mark 16:16: 'Whoever believes and is baptized will be saved, but whoever does not believe will be condemned'
According to the Lutheran confession, here based on the simple verse above, both are vital but, of course, baptism alone without faith does not save. But we believe one can never lose one's baptism unlike one's faith - so if e.g. a person who is baptised as an infant never becomes a 'real' believer until some later date in their life, it is as if they return to the mercy of God given to them (by God, i.e. we consider baptism a deed of God) in their baptism.
Oh, and John 3:5: 'Truly, truly, I say to you, unless one is born of water and the Spirit, he cannot enter the kingdom of God.'
How do you see these verses, exactly?
platinumki
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
well, that's it. I am no longer a school girl. :party:

Actually, I suppose it is a bit sad, but not much - my best friend and I hung around long enough to get the Year Book and then buggered off to Wetherspoons for luch and gin. Anyway, this is a 'get to know you' thread, so here is my year book profile

Well. How could we describe Alice? Alice is one of the most eccentric teenagers ever! A champion petanque player and extremely well qualified flute player - Alice has a range of unique pastimes. In fact, Alice could be a professional anything - astronaut, musician, Nobel Prize winning scientist, politician - as her talents are endless and so diverse. Instead, Alice has decided to become a Cambridge! qualified vet and is destined to spend the rest of her life with her hand up a cow's backside!

Our school Dux Alice is very friendly, crazy, funny and admired/ feared by everyone. OUr very own hairy, scary eccentric will always have a special place in our hearts.
I appologise for the poor grammar and cloying sweetness, but now your know

Good bye school....

*Bathgate Power salute*
crana9
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
may i suggest you invest in some razors and/or a haircut before freshers week?
platinumki
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
soon, you will come to love the hairyness!
t_muir11
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by beeblebrox87)
*hug* I'm sure you'll be fine. Good luck on bio paper 3!

History here was unpleasant but it could have been worse. Just glad I'm done with it .
You've had some of your exams already? Wow, there's me still under the delusion that they were ages off. What syllabus do you do for history, if you don't mind my asking? I'm doing history too but ours isn't until mid-June. At least I hope it isn't lol.
minimo
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
He does IB .
Simone de Beauv
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
History of Art, paper one over....happy, happy.

(goes off to throw up after consuming too much caffeine)
beeblebrox87
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by t_muir11)
You've had some of your exams already? Wow, there's me still under the delusion that they were ages off. What syllabus do you do for history, if you don't mind my asking? I'm doing history too but ours isn't until mid-June. At least I hope it isn't lol.
I do IB, as minimo said. Six exams down (maths, english, history) and 10 to go (french, economics, physics, further maths). I'll have all my exams done by May 24, and over a month to revise/stress for STEP.
xyro
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
ooh STEP, we´re in the same boat then. Good luck!
mctcdc0710
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by beeblebrox87)
I do IB, as minimo said. Six exams down (maths, english, history) and 10 to go (french, economics, physics, further maths). I'll have all my exams done by May 24, and over a month to revise/stress for STEP.
I'll have about 5 days :bawling:

foking Stats!
Wasp39
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
French Pikachu: Did you survive Spanish?

Platinumki: How was English

I know you'll both have done brilliantly!
French Pikachu
Rep:
?
(Original post by PhilipGarsed)
French Pikachu: Did you survive Spanish?

Platinumki: How was English

I know you'll both have done brilliantly!
I screwed some part of it due to a lack of time but i did a part amazingly well... anyway I'm a rather terrible judge and my grades are always a surprise in either way (higher or lower than expected) but I think I will make my offer, it's I wont get as high grades as what i wnated for my personnal pride :p:

Oki now I have 5 papers left, french on tuseday afternnon and wenesday morning and then economics on wenesday afternoon and thursday morning and then freedom!!!!!!! I cannot imagine what it's gotta be like! And then I got a confirmation thzt I'm finally going to work in a marketing society for 2 months this summer in Los Angeles! I'm so hyper !
platinumki
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
English.... hmmm... not great. I really wanted to write an essay on Donne and the metaphysicals, but the question didn't fit, so I had to do Tennessee Williams whom I loathe. Nevertheless, the essay wasn't awful and theoretically I could have failed the exam and still comfortably got an A as 70% of the mark is decided on a dissertation and a folio of creative writing.

Biology on Wednesday.... oh dear, an exam that actually matters :p: I just did a past paper and got 84% though - easily an A.
platinumki
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
and thank you for asking!
French Pikachu
Rep:
?
(Original post by platinumki)
English.... hmmm... not great. I really wanted to write an essay on Donne and the metaphysicals, but the question didn't fit, so I had to do Tennessee Williams whom I loathe. Nevertheless, the essay wasn't awful and theoretically I could have failed the exam and still comfortably got an A as 70% of the mark is decided on a dissertation and a folio of creative writing.

Biology on Wednesday.... oh dear, an exam that actually matters :p: I just did a past paper and got 84% though - easily an A.
Streetcar?
platinumki
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by French Pikachu)
Streetcar?
and the Glass Menagerie

dramatic tension/ failure of dreams/ escape into fantasy/ the world's most wanky stage directions blah, blah, blah
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of Cambridge
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Thu, 2 Jul '20
  • University of Cambridge
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 3 Jul '20

Have you made up your mind on your five uni choices?

Yes I know where I'm applying (116)
66.29%
No I haven't decided yet (35)
20%
Yes but I might change my mind (24)
13.71%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed