Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I got a letter this morning to check my progress though their online system to see where they are up2 on my application!
    have you got this aswell?
    when you check and see that it has gone to the department and it stays there for ages ie doesnt move onto the college box does it mean they don't know whether to have you
    and if it stays on the college box but then doesnt tell you a decision does it mean you are rejected!
    i was just wondering!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kat)
    I got a letter this morning to check my progress though their online system to see where they are up2 on my application!
    have you got this aswell?
    when you check and see that it has gone to the department and it stays there for ages ie doesnt move onto the college box does it mean they don't know whether to have you
    and if it stays on the college box but then doesnt tell you a decision does it mean you are rejected!
    i was just wondering!
    Got a letter from durham a few weeks ago saying exaactly the same thing. Tracked it online and it said that my application was being considered by the college. I would have thought that this is good as the department wants to give you an offer you will probably get one from the college, as long as it isn't too oversubscribed. If it doesn't move onto the college box they will still be considering but this may just be due to the popularity of the course or the slow workings of the admissions procedure.

ReputationRep:
    Haven't received a letter yet

ReputationRep:
    Neither have I...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sarco)
    Got a letter from durham a few weeks ago saying exaactly the same thing. Tracked it online and it said that my application was being considered by the college. I would have thought that this is good as the department wants to give you an offer you will probably get one from the college, as long as it isn't too oversubscribed. If it doesn't move onto the college box they will still be considering but this may just be due to the popularity of the course or the slow workings of the admissions procedure.
    What is your course Kat and (hence) do you have any idea how popular it is?? Also what college did you apply to (collingwood, for example is VERY popular)?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by muffe)
    Haven't received a letter yet
    Same here, i've only got letters from 2 unis

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by theone)
    Same here, i've only got letters from 2 unis
    I haven't got any....

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kildare)
    I haven't got any....
    Me neither

ReputationRep:
    Kat, when did u apply? you've got me really worried i've not heard a peep from durham!!

dee xx

ReputationRep:
    Durham said they recieved my application on the 15th October
    ive applied to do music at University college which i have been told is a very very popular college!

ReputationRep:
    i havent had such a letter yet, and UCAS got my app 13th oct or something? :confused:

ReputationRep:
    yep i think ucas got mine on october 8th or something but then when i got this letter from durham it said it was 15th october!
    so i don't know - very confusing!

ReputationRep:
    Still havn't heard from them

But they finally sent me a prospectus! I've been keeping it by my bed to stare at before I go to sleep (I know, it's sad). I so want to get into University College, and the ratio of applicants to offers was 14.4 last year, according to the prospectus. Hopefully, no one has heard that they've started PPE there, so there won't be too much competition

ReputationRep:
    yeah me too, i want to go to university college!
    but people said you had to apply early if you want to get in there, i thought that early was by the ucas deadline, is that early enough?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kat)
    yeah me too, i want to go to university college!
    but people said you had to apply early if you want to get in there, i thought that early was by the ucas deadline, is that early enough?
    No early IS NOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!! Dont leave it to the last moment, because they offer places to students on a firrst come first serve basis. Getting it off sooner means a higher chance of getting an offer! GO GO GO!!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bhaal85)
    No early IS NOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!! Dont leave it to the last moment, because they offer places to students on a firrst come first serve basis. Getting it off sooner means a higher chance of getting an offer! GO GO GO!!!
    Mine reached UCAS by the 9th of this month. Is that early enough?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bhaal85)
    lol if you read the previous posts i think they got her app on the 15th. i want to go to uni college too so i can live in a castle, next to a cathedral

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by edders)
    lol if you read the previous posts i think they got her app on the 15th. i want to go to uni college too so i can live in a castle, next to a cathedral
    Yeh I applied there! woo woo

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ralfskini)
    Mine reached UCAS by the 9th of this month. Is that early enough?
    Yeah, should be OK. Deadline for Oxbridge is 15th of this month. Your fine, dont panic.

ReputationRep:
    oh no sorry, im stupid i meant by oxbridge deadline!
    was that early enough?

Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.