Liverpool and back on a tenner - What to do Watch

This discussion is closed.
AT82
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 14 years ago
Going to Liverpool tomorrow with my mate, but it costs £8 return on the train which leaves £2 to spend in Liverpool has anybody got any suggestions on what to do when we get there? I know there is the ST Johns centre, the shops around it and Albert Docks but what else there in the central area? Everything has to be in walking distance of Lime Street.

Just to the scouers don't confuse me as being a liverpudlian I shall be wearing my suite, this way they well welcome their fellow manc visitors with open arms. We promose not mention Rooney.
saiyamanadingdongbanana
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by amazingtrade)
Going to Liverpool tomorrow with my mate, but it costs £8 return on the train which leaves £2 to spend in Liverpool has anybody got any suggestions on what to do when we get there? I know there is the ST Johns centre, the shops around it and Albert Docks but what else there in the central area? Everything has to be in walking distance of Lime Street.

Just to the scouers don't confuse me as being a liverpudlian I shall be wearing my suite, this way they well welcome their fellow manc visitors with open arms. We promose not mention Rooney.

Take the ferry across to Wallasey an ave a game of footie with me
AngelofnoColour
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
take more money.
You cant survive on £2.
AngelofnoColour
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Oh by the way, does the train from Victoria go to Lime Street in Liverpool?
Just wondering.
frost105
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Albert dock has some good museums and the tate but a 15 min walk form Lime street
You could do the ferry
St Johns has all the cheapy shops in it, good foe shoes and stuff
Matthew street has some alrite bars but a bit more expensive than concert square as its touristy
Concert square has loads of bars and walkabout does cheap and good meals.
St Georges and big museum next to it are good and look really pretty
Makavelli_07
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
You want to spend a day out on £2?
python05
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Take £20!
frost105
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by BlueAngel)
Oh by the way, does the train from Victoria go to Lime Street in Liverpool?
Just wondering.
All trains from manc go to lime street
Ziggy Stardust
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
If you fancy going for a nice quiet nap, perhaps someone where the atmosphere is a little more subdued, I heard Liverpool FC tickets are pretty easy to get your hands on.
AT82
Rep:
?
(Original post by BlueAngel)
take more money.
You cant survive on £2.
Got less than £100 in the bank, can't even afford to go to Liverpool, I would walk it but have too much work to do its only 29 miles from where I live. Will take a pack lunnch and some coppers, I understand most shops still accept coppers in Liverpool. I have 200 1ps waiting to go the bank so I can use then in Hampons (or Sayers as they call it over there).
frost105
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Unfortunatly leaves you with walking around and getting bored and tired.
Ziggy Stardust
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Yeah - just don't bother going!
Makavelli_07
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
I would walk it but have too much work to do its only 29 miles from where I live.
You would walk 29 miles there and 29 miles back? You're crazy.
Zapsta
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Find a genie to turn the ten pound note into a magic carpet.
Natalie Lane
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
invite someone with money to go with you (got any rich friends?)
AT82
Rep:
?
(Original post by Makavelli_07)
You would walk 29 miles there and 29 miles back? You're crazy.
I will take £15 out with me, if you're not going to resturants or going out clubbing or to pubs what do you need money for?

Liverpool is only 45 mins on the train from me.

60 miles is nothing, ok I would be tired but I can do it, I've walked 30 miles in one day once and it wasn't too bad at all, ok I slept like a log and I was aching but it was fun.
Ziggy Stardust
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
I will take £15 out with me, if you're not going to resturants or going out clubbing or to pubs what do you need money for?

60 miles is nothing, ok I would be tired but I can do it, I've walked 30 miles in one day once and it wasn't too bad at all, ok I slept like a log and I was aching but it was fun.
If you've got no money, what the heck do you plan to do? Unless you like scenery..
python05
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Futhest I've walked is 15km in one night.

Amazingtrade: So that means you've got £7, should that be enough for a drink and whatever else you find?
lgs98jonee
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago

you serious? 30 miles.....no way
frost105
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago

To be honest I love Liverpool but there aint a lot to see. The only really touristy bit is albert dock and matthew street.
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Would you turn to a teacher if you were being bullied?

Yes (31)
25%
No (93)
75%

Watched Threads