Liverpool and back on a tenner - What to do Watch

This discussion is closed.
Makavelli_07
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by amazingtrade)
I will take £15 out with me, if you're not going to resturants or going out clubbing or to pubs what do you need money for?

Liverpool is only 45 mins on the train from me.

60 miles is nothing, ok I would be tired but I can do it, I've walked 30 miles in one day once and it wasn't too bad at all, ok I slept like a log and I was aching but it was fun.

If you walked 30 miles and found that tough, then do you not think that walking 60 miles would be a little unpractical?

I know i wouldn't walk that far.

If your not planning on eating or drinking all day then you might survive on the change from your train ticket. If you are looking at a meal and a drink here and there then your money won't last long.

If you haven't got the money can you not give it a miss? What about one of your friends driving there?
AT82
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 14 years ago
(Original post by afireinside©)
If you've got no money, what the heck do you plan to do? Unless you like scenery..
Thats all I am going for to soak in to the culture and vibe, even when I am in Europe the only thing I spent money on is travel and alchohol, food dosn't cost that much.
Ziggy Stardust
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Thats all I am going for to soak in to the culture and vibe, even when I am in Europe the only thing I spent money on is travel and alchohol, food dosn't cost that much.
In my opinion Liverpool isn't a particularly nice city, there's only one nice part to it..

ps. ur avatar reminds me of the old Commodore logo :eek:
frost105
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Mmmmm we dont really have much of a culture.....except getting pissed and music (apparently) Though the disc wall with atomic kittens no 1's on it is good for a laugh.
The best time to go to lierpool is on Matthew street festival weekend. Its amazing!
AT82
Rep:
?
(Original post by afireinside©)
In my opinion Liverpool isn't a particularly nice city, there's only one nice part to it..

ps. ur avatar reminds me of the old Commodore logo :eek:
I wonder if that is because it is a commodore logo I edited in photoshop? :p:

PS Its some where to go to, it was a choice out of Liverpool or Stockport.
frost105
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago

Chester is prettier to look out, though the scallies are worse.
AT82
Rep:
?
(Original post by frost105)
Chester is prettier to look out, though the scallies are worse.
Yeah been there before, its a nice city, its much further than Liverpool though and costs more to get to by train, the city itself is also more expensive.
frost105
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Yeah been there before, its a nice city, its much further than Liverpool though and costs more to get to by train, the city itself is also more expensive.
Its not that much more expensive than liverpool these days.
Ziggy Stardust
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago

Leg end! :cool: if you are going to Liverpool city be sure to throw something at the official Liverpool FC shop. A stone, for example.
ThePants999
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Just to the scouers don't confuse me as being a liverpudlian I shall be wearing my suite
You're wearing a sofa?
AT82
Rep:
?
In light of ever piling up work load I will suggest we go to Salford Quays instead, if I go to Liverpool I won't get there till 1:00.
ThePenguinMafia
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by Zapsta)
Find a genie to turn the ten pound note into a magic carpet.
then sell it on e-bay
ThePenguinMafia
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Liverpool's cool though. The museums, sites etc don't cost anything, and the shops are so crap that you won't have any temptation to spend money you don't have. It's a perfect solution.
AT82
Rep:
?
(Original post by ThePenguinMafia)
Liverpool's cool though. The museums, sites etc don't cost anything, and the shops are so crap that you won't have any temptation to spend money you don't have. It's a perfect solution.
I'll go when I have more time, probably just end up going to the trafford centre now, its free and I don't intend to buy anything. I will go to Liverpool in the summer, its better in the summer, but it will be freazing on Albert Docks at the moment.

In reality buy the time you wait for a train and stuff it takes an hour to get there and thats before I get the bus into town to go the station, then you have to spend two or three hours there, just don't have the time.

Will be spending less than half an hour in the trafford centre and its just 25 mins on the bus.
ThePenguinMafia
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
What irony. I was supposed to go to the trafford centre today, but didn't have time, and so I'll probably end up shopping in Liverpool. Perhaps chester would be a better option though.
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you made up your mind on your five uni choices?

Yes I know where I'm applying (158)
59.18%
No I haven't decided yet (63)
23.6%
Yes but I might change my mind (46)
17.23%

Watched Threads