Selbys, Hampsons, Warburton's

Watch
This discussion is closed.
AT82
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 15 years ago
Do southerners have any of these brands? They are all owned a Bolton based company. Just wondered if you could pop into a waitrose and by a loaf of Warburton's. Up here its the most popular type of bread.
blissy
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
Never heard of them
AT82
Rep:
?
(Original post by blissy)
Never heard of them
Not even Warburton's Breadf? :confused: Its huge up here, they have TV adverts and everything

http://www.warburtons.co.uk/index_flash.html
Butterfly
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
They don't ring any bells, no.
LostRiot
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
warbuton's bread is the nicest ever it's in every supermarket, never heard of the other two though,
Mad_Monkey59
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
I ate Warburtons all the time at uni in Manchester, I never noticed it till i went back to Essex at Chritmas and found it in Tesco.

Yeah maybe they just decided to move it to Essex and London recently.
blissy
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by amazingtrade)
Not even Warburton's Breadf? :confused: Its huge up here, they have TV adverts and everything

http://www.warburtons.co.uk/index_flash.html
Nope. I hardly watch telly anyway, so wouldn't have seen the adverts if they were on down here.

p.s.all supermarket/prepackaged bread it yuk yuk yuk.
trev
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
I heard of those brands before. I like Warburton's bread. :p:
enigmatic
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
Never heard of them
You've never heard of Warburtons? Not even the toastie one in orange packaging?!
blissy
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
I have never heard of warburton's. I have never seen warburton's. I have never seen an advert for warburton's. I have never tasted warburton's

clear enough everyone? :p:
joesharp
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
You can find Warburton's bread here, but it's not the most popular, there's more shelf space for the likes of Hovis/Kingsmill.
AT82
Rep:
?
I have never heard of warburton's. I have never seen warburton's. I have never seen an advert for warburton's. I have never tasted warburton's

clear enough everyone? :p:
Have you ever seen Two Pints of Crisps and a Packet of Lager? Well the Bakery Janet works in is a Selby's.
blissy
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
Have you ever seen Two Pints of Crisps and a Packet of Lager? Well the Bakery Janet works in is a Selby's.
Yes I saw it once,I didn'tpay much attention to it,let alone the career of one of its characters!
Kalypso
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
Do southerners have any of these brands? They are all owned a Bolton based company. Just wondered if you could pop into a waitrose and by a loaf of Warburton's. Up here its the most popular type of bread.
i've seen warburton's bread, but don't think i've ever bought it. it looks like quite upmarket bread? anyway, no, i just get own brand organic.

why is the one in the orange wrapper especially for toasting? surely you can toast all bread?!
AT82
Rep:
?
(Original post by grey faerie)
i've seen warburton's bread, but don't think i've ever bought it. it looks like quite upmarket bread? anyway, no, i just get own brand organic.

why is the one in the orange wrapper especially for toasting? surely you can toast all bread?!
The orange bread is thicker, so its more suited for toaste, its just medium slized stuff.

Its usualy quite expensive at about 90p a loaf on average, though you can expect to pay £1 in corner shops. The loafs are quite big though. It tastes much nicer than cheap crappy supermarket value stuff.
blissy
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by grey faerie)
shhh don't ruin the illusion.
It's like those mattresses with "miracoils". They'd be springs then wouldn't they?
Juno
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
shhh don't ruin the illusion.
It's like those mattresses with "miracoils". They'd be springs then wouldn't they?
Or the cordless drill with "lithium ion technology", also known as a battery!
AT82
Rep:
?
(Original post by juno_the)
Or the cordless drill with "lithium ion technology", also known as a battery!
Yep but Lithium batteries are much better than older type, they last longer and believe me thats a huge benefit. I know exactly what you mean though.

They are lot of silly anchromins that mean nothing whats so ever.
LH
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
I was shocked when I heard that Southners didn't have Holland's Pies.

And you can't beat hampsons for lunch - two pasties for £1!

A pasty and soup for £1.20!
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What are you most likely to do if you don't get the grades you were expecting?

Go through Clearing (64)
41.29%
Take autumn exams (54)
34.84%
Look for a job (4)
2.58%
Consider an apprenticeship (4)
2.58%
Take a year out (20)
12.9%
Something else (let us know in the thread!) (9)
5.81%

Watched Threads