Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Do southerners have any of these brands? They are all owned a Bolton based company. Just wondered if you could pop into a waitrose and by a loaf of Warburton's. Up here its the most popular type of bread.

ReputationRep:
    Never heard of them

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by blissy)
    Never heard of them
    Not even Warburton's Breadf? :confused: Its huge up here, they have TV adverts and everything

http://www.warburtons.co.uk/index_flash.html

ReputationRep:
    They don't ring any bells, no.

ReputationRep:
    warbuton's bread is the nicest ever it's in every supermarket, never heard of the other two though,

ReputationRep:
    I ate Warburtons all the time at uni in Manchester, I never noticed it till i went back to Essex at Chritmas and found it in Tesco.

Yeah maybe they just decided to move it to Essex and London recently.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by amazingtrade)
    Not even Warburton's Breadf? :confused: Its huge up here, they have TV adverts and everything

http://www.warburtons.co.uk/index_flash.html
    Nope. I hardly watch telly anyway, so wouldn't have seen the adverts if they were on down here.

p.s.all supermarket/prepackaged bread it yuk yuk yuk.

ReputationRep:
    I heard of those brands before. I like Warburton's bread. :p:

ReputationRep:
    Never heard of them
    You've never heard of Warburtons? Not even the toastie one in orange packaging?!

ReputationRep:
    I have never heard of warburton's. I have never seen warburton's. I have never seen an advert for warburton's. I have never tasted warburton's

clear enough everyone? :p:

ReputationRep:
    You can find Warburton's bread here, but it's not the most popular, there's more shelf space for the likes of Hovis/Kingsmill.

ReputationRep:
    I have never heard of warburton's. I have never seen warburton's. I have never seen an advert for warburton's. I have never tasted warburton's

clear enough everyone? :p:
    Have you ever seen Two Pints of Crisps and a Packet of Lager? Well the Bakery Janet works in is a Selby's.

ReputationRep:
    Have you ever seen Two Pints of Crisps and a Packet of Lager? Well the Bakery Janet works in is a Selby's.
    Yes I saw it once,I didn'tpay much attention to it,let alone the career of one of its characters!

ReputationRep:
    Do southerners have any of these brands? They are all owned a Bolton based company. Just wondered if you could pop into a waitrose and by a loaf of Warburton's. Up here its the most popular type of bread.
    i've seen warburton's bread, but don't think i've ever bought it. it looks like quite upmarket bread? anyway, no, i just get own brand organic.

why is the one in the orange wrapper especially for toasting? surely you can toast all bread?!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by grey faerie)
    i've seen warburton's bread, but don't think i've ever bought it. it looks like quite upmarket bread? anyway, no, i just get own brand organic.

why is the one in the orange wrapper especially for toasting? surely you can toast all bread?!
    The orange bread is thicker, so its more suited for toaste, its just medium slized stuff.

Its usualy quite expensive at about 90p a loaf on average, though you can expect to pay £1 in corner shops. The loafs are quite big though. It tastes much nicer than cheap crappy supermarket value stuff.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by grey faerie)
    shhh don't ruin the illusion.
    It's like those mattresses with "miracoils". They'd be springs then wouldn't they?
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    shhh don't ruin the illusion.
    It's like those mattresses with "miracoils". They'd be springs then wouldn't they?
    Or the cordless drill with "lithium ion technology", also known as a battery!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by juno_the)
    Or the cordless drill with "lithium ion technology", also known as a battery!
    Yep but Lithium batteries are much better than older type, they last longer and believe me thats a huge benefit. I know exactly what you mean though.

They are lot of silly anchromins that mean nothing whats so ever.

ReputationRep:
    I was shocked when I heard that Southners didn't have Holland's Pies.

And you can't beat hampsons for lunch - two pasties for £1!

A pasty and soup for £1.20!

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: February 5, 2005
Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.