The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

LOL,
Pakistan shouldnt even think of having war with india has won all of the wars they ever had against Pakistan in the past, and now india has improved ALOT they have nore nukes then pakistan, larger army more techology, larger navy and airforce.And USA would Probly either try 2 stop the war or help India cause most of USA's Phone centers are there and without India helping them their economy would be destroyed.so in the end who gives a **** if china's helping pakistan
Reply 61
India would win.
Reply 62
Without foreign interference, it's hard to imagine how Pakistan could win. If however, the conflict goes nuclear, there will be no real winners.
Reply 63
They'll both have large cities that just disappears from the maps if it goes nuclear. India has a policy of no first use of nuclear capabilities which means it is likely to take the first hit in a war.
Gaishan
Without foreign interference, it's hard to imagine how India could win. If however, the conflict goes nuclear, there will be no real winners.

What makes you say that? India totally outmatches Pakistan.
Reply 65
PeeWeeDan
What makes you say that? India totally outmatches Pakistan.

Sorry, it was a typo, I meant to say "It's hard to imagine how Pakistan would win." :frown: Edited now.
Reply 66
India would wipe the floor with Pakistan assuming that its just between them. If it isn't just between them, and other countries get involved (*cough*USA*cough*), India would be defeated, although it would be a rather bloody affair. Pakistan is allied with the USA and i believe UK amongst other nations. With that said, if, for some reason, other countries don't get involved Pakistan would be slaughtered... they can't even control their whole country.
Reply 67
sirandrew
India would wipe the floor with Pakistan assuming that its just between them. If it isn't just between them, and other countries get involved (*cough*USA*cough*), India would be defeated, although it would be a rather bloody affair. Pakistan is allied with the USA and i believe UK amongst other nations. With that said, if, for some reason, other countries don't get involved Pakistan would be slaughtered... they can't even control their whole country.

Indeed. The outcome is so predictable that one has to ask why create the thread?

It just result in penis measuring by TSR members who are so inclined.

The Pakistan/India conflict is sad enough.
sirandrew

Well India and the US are hardly enemies...
Reply 69
India is like Israel 8-)
Reply 70
PeeWeeDan
Well India and the US are hardly enemies...

as true as this may be, and i fully recognize that the US will not gladly step/create world war 3. We ARE allied with Pakistan, and we are not allied with India. Furthermore, Pakistan has strategic value to our conflict in Afghanistan.
Reply 71
I think it would be difficult to defeat either opponent fully. Overall, I believe that the defining influence would be American involvement; they would probably have to support Pakistan over India due to the importance of maintaining a positive relationship with Pakistan (due to the importance of that country with regard to terrorist groups), but even then India would be very difficult to defeat.
It wouldnt be so much as who's winning its would be more like how can we stop a genocide, India and Pakistan have history of communal violence which is some of the worst cases in history. It would be a pointless war with no real victor just mass pointless deaths
Reply 73

LOOOOL
Reply 74
By win you mean who would come out on top, no one wins in a war, unless it is fought in someone else's country, like every war America participates in.

I would say Pakistan, Indians are not that nationalistic, pakistan on the other hand would turn into Afghanistan x100.
Indians never really occupied or conquered pakistan, nor did pakistan ever occupy or conquer pakistan.

India has much larger number of troops, personnel and equipment because its population is 8 times larger. On a per capita basis, Pakistan is stronger although in a head-on conflict that is meaningless.

India is the stronger of the two sides while nuclear weapons may actually thwart any war from breaking out.
Reply 76
China.
India won't win.

Pakistan has unity between herself.

India is filled with alot of sanction's, all of them bent on destroying India, herself.

India is mainly a Hindu country.

Pakistan is filled with Muslim's.

Muslim's stand toghether, and fight toghether.

Even though, 67.35% of people on TSR, voted that India can win the war.

Have you looked at your own country's situation?

Pakistan will will.
Reply 78
sirandrew

Pakistan is more like a puppet that we need, a "forced ally." This can be seen in how they are treated. Look at the number of drone attacks carried out in Pakistan by coalition forces, we are invading their sovereignty. We are forcing Pakistan to co-operate due to the hotbed of terrorist activity on its soil which was previously encouraged by top Pakistani politicians.

India is a more equal partner as can be seen in the historic US-India Nuclear Deal. Pakistan is being tolerated due to it's importance, nothing more.
Reply 79
Without a doubt, India would win this.

Bigger population, bigger GDP, bigger landmass, better technology, higher rates of growth, more solid government, better links with China/US.

Latest

Trending

Trending