The Student Room Group

Hat 2023

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Tinus3
No, they tend to come out quite late, so it may be wise not to hold your breath. They are generally the most oversubscribed college so the admissions team is very busy.

Ok, thank you
If the application is not successful with Worcester will other colleges consider?
Reply 162
They might give your application to another college if they are oversubscribed but you have passed the bar, in which case you will be interviewed at another college which has less applications. I know someone who was passed to another college, got a place and excellent with a first.
Does anyone know what the average HAT score was for interview invites last year?
Original post by frauschlange
Does anyone know what the average HAT score was for interview invites last year?

Around 68 - I think
Sorry, 68 was place holder, but 64 was shortlist. Information is easily available on google. Can't provide link on this forum.
Original post by milo05
Has anyone here heard back about interviews 🙂

Just got mine!
Original post by Anonymous #2
Just got mine!

But I thought you only wrote 580 words on the HAT? I suppose it just shows that you did well regardless, and length wasn't the most important factor. *thumbs up*
Original post by Anonymous #4
But I thought you only wrote 580 words on the HAT? I suppose it just shows that you did well regardless, and length wasn't the most important factor. *thumbs up*

The most helpful prep video I watched was by MattWilliams who’s the access fellow at Jesus and hereally emphasised the importance of planning 🙂 Ihave quite severe ADHD so I took a lot of time toplan my ideas in detail and although I obvs didn’twrite loads it payed off! I assume I’m in the lowerrange of passing grades but I’m so excited for theinterview! Good luck, I hope you get good results (if you haven’t already)❤️
Reply 169
We are still waiting for ancient and modern history from Worcester. According to the spreadsheet they were already sending interview invites/rejections on Friday. Is anybody else also still waiting?
Original post by Tinus3
We are still waiting for ancient and modern history from Worcester. According to the spreadsheet they were already sending interview invites/rejections on Friday. Is anybody else also still waiting?

Worcester are notoriously slow at replying, they haven’t even got round to some Biochem students yet! If that makes u feel better hahah
I just got an offer so I'm curious as to see if we can access our scores.
Original post by frauschlange
I just got an offer so I'm curious as to see if we can access our scores.

Me too, I might email and ask
Reply 173
My son also got his offer. I thought that they explicitly say don't ask, scores will be sent out for both hat and interviews by resp central computer and colleges. Wait a couple of days at least
(edited 1 month ago)
Original post by Tinus3
My son also got his offer. I thought that they explicitly say don't ask, scores will be sent out for both hat and interviews by resp central computer and colleges. Wait a couple of days at least

Yes, I think I read on the main Oxford application thread earlier today that it’s not a good idea to ask for any further info yet as the staff will have enough to do giving feedback to those who got rejections. Best leave it a while 😊
Reply 175
Original post by NerdyMum
Yes, I think I read on the main Oxford application thread earlier today that it’s not a good idea to ask for any further info yet as the staff will have enough to do giving feedback to those who got rejections. Best leave it a while 😊

I have also read somewhere that you might have to ask for interview scores (hat score will be sent out automatically) and the deadline for interview score requests would be 15 Feb. But I would wait at least a week as it's also possible you get them automatically (as I am sure I have also read as per my previous post)
what did everyone get in the HAT! (If ur comfortable sharing) and did u get an offer! X
Original post by Anonymous #2
what did everyone get in the HAT! (If ur comfortable sharing) and did u get an offer! X

i got 78 and an offer
My HAT score was 75 which I am super happy about even though I did not get an offer. It was probably too low for Merton.
(edited 1 month ago)
I got 69 and an offer from Magdalen!

Quick Reply

Latest