The Student Room Group

Human Sciences Oxford applicants 2023-2024

Scroll to see replies

Original post by liblob101205
Hey guys!
I've applied to Human sciences at Wadham
Predicted: Psychology (A*) Biology (A) Chemistry (A) and EPQ
GCSES: 98888888764
I've got 3 offers already! Uni of Birmingham Human sciences, Uni of Salford Psychology of human and animal behaviour and Newcastle uni Biology and Psychology
My other uni is St Andrews for Biology and Psychology :smile:

Fellow brummie offer!!! I think there's a few of us here
Hopefully we all heat about interviews soon 🤞🏻
Original post by countless-blink
Fellow brummie offer!!! I think there's a few of us here
Hopefully we all heat about interviews soon 🤞🏻

I know, I'm nervous but I also just want to know either way. RIW deadline in 27th so it should be before then!
I know, I'm nervous but I also just want to know either way. RIW deadline in 27th so it should be before then!

Hopefully!!!! I'm contextual but I've got nothing about the RIWs, but I've got a mock scheduled tmrw so should be able to get some practice in 🤞🏻
It's defo got to be before 03/12 at the latest, that's 7 days before the last college interview (panels are the 12th)
Hopefully!!!! I'm contextual but I've got nothing about the RIWs, but I've got a mock scheduled tmrw so should be able to get some practice in 🤞🏻
It's defo got to be before 03/12 at the latest, that's 7 days before the last college interview (panels are the 12th)

I've had two mocks already and they honestly made me feel a lot more confident about interviews so I hope it goes well for you!
I've had two mocks already and they honestly made me feel a lot more confident about interviews so I hope it goes well for you!

Thank you !!!
Reply 85
Hey guys!
I've applied to Human sciences at Wadham
Predicted: Psychology (A*) Biology (A) Chemistry (A) and EPQ
GCSES: 98888888764
I've got 3 offers already! Uni of Birmingham Human sciences, Uni of Salford Psychology of human and animal behaviour and Newcastle uni Biology and Psychology
My other uni is St Andrews for Biology and Psychology :smile:

I’ve applied for Wadham as well !! :smile:

Were the mock interviews dones by your school
Reply 87

what is RIW ?
Original post by Anonymous #4
Were the mock interviews dones by your school

One was a conference done by my local schools and one was oxford outreach for north east but you should ask your teachers and they may be able to organise one for you!
Original post by lilorain
what is RIW ?

Remote Interview Workshop organised by Oxford which is offered to contextual students to increase confidence with the interview
Original post by lilorain
I’ve applied for Wadham as well !! :smile:

Yay!
Reply 91
Remote Interview Workshop organised by Oxford which is offered to contextual students to increase confidence with the interview

ahh I see, I had no idea they did these, that’s really good
One was a conference done by my local schools and one was oxford outreach for north east but you should ask your teachers and they may be able to organise one for you!

Okay Thank you
I probably sound silly, but is a contextual applicant one with ECs or am I completely in the wrong ballpark? (as someone with ECs) BAHAHA
Original post by Anonymous #5
I probably sound silly, but is a contextual applicant one with ECs or am I completely in the wrong ballpark? (as someone with ECs) BAHAHA

What do you mean by ECs? Contextual just means you go to a state school or live in an area which may have low progression to higher education, you have extenuating circumstances or other factors like this - I’m pretty sure!
PPE interview decisions have started to come out, so hopefully we're soon (both being TSA courses and all that jazz) !!!
PPE interview decisions have started to come out, so hopefully we're soon (both being TSA courses and all that jazz) !!!

This is hopeful!
What do you mean by ECs? Contextual just means you go to a state school or live in an area which may have low progression to higher education, you have extenuating circumstances or other factors like this - I’m pretty sure!

ECs = extenuating circumstances, and ahhh thanks for letting me know!
Original post by Anonymous #5
ECs = extenuating circumstances, and ahhh thanks for letting me know!

yeah that totally makes sense now haha, no problem :smile:
Reply 99
I have a strange feeling we’re in the next round of decisions as E&M and PPE have both started receiving decisions and they’re TSA requiring courses… best of luck for the coming days guys! :smile:

Regardless of where we all end up we should make a group chat of human scientists for each uni AHAHA

Quick Reply

Latest