The Student Room Group

Kings College London access course

Hello,

I would like to study paediatric nursing at Kings College. I have the ability to do and in-person access course, however, it would be easier for me do a distance learning access course such as, open study college or open university. So I have 2 questions:
1) will they accept a distance learning course?
2) which ones will they accept?

I have tried reaching out to them directly, but they have not replied.
Reply 1
Original post by Sneezing_Dragon
Hello,

I would like to study paediatric nursing at Kings College. I have the ability to do and in-person access course, however, it would be easier for me do a distance learning access course such as, open study college or open university. So I have 2 questions:

Give them a nudge. I had an offer from KCL to study law and I had completed an Access Course from Distance Learning Centre (an online platform). It was fairly simple for me to pick though, as you can do an "Access to Law" course.

I'd email them asking specifically what type of access courses they accept. It is likely immaterial whether it is completed online or not.

Best of luck!
Original post by Sneezing_Dragon
Hello,

Check the access search site, most of them will give you the opportunity of an advanced learner loan (you do not need to pay it back.)
https://www.accesstohe.ac.uk/course-search
KCL do not care if in-person or not.
(edited 6 months ago)
Thank you so much!! this is so helpful! Congratulations on your offer! good luck!

Original post by DCDCo
Give them a nudge. I had an offer from KCL to study law and I had completed an Access Course from Distance Learning Centre (an online platform). It was fairly simple for me to pick though, as you can do an "Access to Law" course.

I'd email them asking specifically what type of access courses they accept. It is likely immaterial whether it is completed online or not.

Best of luck!
This has been really helpful thank you!!
Original post by random_matt
Check the access search site, most of them will give you the opportunity of an advanced learner loan (you do not need to pay it back.)
https://www.accesstohe.ac.uk/course-search
KCL do not care if in-person or not.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending