Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Does any kind soul know of any popular questions asked at biology interviews?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ralfskini)
    I suspect the questions would be more to do with why you want to study biology and about yourself (motivation etc) rather than your knowledge of biology because they can see that from your grades.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by NikNak)
    I suspect the questions would be more to do with why you want to study biology and about yourself (motivation etc) rather than your knowledge of biology because they can see that from your grades.
    Thanks.

ReputationRep:
    Thanks.
    Although they may ask a few questions about your biological knowledge, they can't expect you to know anything over than a-level standard and as i said, i think they would be more concerned as to why biology, why this uni etc.

If your being interviewed at somewhere like cambridge etc, they probably would expect you to have an active interest in the subject so it is best to look for anything bio related in the news etc that they may ask about.

ReputationRep:
    Ok thanks v.much

be prepared to answer some questions like:
    how do you feel about chemistry? do you like physics?
    how do you feel about research on animals?
    what recent discoveries in the scientific world caught your attention?
    what would you like to do with this degree?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bbbing)
    be prepared to answer some questions like:
    how do you feel about chemistry? do you like physics?
    how do you feel about research on animals?
    what recent discoveries in the scientific world caught your attention?
    what would you like to do with this degree?
    I take it uve had an interview then or are u in the same situation as me. cheers for the advice btw.

I take it uve had an interview then or are u in the same situation as me. cheers for the advice btw.
    i've had an interview for biology dont worry, you'll be fine. what uni are u being interviewed in?

(Original post by Unregistered)
    i've had an interview for biology dont worry, you'll be fine. what uni are u being interviewed in?
    that was bbbing btw!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Unregistered)
    that was bbbing btw!
    Well its natural sciences (biological) at cambridge

Well its natural sciences (biological) at cambridge
    ah i c! well u should probably prepare really well for that one! knowing cambridge..they have a exams for everything so dont be surprised if they ask u some really technical questions. and they will DEFINITELY ask u about physics & chem too since both are in ur course! good luck with that. if it was meant to be, u will get in

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bbbing)
    ah i c! well u should probably prepare really well for that one! knowing cambridge..they have a exams for everything so dont be surprised if they ask u some really technical questions. and they will DEFINITELY ask u about physics & chem too since both are in ur course! good luck with that. if it was meant to be, u will get in
    Yeh, i am reasonably competent with my other subjects but i have zilch knowledge beyond the a-level syllabus in them. I was kinda hoping I wouldnt be asked anything about them. Ah well! Where did u have ur interviews and where are you studying now?

Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.