Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    ...how retro! I've not listened to SOAD since I was about 16... which is 3/4 years ago. lol

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Toy Soldier)
    ...how retro! I've not listened to SOAD since I was about 16... which is 3/4 years ago. lol
    They totally rule though!

ReputationRep:
    Super! Where was it, underneath something?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by afireinside©)
    Super! Where was it, underneath something?
    Actually, I knocked over a pile of my mum's CDs and there it was on the floor, between "Jimmy Nail - Big River" and "The Robert Burns Story on CD(!!!)"

I literally haven't seen this CD for about 2 years, and thought I'd probably lost it. I'm quite concerned about it being there.

*listens to newly found CD* lol, they're actually not that bad really. I'd assumed I would have outgrown them.

ReputationRep:
    Good for you! Go rock out, by the time you've finished listening to it their new album will have been released! :cool:

ReputationRep:
    Good for you! Go rock out, by the time you've finished listening to it their new album will have been released! :cool:
    Do they still exist? This is the 2nd album... I vaguely remember liking the first one better. Did they have any others?

ReputationRep:
    Do they still exist? This is the 2nd album... I vaguely remember liking the first one better. Did they have any others?
    New one coming out soon

ReputationRep:
    New one coming out soon
    It probably won't be any good. I always seem to find that bands go downhill after the 2nd or third album unless they completely reinvent themselves, a la Radiohead.

ReputationRep:
    It probably won't be any good. I always seem to find that bands go downhill after the 2nd or third album unless they completely reinvent themselves, a la Radiohead.
    Never really been into Radiohead to be honest with ya.. SOAD far better, although I don't listen to them nearly as much as I ought to!
    I'm more into AFI (see username!), Goldfinger, Mad Caddies, RX Bandits etc..

ReputationRep:
    Never really been into Radiohead to be honest with ya.. SOAD far better, although I don't listen to them nearly as much as I ought to!
    I'm more into AFI (see username!), Goldfinger, Mad Caddies, RX Bandits etc..
    I was just using them as an example, that after their 3rd album they could be a completely different band. Bands who stay more or less the same tend to burn out... like Metallica, or G'n'R, or Sevendust, Incubus, + lots more.

ReputationRep:
    I was just using them as an example, that after their 3rd album they could be a completely different band. Bands who stay more or less the same tend to burn out... like Metallica, or G'n'R, or Sevendust, Incubus, + lots more.
    Some bands just get better with time, *puts on the RHCP*
    I'm gonna jump in the sack now, catch ya later fella! :cool:

ReputationRep:
    Good night Dan! I haven't heard much from SOAD...but I've heard about 5 songs by them...all pretty decent. I think they're alll riiight.

ReputationRep:
    Some bands just get better with time, *puts on the RHCP*
    I'm gonna jump in the sack now, catch ya later fella! :cool:
    Later my friend.

P.S. Early RHCP funk ("Catholic... Schooool girls rule... Catholic school-girls-Roo-El") was so much better than the generic pop-rock they do now. Meh. :p:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DarkShadows08)
    Good night Dan! I haven't heard much from SOAD...but I've heard about 5 songs by them...all pretty decent. I think they're alll riiight.
    Look who appears out of the shadows! The dark shadows at that! Where've ya been on MSN messenger girl! :eek:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DarkShadows08)
    I'm just re-remembering which ones I like. Science, Shimmy, Forest and Psycho have it at the moment. Can't f*cking stand Chop Suey. It was overplayed for months.

ReputationRep:
    Haha! I dunno...it's been acting all weird lately! I haven't been able to sign in! :eek:

ReputationRep:
    I'm just re-remembering which ones I like. Science, Shimmy, Forest and Psycho have it at the moment. Can't f*cking stand Chop Suey. It was overplayed for months.
    Haha,I love that song. I didn't mind at all that it was overplayed...it never got old for me...I like Toxicity a lot too. And Aerials.

ReputationRep:
    My fav SOAD tracks are Needles, Spiders and Sugar!

Night y'all!

ReputationRep:
    Spiders and Sugar!
    Shoogaaah... yes, those were two of my favourites too. I was only listing Toxicity tracks though, as that's the CD I've found.

Psycho groupie cocain crazy psycho groupie coke makes you high makes you hiiigh

ReputationRep:
    Night y'all!
    Hurry up and f**k off.

You've been going to bed for about half an hour now. Get going already.

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: February 7, 2005
Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?
Useful resources

Articles:

TSR wiki music section

Quick link:

Unanswered music threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.