This discussion is closed.
SamTheMan
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 14 years ago
If you don't know what they are, I'm not talking about crack or heroine or LSD but medicine that have effects on your mind to treat conditions such as depression or anxiety. It would probably be a too personal question to ask if anyone takes them. But what's your take on them?
I would personally feel uncomfortable using a palliative option to solve the problem instead of trying to get rid of that problem. Then again, sorting that problem out isn't very easy.
Toy Soldier
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
They f*ck you up. My mum's on (or has been on) every prescription antidepressant under the sun. Basically they're like nicotine - they work at first, but gradually they stop helping and become a dependance. Then you feel as bad as you originally did when you're taking them, but if you STOP things become far, far worse.

(I say like nicotine, because at first if you start smoking you get a 'rush', but if you do it regularly you lose the rush and smoke just to feel 'normal')
amo1
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
i wouldnt do the hard core ones but i would smoke a joint without thinking another thing about it
Lil' Miss Smiley
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
For some people its not that simple to not use drugs to help. Some would not be able to function in life normally. For example people with personality disorders, manic depressives with psychotic (sp) tendencies. Its just not simple at all. The meds are addictive which is why people that are on them have so many changes to their meds all the time. I am talking from experience. Not me personally but someone close to me.
mobb_theprequel
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by amo1)
i wouldnt do the hard core ones but i would smoke a joint without thinking another thing about it
lol, i think you've got the wrong end of the stick.
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you made up your mind on your five uni choices?

Yes I know where I'm applying (65)
65.66%
No I haven't decided yet (21)
21.21%
Yes but I might change my mind (13)
13.13%

Watched Threads