The Student Room Group

Econ Graduate- i got a third, can i get a job?

Hello everyone,
I recently graduated from university with a third. I studied politics and economics and i find it so difficult to find a job, i have attended interviews and recruiters and companies are really happy with my personality and my work experience , and i am studying towards a certificate in investment but as soon as they find out that i got a third i get rejected. What led to that low grade was my final exams that were in person, after 4 years of having no in person exams anxiety kicked in, and many issues and difficulties i was going through with my family and myself, mainly health issues. I was so close to a 2.2 but unfortunately i wasn't allowed to retake my exams. There is also an explanation of what distracted me throughout my studies but that still doesnt seem to phase recruiters. What can i do to be able to get a job in finance or politics or anything relative to my degree that wont be affected by my grades?
I'll appreciate any piece of advice, thank you!
Original post by marinse
Hello everyone,
I recently graduated from university with a third. I studied politics and economics and i find it so difficult to find a job, i have attended interviews and recruiters and companies are really happy with my personality and my work experience , and i am studying towards a certificate in investment but as soon as they find out that i got a third i get rejected. What led to that low grade was my final exams that were in person, after 4 years of having no in person exams anxiety kicked in, and many issues and difficulties i was going through with my family and myself, mainly health issues. I was so close to a 2.2 but unfortunately i wasn't allowed to retake my exams. There is also an explanation of what distracted me throughout my studies but that still doesnt seem to phase recruiters. What can i do to be able to get a job in finance or politics or anything relative to my degree that wont be affected by my grades?
I'll appreciate any piece of advice, thank you!

You refer above to your "work experience". Was that experience relevant to your degree? If so, have you directly approached the company/companies where you gained that experience to see if they'd be interested in taking you on now that you've graduated?
Reply 2
Original post by DataVenia
You refer above to your "work experience". Was that experience relevant to your degree? If so, have you directly approached the company/companies where you gained that experience to see if they'd be interested in taking you on now that you've graduated?

Thank you for your response. My work experience isn't part of an internship, rather a part of progressing in my previous job, but due to the toxic enviroment i wouldn't like going back to that employer. Also, i did a micro-internship and i got back in touch with that company but because of the small size of the company they deal with all the aspects of the company and when they need help they use contractors for a short period of time, so they wouldn't be able to assist me in any way im afraid.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending