The Student Room Logo

Phd funding

My son has got funding to do his PhD. The uni have got him registered to do a masters as they need to see he's capable of the study before classing it as a PhD.
They won't accept the funding because he's classed as doing the masters, even though he's working on a PhD.
Any way to correct this please ?
This is probably really going to be a specific situation to that uni. I would recommend he bring it up with his supervisor urgently to see what they can do to sort it out.

Quick Reply