The Student Room Group

University of Nottingham: Economics Eligibility

Im in yr13 with predicted grades of A*A*A* in economics, business and english lang/lit, however i wish to apply for economics at university of nottingham without maths alevel since i got a 5 at GCSE. I am projected to reach a 7 in maths in my nov resits, so my question is, is it possible that University of Nottingham will consider me for a place / or even a contextual offer since im from a bad area. GCSE Grades being: 987766554
It's not unusual to have an offer of, say AAB, subject o achieving a 6 or higher in maths.
In those cases, the Uni is letting you know that this is the minimum level you'll need even if you got A* A* A* you won't be admitted to the course.
If you don't get it, BA Econ degrees as opposed to BSc Econ tend to have a different bias that might not b so heavy on the maths element.
Original post by SomeonesDad
It's not unusual to have an offer of, say AAB, subject o achieving a 6 or higher in maths.
In those cases, the Uni is letting you know that this is the minimum level you'll need even if you got A* A* A* you won't be admitted to the course.
If you don't get it, BA Econ degrees as opposed to BSc Econ tend to have a different bias that might not b so heavy on the maths element.

Thanks! appreciate it

Quick Reply