This discussion is closed.
amo1
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
im was in a similar situation... but i ended up going 4 course cause i feel that ill have fun wherever i go... if people dont have fun at uni, and blame the uni i feel that they wouldnt have fun whereever they go
nas7232
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Times league table gives a good indication imo.
Sophdoph
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Course is IMHO more important, it's what you are going to do for 3 years. However if she'd be unhappy in Southampton and would prefer Bristol and willing to be in a less enjoyable course..then she might want to go to the all round choice.
khil
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
I'm in the same situation - Nottingham vs Manchester - or otherwise, reject 5 offers and go for Art at college! :eek:

It's very easy what we say - go for this uni or that - like people telling me I should go for Art not sciences. In the end she has to choose. There's no point in us telling you cus in the end if she's influenced by what a lot of online strangers say and not make the right choice for herself then... well I mean... at the very least she'd blame all us lot forever! Just make the decision that she feels right for her. What does she want from a uni? Prestigue isn't everything - I'm considering Art instead of Neuroscience at Notts!

If I were her I'd go for Southampton. As much as it is a shame to turn Bristol down, which is a great uni - it isn't a great uni for her personally and you're supposed to have the best years of your life at uni. And it's much more important that you enjoy the course, than go for prestigue, which never lasts.
~Sam~
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
I have an offer for English @ Southampton too (however, for mine I only need a B in English). I agree that the English course looks better than Bristols, and there is more choice. I visited Southampton and it is such a nice place, great for shopping too! And it was rated 'Excellent' for English. If she prefers the course there, she should go there.
SinghFello
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
In most courses, you usually get accepted even if you go down one grade(in one subject). But you will need to ring up and clarify. Even the likes of Oxbridge have some flexibilty.
Checking for Spies
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
I'd say go for Bristol.Yes,I may be biased because it's where I wanna go but getting an English offer from them is good news because it's a really popular course and they're quite picky.
~Sam~
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by *alicia*)
I'd say go for Bristol.Yes,I may be biased because it's where I wanna go but getting an English offer from them is good news because it's a really popular course and they're quite picky.
Southampton is popular too, there's 18 people per place for English
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you made up your mind on your five uni choices?

Yes I know where I'm applying (116)
65.91%
No I haven't decided yet (36)
20.45%
Yes but I might change my mind (24)
13.64%

Watched Threads