Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hey. I'm going on holiday over Easter and was wondering what is best for shaving. Is it easier to wax before you go, or shave out there? Last year i took that stupid razor with the soap stuff on it, useless, ended up buying a razor out there. I just bought a Philips electric shaver, thought it would be light to carry (it was).. but absolutely useless. Any suggestions?

ReputationRep:
    I normally stick to my good old gilette venus/goddess razors. Getting waxed would save you the hassle though, personal choice I guess.

ReputationRep:
    Agreed. I just take the Gillete venus razor. Simple and easy, just shave when you're in the shower. Saves the hassle of waxing, but it's up to you

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bestdeceptions)
    Agreed. I just take the Gillete venus razor. Simple and easy, just shave when you're in the shower. Saves the hassle of waxing, but it's up to you
    The only thing i was worrying about is the weight of taking shaving foam.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ladydeborah)
    The only thing i was worrying about is the weight of taking shaving foam.
    Don't. I use soap when I my shaving foam runs out..and then for about 2 weeks im too lazy to go buy one :p:. A soap is fine

ReputationRep:
    I agree with everyone take a razor with you and use a shower gel. Most of them have moisturisers in now so your legs wont dry up. Use a light moisturiser afterwards.

ReputationRep:
    This probably isnt good as if you're worried about weight you're probably taking a 2 in 1 shampoo/conditioner, but conditioner is great to use when you run out of shaving gel.

ReputationRep:
    Hey. I'm going on holiday over Easter and was wondering what is best for shaving. Is it easier to wax before you go, or shave out there? Last year i took that stupid razor with the soap stuff on it, useless, ended up buying a razor out there. I just bought a Philips electric shaver, thought it would be light to carry (it was).. but absolutely useless. Any suggestions?
    Waxing before you go would save you the hassle of shaving and taking razors and shaving foams with you, but it´s painful as you probably know.

ReputationRep:
    I've never shaved - I always wax - my mom never let me shave - she always said waxing is better because by the time ur like 25, the hair will hardly grow - which is true because I'm nearly 19 and my hair hardly grows on my legs anymore so I suggest waxing - it's painful but in the long run much better! but shaving, I think shower gel usually does the trick as a lot of people have been told - and soap should be ok as well!!!!

Have a good easter break!

Love Ladyshort

ReputationRep:
    waxing doesnt hurt that much - i do it allt he time and i dont find it very painful at all

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ladyshort4u)
    I've never shaved - I always wax - my mom never let me shave - she always said waxing is better because by the time ur like 25, the hair will hardly grow - which is true because I'm nearly 19 and my hair hardly grows on my legs anymore so I suggest waxing - it's painful but in the long run much better! but shaving, I think shower gel usually does the trick as a lot of people have been told - and soap should be ok as well!!!!

Have a good easter break!

Love Ladyshort
    i've also never shaved, but if i suddenly became compelled to do so, i think i'd wax. Mainly because it's quick, and i'd hate to spend more time than i'd need to doing something that seems so trivial to me.

but if i had to recommend something, i'd go with that 'venus' thingy 4 women- my mum uses it and she is a very particular woman.

ReputationRep:
    Go and get waxed professionally before you go, and also carry a razor with you. That way you'll be free of hair for at least a week. And don't take shaving gel, use hair conditioner instead, it doesnt dry out your skin like soap and you can use it for both hair and shaving!

ReputationRep:
    I would just stick with a Mach 3 and a little bottle of shaving gel, minitures are easy to find, like 'original mint source' etc do smaller bottles. Soap isn't good if you have sensitive skin, and if u wanna wax then uhave to grow it quite long beforehand, so make sure your not doind anything that includes showing ur legs a day before! lol !

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by annabellewalter)
    I would just stick with a Mach 3 and a little bottle of shaving gel, minitures are easy to find, like 'original mint source' etc do smaller bottles. Soap isn't good if you have sensitive skin, and if u wanna wax then uhave to grow it quite long beforehand, so make sure your not doind anything that includes showing ur legs a day before! lol !
    That happened last time i went on holiday. It wasn't long enough to wax. Bloody annoying. I can stand 3 minutes of pain for a a week or so of not having to shave.
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    Get an epilator

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by juno_the)
    Get an epilator

Does it hurt at first, someone told me it did.

ReputationRep:
    can i say, dont do epilation or waxing.

with waxing, hot or cold, the hairs have to be quite long for it to work. it hurts a bit but not too bad. but i find the hairs dont all come out. and if you wax over the same area it huuuuurts and is red for days. as the hairs regrow even the slightest stublle forms lumps under the skin as when waxed/epilated hairs are pulled from the root, when they regrow they are wearer so cant penetrate the top of the skin as easily thus become ingrown. this looks gross and lumpy.

stick to good old soap and razor. buy the razor out there if worried about weight. its cheap, safe and surely you will bathe everday anyway.
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    Does it hurt at first, someone told me it did.
    It's sorta tingly and uncomfortable rather than painful. But it's quick and easy!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by magiccarpet)
    can i say, dont do epilation or waxing.

with waxing, hot or cold, the hairs have to be quite long for it to work. it hurts a bit but not too bad. but i find the hairs dont all come out. and if you wax over the same area it huuuuurts and is red for days. as the hairs regrow even the slightest stublle forms lumps under the skin as when waxed/epilated hairs are pulled from the root, when they regrow they are wearer so cant penetrate the top of the skin as easily thus become ingrown. this looks gross and lumpy.

stick to good old soap and razor. buy the razor out there if worried about weight. its cheap, safe and surely you will bathe everday anyway.
    Thank you. I'm a scardy cat when it comes to pain. Saves me money shaving and even though it takes longer in the (shared) bathroom each morning.. i'd rather do that than get ingrown hairs.

Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.