The Student Room Group

Guide dog trainer assessment day interview!

Hi all!
I am so lucky to be through to the last stage of interviews to become a guide dog trainer.
This stage involves an assessment day and I was just wondering if anyone would be kind enough to express how they got on with their assessment days and what it involved?
Thanks in advance!
Original post by pxhione
Hi all!
I am so lucky to be through to the last stage of interviews to become a guide dog trainer.
This stage involves an assessment day and I was just wondering if anyone would be kind enough to express how they got on with their assessment days and what it involved?
Thanks in advance!

Hi!
When it comes to an assessment day these can vary quite a bit depending on the role. An example for when I did one was focused more on a group activity and discussion to learn more about how we communicate and react. But other assessment days can focus on other tasks like written exercises and presentations.
What I would recommend is to focus on a few key factors to maximise success in an assessment centre, this can include:
1. Researching the company and their values to get an idea on what they would want you to showcase at an assessment day.
2. Improve time-management skills, these are crucial in an assessment centre/day.

Hope all goes well! Fingers Crossed!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending