Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    If you were offered 1 of 3 gifts what would you choose?

The ability to build the most powerful army in the world.

The ability gain unlimited wealth?

The ability to speak in any language in the world?

ReputationRep:
    power.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by alkaeda)
    If you were offered 1 of 3 gifts what would you choose?

The ability to build the most powerful army in the world.

The ability gain unlimited wealth?

The ability to speak in every language in the world?
    language.

ReputationRep:
    Language definately. The rest would follow if I had that.

ReputationRep:
    why?
    with wealth you can buy translators.
    with power you can command translators

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mik1w)
    why?
    with language you can get every army from different countries and be able to talk to them in there own language. the power would earn you money.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mik1w)
    why?
    If you were able to talk everyones language you wuldn't need translators. People would come to you. With that brings wealth and a certain amount of power over people. I wouldn't want total power.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by eric bischoff)
    with language you can get every army from different countries and be able to talk to them in there own language. the power would earn you money.
    But why would they listen to you? There are some people who can speak 10 or more languages, why don't they have vast armies at their command?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cindy)
    If you were able to talk everyones language you wuldn't need translators. People would come to you. With that brings wealth and a certain amount of power over people. I wouldn't want total power.
    that doesn't make sense, you'd be a translator and that's all, amongst millions of other translators. what would make everyone suddenly come to you if there's a translator much closer?

besides, you'd have to work..

ReputationRep:
    Who could resist the power of the Penguin!!!! LOL

ReputationRep:
    Language. I'm affraid of power and indifferent to money... mostly.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lord Huntroyde)
    But why would they listen to you? There are some people who can speak 10 or more languages, why don't they have vast armies at their command?
    why would someone want total power? if u got someone like hitler then say hello to the holocaust again. (i have been doing it in history so its still fresh in my mind)

i also agree with cindy. No one says no to the penguin :cool:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mik1w)
    that doesn't make sense, you'd be a translator and that's all, amongst millions of other translators. what would make everyone suddenly come to you if there's a translator much closer?

But to be able to speak everyones language and talk so many tongues. How cool would that be?? All those languages that are nearly forgotten could be revived. :cool:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mik1w)

you'd have to work to get the power.

ReputationRep:
    language i would love to be able to speak more different languages

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by eric bischoff)
    why would someone want total power? if u got someone like hitler then say hello to the holocaust again. (i have been doing it in history so its still fresh in my mind)

i also agree with cindy. No one says no to the penguin :cool:
    That's regardless, you said that if you could speak all langyages then you could talk to armies. That's true, but they wouldn't listen to you.

Wealth's the one for me.

ReputationRep:
    That's regardless, you said that if you could speak all langyages then you could talk to armies. That's true, but they wouldn't listen to you.

Wealth's the one for me.
    yep but even if u did talk to them and they said no you cant say you never tried.

ReputationRep:

Wealth's the one for me.
    they would. Just think about it. To be able to speak everyones tongue gives you the added advantage. You'd ouse charisma and be a great diplomat. They couldn't resist.

ReputationRep:
    power without language is useless..u can not have power over anything and anybode unless you can express your self (which is very hard if you dont have language)

and through money you can not express your feelings as sufficiently as with words..imagine you love somebody..you can give him/her everything he/she wants..but you will NEVER be able to say I LOVE YOU..

I go for language!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cindy)
    they would. Just think about it. To be able to speak everyones tongue gives you the added advantage. You'd ouse charisma and be a great diplomat. They couldn't resist.
    So if I went to Iraq and told all the terrorist there (in Arabic) to stop terrorising people do you think they'd listen to me? No.

I can speak the same language as George Bush but if I went and told him I didn't agree with his policies would he listen to me? No.

Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.