This discussion is closed.
BlackHawk
  • CV Helper
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by parsimony)
power without language is useless..u can not have power over anything and anybode unless you can express your self (which is very hard if you dont have language)

and through money you can not express your feelings as sufficiently as with words..imagine you love somebody..you can give him/her everything he/she wants..but you will NEVER be able to say I LOVE YOU..

I go for language!
that is such BS. You can have power without language. I hate to say it but look at George Bush, he has power. You can also express yourself through others, such as translators. So are you saying that only poor people can have love? That people who have wealth cannot say I love you? Buuuulllllll!
kikzen
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
power.

power => wealth => time to learn languages!
LH
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by cindy)
How much is 'well'?? Not that I'd take you up on your offer.
£200,000 a year
LH
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by kikzen)
power.

power => wealth => time to learn languages!
But wealth leads to power, but it doesn't necessarily work the other way round.
parsimony
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by sublime_envy)
that is such BS. You can have power without language. I hate to say it but look at George Bush, he has power. You can also express yourself through others, such as translators. So are you saying that only poor people can have love? That people who have wealth cannot say I love you? Buuuulllllll!
i get your point..but believe or not Bush IS able to formulate at least a senrence or so..

i reffered to the question as if you had nothing (you can not speak at all, no money, no power) and you have to chose between these 3things..

if you dont have language at all you can not even think (this is kind of philosophical and i dont want to go so far..) so you can not rule..

but if you look at the question as if you know a language but you would be given one more...then your point if kind of adequate..

but being completely WITHOUT language is turning back into an animal..
:turtle: :snoozing:
BlackHawk
  • CV Helper
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by parsimony)
i get your point..but believe or not Bush IS able to formulate at least a senrence or so..

i reffered to the question as if you had nothing (you can not speak at all, no money, no power) and you have to chose between these 3things..

if you dont have language at all you can not even think (this is kind of philosophical and i dont want to go so far..) so you can not rule..

but if you look at the question as if you know a language but you would be given one more...then your point if kind of adequate..

but being completely WITHOUT language is turning back into an animal..
:turtle: :snoozing:
I never said Bush was intelligent, I said he had power.

And I think the question was going along the basis of the fact you had the power of speech. You know, like how you are now and what gift would you pick to improve upon yourself.
kikzen
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by Lord Huntroyde)
But wealth leads to power, but it doesn't necessarily work the other way round.
i think you have it the wrong way around...

if im all powerful i can pillage and make laods of money!

if im rich but no one knows about me then im not going to be very powerful!
LH
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago

All the world's billionaires are extremely powerful. They hold influence over government.
technik
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
power...leads to crushing of other languages and wealth.
parsimony
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by sublime_envy)
And I think the question was going along the basis of the fact you had the power of speech. You know, like how you are now and what gift would you pick to improve upon yourself.
well thats possible i guess i missinterpreted it :p:

i that case...since i already can speak 6languages i would chose power and establish world peace and stop hunger and pain in 3rd world (how idealistic :marchmell

Natalie Lane
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
I picked languages (basically cause I like them...) but wealth has more pratical advantages, if you're wealthy enough you can pretty much buy your way into everything so you're actually powerful too...
BlackHawk
  • CV Helper
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago

exactly my rational. plus if you had power surely you would control wealthy people?
Lil' Miss Smiley
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by Lord Huntroyde)
£200,000 a year
No thanks. I'll stick to just having the language.
habosh
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
Wealth:rolleyes:
pink_lucie
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
wealth as money rule's the world
ClosetGinger
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
Language...I could make friends with people from all over the world. I dont really want power...and wealth..well I could get enough money from translating..

Is that quite pathetic?
Lil' Miss Smiley
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by ClosetGinger)
Language...I could make friends with people from all over the world. I dont really want power...and wealth..well I could get enough money from translating..

Is that quite pathetic?
No its not. I agree with you.
presebjenada
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
language - it would be amazing to speak every language - imagine how many wierd cultures would be opened up to you just through understanding how they communicate ..
amo1
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
language... as one leads to the other
Kerry41
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
definitely languages,i luv to know different people
X
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

The new Gillette ad. Is it:

Man-hating bullsh*t (141)
46.08%
Pro-humanity (165)
53.92%

Watched Threads