This discussion is closed.
Profesh
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by JeremyG)
I go to a college in Catham, the Chav capital of the world, and I love chavs. Why? Because they are just the same as the rest of us.
That's easily said; but what about those of us hailing from that select minority, who have never barbecued Tesco Value beef rhind over the smouldering carcass of a burnt-out Vauxhall Nova - or even inhaled the sweet, intoxicating aroma of methylated spirits? Am I being unconsciously marginalised?
JeremyG
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by Profesh)
That's easily said; but what about those of us hailing from that select minority, who have never barbecued Tesco Value beef rhind over the smouldering carcass of a burnt-out Vauxhall Nova - or even inhaled the sweet, intoxicating aroma of methylated spirits? Am I being unconsciously marginalised?
If you've missed out on the meths you haven't lived man :thrasher:
Mrs_F
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by goblin paste)
Look around you..."open your eyes," you'll soon find answers as to why everybody has just started talking about them.
My point was it has been like that for years. Maybe not anywhere else in the world. But charvers have been ruling where I live for years. Ok so for a short period of time about 3 years ago goths ruled for a while but charvers soon came back and took over.
goblin paste
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
That said, however, you are nonetheless quite free to express your tacit disapproval; that's what the 'rep' system was invented for
Well, I'm done now, as we have both articulated our points clearly enough. Thank-you for the refreshing bout of intellectual discourse, but I must ask one question at the risk of appearing simple:

What is this 'rep' system you speak of?
trouttrout
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
I hate moshers and goffs. kick 'em all in! Ha ha! Typical townie!
Profesh
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by goblin paste)
Well, I'm done now, as we have both articulated our points clearly enough. Thank-you for the refreshing bout of intellectual discourse, but I must ask one question at the risk of appearing simple:

What is this 'rep' system you speak of?
It was my pleasure.

As for the 'rep' system: click the "scales of justice" symbol, situated on the top right-hand corner of any post, and you can allocate either 'positive' or 'negative' rep', depending upon your opinion of said post (and its author). You may do this once, every 24-hour period, and the amount of rep' you are able to command in either respect is calculated in terms of three, salient factors: own rep'; post count, and the date on which you joined TSR. Use it wisely
staylor
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
It was my pleasure.

As for the 'rep' system: click the "scales of justice" symbol, situated on the top right-hand corner of any post, and you can allocate either 'positive' or 'negative' rep', depending upon your opinion of said post (and its author). You may do this once, every 24-hour period, and the amount of rep' you are able to command in either respect is calculated in terms of three, salient factors: own rep'; post count, and the date on which you joined TSR. Use it wisely
Hey! I never undestood that until now :p:
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Why wouldn't you turn to teachers if you were being bullied?

They might tell my parents (10)
6.29%
They might tell the bully (17)
10.69%
I don't think they'd understand (28)
17.61%
It might lead to more bullying (60)
37.74%
There's nothing they could do (44)
27.67%

Watched Threads