This discussion is closed.
wiwarin_mir
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by annabellewalter)
I find goths a lot less intimidating than chavs. But that's because chavs tend to be ingnorant and violent. I must admit I feel a bit sorry for people who express themselves like everyone else. I watched Richard and Judy go to some goth conference, and they were all like 'This way i get to be an individual'

??!!

This is what I don't understand, I would find it really stifling and repressive to be so easily stereotyped. Please don't hurt me goth-lovers, but can anybody see what i mean?
Even though I term myself as a goth, it does not mean that I am a typical goth, for one thing I frequently wear anime shirts and star trek t-shirts, something goths would not normally wear.
roff
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by izzy_hattie)
huh? do you go to a minor public school? and your in tatler? confused...
I don't go to an MPSIA and we're in tatlers..comprendo?
MorbidAngel
Badges: 11
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by wiwarin_mir)
Even though I term myself as a goth, it does not mean that I am a typical goth, for one thing I frequently wear anime shirts and star trek t-shirts, something goths would not normally wear.
me2.
hazzie1
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by annabellewalter)
I find goths a lot less intimidating than chavs. But that's because chavs tend to be ingnorant and violent. I must admit I feel a bit sorry for people who express themselves like everyone else. I watched Richard and Judy go to some goth conference, and they were all like 'This way i get to be an individual'

??!!

This is what I don't understand, I would find it really stifling and repressive to be so easily stereotyped. Please don't hurt me goth-lovers, but can anybody see what i mean?
thats why I stopped, because I realised that by being a goth I was actually just joining another group stereotype.
AngelofnoColour
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
wats wrong with goths? They all seem to be very nice, friendly people. They are all usually very brainy too. So what if they dress different and in black.
MorbidAngel
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by BlueAngel)
wats wrong with goths? They all seem to be very nice, friendly people. They are all usually very brainy too. So what if they dress different and in black.
i alwats wear dark coloured clothin. i hate bright colors. pity my work coat is a bright, reflective coat....
wiwarin_mir
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by andrew2022)
i alwats wear dark coloured clothin. i hate bright colors. pity my work coat is a bright, reflective coat....
I actually wear nothing but black (execpt for my blue anime shirt, but that is an exception)
Dude
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
As some of my best mates are goths, no.
AngelofnoColour
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
you're a goth :eek: well I guess it makes sense, cos you and wiwarin were always nice to me. Thanks.
MorbidAngel
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by BlueAngel)
you're a goth :eek: well I guess it makes sense, cos you and wiwarin were always nice to me. Thanks.
why is every1 surprised that im a goth?!
NDGAARONDI
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
I actually wear nothing but black (execpt for my blue anime shirt, but that is an exception)
Including your underwear, socks and footwear?
MorbidAngel
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by NDGAARONDI)
normally, yes
Harv616
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 14 years ago
why is every1 surprised that im a goth?!
your not the sterotipical vampier, mass murdering bondage crazyed goth which people think about :rolleyes:
NDGAARONDI
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
normally, yes
Not you...
wiwarin_mir
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by NDGAARONDI)
Actually it does include them.
ThePenguinMafia
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Most of the goths I know are fairly reasonable. Sure, they can look creepy, but they are often articulate and kind. Mostly I find that they have just done this in order to reject a society that they feel has let them down.
Camford
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by ThePenguinMafia)
Most of the goths I know are fairly reasonable. Sure, they can look creepy, but they are often articulate and kind. Mostly I find that they have just done this in order to reject a society that they feel has let them down.
There's a goth in Pembroke Cambridge. They can be quite clever too.
wiwarin_mir
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by ThePenguinMafia)
Of course they are articulate, why on earth would we want to adopt such sub-lingual grunts of slang.
wiwarin_mir
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Also, contry to popular belief, not all goths want to/think they are vampires.
MorbidAngel
Report 14 years ago
Also, contry to popular belief, not all goths want to/think they are vampires.
i dont want to be a vamp either.
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you made up your mind on your five uni choices?

Yes I know where I'm applying (138)
61.88%
No I haven't decided yet (49)
21.97%
Yes but I might change my mind (36)
16.14%

Watched Threads