Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by andrew2022)
    i dont want to be a vamp either.
    I don't want to be a vampire either, I personally want to be a vampeel, they have the best of both worlds.

(Original post by wiwarin_mir)
    I don't want to be a vampire either, I personally want to be a vampeel, they have the best of both worlds.
    whats a vampeel?

ReputationRep:
    whats a vampeel?
    It is the product of a vampire and a human.

ReputationRep:
    I dont hate them really, i get on with the ones in my class perfectly
    but i dont think its fair when the goths come into school wearing black HIM and Slipknot hoodies and they dont get told to take them off in class while everyone else is told to take their non-uniform jackets and stuff off.

ReputationRep:
    as long as it isnt way OTT burning crosses and caking themselves in face paint and trash i dont really mind

ReputationRep:
    Nah i think they are funny. Especially the goths like the webster girl on coronation street. Ha fabby!

ReputationRep:
    the jewelery is cool

and actually, most goths are really lovely kind people. probably cos most r doped up but i went to a rock concert and complete strangers came up to me and talk so nicely polite no me

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lessthanthree)
    I feel sorry for someone who dresses that way solely to rebel against the norm and uses the pathetic excuse of "being an individual"

-Yeah, you're individual, buddy; just like everybody else.

Of course that doesn't apply to all gothic types. ...extreme fad followers irritate the living crap out of me...

..much like wannabe wiccans annoy me.
    And that's a pathetic cliche.

I don't see why anyone should care or judge other people by who they wnat to be/are.... people can do whatever the hell they like, and if they want to copy others, then so be it.

Goth>>Chav

ReputationRep:
    Pathetic. How can you HATE someone based on their clothes? Discrimination based on such shallow things is absolutely unacceptable.

Anyone here HATE black people?....Thought not

Grow up

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by puppy)
    Anyone here HATE black people?....Thought not
    Are you real?

Anything that is a product of individual choice should, in a free society, be open to ridicule.

A person doesn't choose to be black. People meanwhile are able to choose how they dress

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PublicSchoolAnn)
    Nah i think they are funny. Especially the goths like the webster girl on coronation street. Ha fabby!
    Now that... is utterly hilarious

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Yossarian)
    Are you real?

Anything that is a product of individual choice should, in a free society, be open to ridicule.

A person doesn't choose to be black. People meanwhile are able to choose how they dress
    Hate is a bit strong though. The point im making is, regardless of whether you choose to do something or not, you shouldn't make a judgement like "hate" based on something so shallow. Of course you should be able to ridicule anything, but this thread isn't "anyone find it funny how goths....." it's "Does anyone hate goths". I can't see how it's remotely productive to give yes-no answers on such a topic.

ReputationRep:
    I agree that to discriminate against people because that are grouped as a 'goth' is not fair or morally acceptable. However, I do believe that if I want to hate someone because they choose to do something i dislike then that should be my own choice (even though this hate is often based upon illogicical reasons and stupidity).

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by puppy)
    Hate is a bit strong though. The point im making is, regardless of whether you choose to do something or not, you shouldn't make a judgement like "hate" based on something so shallow. Of course you should be able to ridicule anything, but this thread isn't "anyone find it funny how goths....." it's "Does anyone hate goths". I can't see how it's remotely productive to give yes-no answers on such a topic.
    ermmmmmmmm everybody was moaning about all the "do you hate chavs" threads so i thought i might aswell do one about goths? :rolleyes:

im sorry? :confused:

ReputationRep:
    No, i don't. Some people think i'm a goth, just because i wear a long leather jacket. I can't hate anyone, not even a chav, just because they are what they are.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BhArJ)
    Since everyone was moaning about chavs i thought id ask the same, and yes im extreamly bored........

Do you hate "goths"?
    is this implying that if youre not a chav you must be a goth? cus my friend that is bullsh.it

ReputationRep:
    many of my friends are goths...i went out on a GothSoc pub crawl with a group of them only on Friday. i felt like i was wearing far too little black...the only issue i have is those who think they're really "alternative" and therefore superior to other people. just because they wear black does not make them automatically "creative". if anything, i always think they look more similar to each other than i do to my friends who also wear high street clothes or whatever...

ReputationRep:
    there a problem
    i didn't know what a goth is so i looked it up in a dictionary and this came out : a crude uncouth ill-bred person lacking culture or refinement (pls dont take as an insult i am just copying the dictionary..)

well but i think that u mean something different by this term,.what exactly is it??

ReputationRep:
    I dont mind goths, they are just people who like a certain type of music (just like townies really) and dress in all black.

I dont like the way they are considered weird...they are just normal people.

And also that dictionary definition is just plain wrong :eek:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Yossarian)
    A person doesn't choose to be black. People meanwhile are able to choose how they dress.
    I take it that my Native American friends would come under the same dress sense? What about Hindus and Sikhs? Also Michael Jackson chose to be white so that's one exception to be the colour that you are. Also what about nationality when someone chooses to be Irish, for example?

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: February 7, 2005
Poll
Have you ever experienced bullying?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.