The Student Room Group
Studying at Cardiff University
Cardiff University
Visit website

Computer Science

Looking at this degree - but am hearing from a current first year who went to my college that there are not many contact hours (They are finding they have too much time compared to other students which has made settling in difficult). Website says 15-20 contact hours a week they have approx 3x50 mins in person and about the same online lectures, with some drop ins (if needed which is rarely).
Is this it for 3 years?,
Original post by Anonymous #1
Looking at this degree - but am hearing from a current first year who went to my college that there are not many contact hours (They are finding they have too much time compared to other students which has made settling in difficult). Website says 15-20 contact hours a week they have approx 3x50 mins in person and about the same online lectures, with some drop ins (if needed which is rarely).
Is this it for 3 years?,

Hi there,

I'm not sure about this particular course but at the university level, there are generally fewer contact hours with an expectation that you are spending more time doing independent study. This can be a challenge if you're not used to it, I found it hard to settle in too. I'd advise you to reach out to the university here to ask for more details on your specific course.

All the best,
Jaz - Cardiff student rep
Studying at Cardiff University
Cardiff University
Visit website

Quick Reply

Latest