Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    So here I was on my train home from orchestra yesturday happy as Bill (Larry had a cold) when a women got on and I was like wow thats a lot of bags (Two big suitcases and one big handbag) and picked up the newspaper as you do and read it, well I saw her looking at it over my shoulder and as I had other things to do I asked her if she wanted it... Well she was like no no no I have too much to think about so I was like okay and went back to reading when she said

I've just left my husband and four kids

I was like oh. Now I am not the most tactful person but I thought I can do this, so I asked her what happened. Found out it was her anniversary from when they started going out today and her partner wouldn't take the morning off and it was the last straw so when he went to tescos to get some food she left her oldest son (13) to look after the others and took a train.

So I was like ok, what are you planning to do, do you have family down here? A bit worried about her, and she was like she had people who were like aunties to her so I was like thats good, she told me they were two lesbians who were married (or teh equivlant)

I tried to compliment her whenever I could saying things like normally they trip is boring but today you've been fun to talk to and stuff to try and cheer her up as she looked to breaking point

And she told me she had mental and physical disabilities (she kept repeating stuff) so could get a house and she worked at teh ministry of sound as a DJ (she is about 33 does drum and bass)

So I talked to her about whether or not I should give blood and she told me it would be agood idea and it doesn't hurt then it came to my stop (Around 15mins after we had left) so I said I would pray for her and hoped it all worked out

Anyone else had random things or people talking to them on trains?

Sorry that was quite long!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by historyhoney)
    So here I was on my train home from orchestra yesturday happy as Bill (Larry had a cold) when a women got on and I was like wow thats a lot of bags (Two big suitcases and one big handbag) and picked up the newspaper as you do and read it, well I saw her looking at it over my shoulder and as I had other things to do I asked her if she wanted it... Well she was like no no no I have too much to think about so I was like okay and went back to reading when she said

I've just left my husband and four kids

I was like oh. Now I am not the most tactful person but I thought I can do this, so I asked her what happened. Found out it was her anniversary from when they started going out today and her partner wouldn't take the morning off and it was the last straw so when he went to tescos to get some food she left her oldest son (13) to look after the others and took a train.

So I was like ok, what are you planning to do, do you have family down here? A bit worried about her, and she was like she had people who were like aunties to her so I was like thats good, she told me they were two lesbians who were married (or teh equivlant)

I tried to compliment her whenever I could saying things like normally they trip is boring but today you've been fun to talk to and stuff to try and cheer her up as she looked to breaking point

And she told me she had mental and physical disabilities (she kept repeating stuff) so could get a house and she worked at teh ministry of sound as a DJ (she is about 33 does drum and bass)

So I talked to her about whether or not I should give blood and she told me it would be agood idea and it doesn't hurt then it came to my stop (Around 15mins after we had left) so I said I would pray for her and hoped it all worked out

Anyone else had random things or people talking to them on trains?

Sorry that was quite long!
    nothing quite that dramatic but i don get random people coming up and talking to me im used to it, it scares my friends sometimes though

ReputationRep:
    i once sat down next to a man who had a plastic bag over his ahem... crotch. whenever i looked his way he moved the bag, and he had a hole in his crotch. i actually had an hysterical fit, though was grossed out. the tube is a weird place!

ReputationRep:
    Never talk to strangers!
    • CV Helper
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    Wiki Support Team
    trains are freaky screwed up places. I had a guy stalk me after I sat next to him on the train. I hope that lady gets her life sorted though. Her poor kids.

ReputationRep:
    i also sat down on the tube once, and this crazy drugged up woman started eating her chips while seductively looking at me. the she started feeling herself up and looking at me for my reaction. needless to say, my friends and i could not stop laughing, so she continued until we left. i felt sorry for the people sitting right next to her.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Chardonnay)
    Never talk to strangers!

I dont see the harm on a train there were other people on it and I wasn't exactly gonna give her details about anything she needed a shoulder and I was there

ReputationRep:
    By the way, if anyone her was on a train in London in teh summer and heard peoplpe singing Christian songs could have been me hehe When we went to Soul in the City last year we were on the train and would just start singing - I'm sure it freaked loads of peeps out!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lessthanthree)
    I always talk with people on trains and buses. it passes the time nicely.

..and sometimes they have opal fruits ^_^
    haha I did offer her some sweets and a tracker bar (she had a long way to go) but she was on a diet

ReputationRep:
    once i was in a train in Austria w/ my friends and there was this realy scary looking guy.. so we started to talk about him (not in german) and thought he could not understand.. and after a while he started yelling at as ( he understood our language) and was really freakend out..but we didnt say anything that was soo bad.. we just made comments about how scary he is, and were asking each other if we should move to an other wagon (becoase this one was nearly empty..

and when he started yelling at us i was really scared.. but fortunately the conductor heard him, came, and told him to calm down..

omg i will never talk about ppl in the train (not even in an other language)

ReputationRep:
    i always attract people breaking up on trains, once on my way home the woman in front of me broke up with her boyfriend on the phone, she was crying her eyes out and ended up talking to her mate about how her life has no meaning etc

the other time was quite comical, this girl told her boyfriend that she loved his mate...i was sharing a table with them so i was right in the middle of their argument, he got in a strop and demanded when they get back he wanted his jim davidson videos back (!!!, i nearly burst out laughing at that point)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by parsimony)
    once i was in a train in Austria w/ my friends and there was this realy scary looking guy.. so we started to talk about him (not in german) and thought he could not understand.. and after a while he started yelling at as ( he understood our language) and was really freakend out..but we didnt say anything that was soo bad.. we just made comments about how scary he is, and were asking each other if we should move to an other wagon (becoase this one was nearly empty..

and when he started yelling at us i was really scared.. but fortunately the conductor heard him, came, and told him to calm down..

omg i will never talk about ppl in the train (not even in an other language)
    lol when me and my friends were on the tube going to camden we pretended that i was pregnant and it was soooooo funny! all these looks i got of people! lmao!!!!!!

ReputationRep:
    hey watch this movie >> SUBWAYStories: Tales from the Underground (1997) <<
    its really funny..its about all these funny or strange underground stories : )

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by parsimony)
    hey watch this movie >> SUBWAYStories: Tales from the Underground (1997) <<
    its really funny..its about all these funny or strange underground stories : )
    the link?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by eric bischoff)
    the link?
    you can find info about this movie on

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0120240/

but i dont know where u can downlad it..well try eMule or stuff like that :rolleyes:

Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.