Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I have been invited to the Bath Compuer Science Open Day and it says you can bring friends/family/partner(s). Is any one going and are you going alone or with people?

Or out of past experience at these sorts of things at other unis do people normally go alone? Im talking about the subject specific open day after you've applied not the casual uni open day.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Goat)
    I have been invited to the Bath Compuer Science Open Day and it says you can bring friends/family/partner(s). Is any one going and are you going alone or with people?

Or out of past experience at these sorts of things at other unis do people normally go alone? Im talking about the subject specific open day after you've applied not the casual uni open day.

most take a parent/friend

love Katy***

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ickle_katy)
    most take a parent/friend

love Katy***
    When it says you can only bring a parent/guardian though, e.g Bristol, im guessing a lot of people go alone?

I dont really fancy goin with my parents!

ReputationRep:
    Im going to bristol computer science open day on 19/11 alone. Personally i want to do all the interviews and open days by myself, uni is an experience for you, not your parents!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Oli)
    Im going to bristol computer science open day on 19/11 alone. Personally i want to do all the interviews and open days by myself, uni is an experience for you, not your parents!
    Yeah thats what I thought. Where else have you applied to?

ReputationRep:
    My choices are:

Bristol
    Nottingham
    Cambridge(gonville and caius)
    York
    Warwick
    UMIST

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Oli)
    My choices are:

Bristol
    Nottingham
    Cambridge(gonville and caius)
    York
    Warwick
    UMIST
    Do you know which is your first/second choice etc?

I have applied to:

Bath
    Bristol
    Cambridge
    Imperial
    Southampton
    Warwick

I know Cambridge would be my first choice if I get an offer but I dont know which would be my next choice. Hopefully the open days will help me decide.

ReputationRep:
    Cambo is my 1st choice.
    Then dunno....york, warwick or bristol. Hopefully open days will make things clearer.

What college u apply to at Cambridge? U get anything back from em yet?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Oli)
    Cambo is my 1st choice.
    Then dunno....york, warwick or bristol. Hopefully open days will make things clearer.

What college u apply to at Cambridge? U get anything back from em yet?
    St Johns what about you?

Yeah I got another application form to fill out within a week. They wanted to know stuff like how big my classes are, my exact module results (which was nice cos I did pretty well in computing), and why I wanted to study Computer Science at Cambridge. I sent it back on Monday.

Have you heard anything?

ReputationRep:
    Goville and Caius (as i said earlier =) )

Havn't heard anything from them yet. =(

Dont think Computing scores are very important (doh! got real good module marks). Maths is more important apparently.

U been invited for an interview yet?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Oli)
    Goville and Caius (as i said earlier =) )

Havn't heard anything from them yet. =(

Dont think Computing scores are very important (doh! got real good module marks). Maths is more important apparently.

U been invited for an interview yet?
    Yeah I know but it cant be bad to have full marks in computing. I dont have further maths which is probably gonna be my biggest problem.

They didnt invite me for interview as such but they said "we will be interviewing between the 11th and 18th, keep this period free of other commitments." Id be offended if I didnt get an interview!

Any reason why you chose Goville and Caius? Never heard of it!

ReputationRep:
    Yeah, i dont do further maths either =(

Caius just seemed a really nice place, and from everything i read i couldn't find a bad word.

Also Steven Hawking is Lucasian professor of mathematics. whoop. Steven Ruuuules!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Oli)
    Yeah, i dont do further maths either =(

Caius just seemed a really nice place, and from everything i read i couldn't find a bad word.

Also Steven Hawking is Lucasian professor of mathematics. whoop. Steven Ruuuules!
    Did you check with them if they minded you not having further maths? I emailed St Johns and some others to check.

ReputationRep:
    No, all colleges list it as a good thing to have, but none(as far as i know) say its compulsary.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Oli)
    No, all colleges list it as a good thing to have, but none(as far as i know) say its compulsary.
    Yeah most people have it though so its gonna be difficult for us! Let me know if you get in!

ReputationRep:
    I had Cambridge as my first choice and Bath as my second, but now I'm going to Bath! I would highly recommend it. I'm doing Maths, and the course is challenging already. The people are really friendly, and I've just been on a social so I'm drunk. Excuse me.

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: October 30, 2003
Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.