This discussion is closed.
riotgrrrl
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 14 years ago
in light of the shopping thing do you like classical music, and do you think young people today really hate it? I think people should be more educated about it personally
Harv616
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
ermmmmmmmmm nope not really
i listen to it when in class when the teacher puts the radio on, but i dont hate it.

I like the clasical/rock stuff tho
MorbidAngel
Badges: 11
Report 14 years ago
i dont like it. its just as suicidal as pop/rave. fortunatly, wheneva im at shops etc i always have my mp3 player with me
Just_Izzy
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
its ok. but then i like ALL music under the sun... except for trance/clubby ***** music... a little bit of classical can be nice. i wouldn't personally choose to listen to it constantly but hey... its still a valid form of music.
Just_Izzy
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by andrew2022)
i dont like it. its just as suicidal as pop/rave. fortunatly, wheneva im at shops etc i always have my mp3 player with me
ditto. always am plugged in with my own music, rather than listen to what shops etc have to offer...
Kew
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
How anyone can dislike the greatest art music the Western world has ever known quite, quite escapes me.
NDGAARONDI
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
You need to be careful when saying classical music. There is a specific time period for classical music, as well as baroque, for example. People sometimes refer classical as a general term which will include baroque.
Kew
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Mozart, Beethoven, Purcell, Haydn, Brahms, Shostakovich, Schubert... couldn't live without it *dreams*
riotgrrrl
Rep:
?
The little 'c' meant classical in teh generalised term, if I had said Classicel music is would have meant the era. for most people that would have been whoosh, btw there is more then just classical and baroque there is

Pre-renaissance
Renaissance
Baroque
Classical
Romantic
Modern
Neo-modern as well
Kew
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by NDGAARONDI)
You need to be careful when saying classical music. There is a specific time period for classical music, as well as baroque, for example. People sometimes refer classical as a general term which will include baroque.
Yes, I agree... if I was writing an essay I would only use the term 'classical' in the strictest sense of the word (music written between approximately 1750-1810), but in general parlance I would use it in the broader sense of the word.
Just_Izzy
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by historyhoney)
The little 'c' meant classical in teh generalised term, if I had said Classicel music is would have meant the era. for most people that would have been whoosh, btw there is more then just classical and baroque there is

Pre-renaissance
Renaissance
Baroque
Classical
Romantic
Modern
Neo-modern as well
well arent we classical music boffs! :rolleyes:
Onearmedbandit
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by NDGAARONDI)
You don't need to get into that It's generally assumed that, unless excplicitly stated, that 'classical' music covers all forms of ... classical music!

Personally I think everybody can appreciate it. Would most films be the same without classical music? I doubt it. Can you imagine the star wars sonudtrack being played in a trad. jazz style? :p: Obviously classical music isn't limited to films, but that's where people are likely to hear it the most.
amo1
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
does ny1 know the brginning bit to baz lurmans romeo and juliet... whos it by i really like it???
riotgrrrl
Rep:
?
(Original post by izzy_hattie)
well arent we classical music boffs! :rolleyes:
haha well at least I know AS level music is teaching me something! (I switch off in lessons quite often - my teacher hates it - I'm the only one in the class )
riotgrrrl
Rep:
?
(Original post by amo1)
does ny1 know the brginning bit to baz lurmans romeo and juliet... whos it by i really like it???

Sorry IO dont know but I will ask around
amo1
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by historyhoney)
Sorry IO dont know but I will ask around
i thought it was something by prokiev (spelt wrong probly) but may be wrong
Onearmedbandit
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by amo1)
i thought it was something by prokiev (spelt wrong probly) but may be wrong
Motagues and Capulets - Prokofiev? The one they always use on ancient Greek/Roman documentary videos?
Kew
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by Onearmedbandit)
You don't need to get into that It's generally assumed that, unless excplicitly stated, that 'classical' music covers all forms of ... classical music!

Personally I think everybody can appreciate it. Would most films be the same without classical music? I doubt it. Can you imagine the star wars sonudtrack being played in a trad. jazz style? :p: Obviously classical music isn't limited to films, but that's where people are likely to hear it the most.
Good point, I forgot about film music!
parsimony
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
.. )
riotgrrrl
Rep:
?
(Original post by Onearmedbandit)
Motagues and Capulets - Prokofiev? The one they always use on ancient Greek/Roman documentary videos?
CARMINA BURANA by Carl Orff

The opening piece in this movie is a remake of O Fortuna

" A boy's best friend is his mother "

Is what I found on the internet
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How has the start of this academic year been for you?

Loving it - gonna be a great year (138)
17.72%
It's just nice to be back! (210)
26.96%
Not great so far... (280)
35.94%
I want to drop out! (151)
19.38%

Watched Threads