Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ClosetGinger)
    The cheap, cheap vinegar does the job...its like 25p for a bottle. I would never use it for food though..its potent stuff!
    what do i just pour it in or something? how long for?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by gossip_girl)
    what do i just pour it in or something? how long for?
    Here we go direct from aggie and kim:

"It's a common problem, but who'd have thought that the solution would be so simple? Simply pour half a cup of white vinegar and half a cup of water into the kettle. Leave to soak (overnight if possible) and then rinse well.

To keep the kettle sparkling, simply take your warm kettle, unplug and wipe with a soft white cloth. The condensation will provide the necessary dampness. The kettle will dry very quickly due to the heat and you can wipe it immediately if any streaks appear. Then you can buff them away with a lint-free cloth to prevent streaking. But be very careful you don't burn yourself! "

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ClosetGinger)
    I think..you put it in and bring it to the boil and leave it to cool then poor it out and boil some water to get rid of the after-smell
    erm....mabey not....you said think im not gonna take your advice now lol sorry

ReputationRep:
    erm....mabey not....you said think im not gonna take your advice now lol sorry

AHa! yes I did, but then i changed my post! I was trying to remember exactlly and then i found the channel 4 website for "how clean is your house"

wooo the world of possibilites

ReputationRep:
    someone join please

ReputationRep:
    omg i never new i could work so hard!
    ive vacumed my room, two halls, cleaned the kitchen floor, cleaned my bathroom (all of it), dusted the liveing room and this room plus the floor and now im eating pizza cos my mum was so happy!
    now all i have to do now is do all my million loads of washing! lol

ReputationRep:
    Yay! Cleaning! I love cleaning. And tidying. Mmm.... don't you love it when you've just tidyed your room and it's so pretty and clean :love:

Can't say I do my washing though :p:

ReputationRep:
    seems people only clean their houses, not themselves...

disgusting people!

ReputationRep:
    someone join....pleaseeeeeeeeee

ReputationRep:
    Ooooh, you should see my ensuite bathroom. Its gleaming!! What a cool society! A good tip for a nice smelling room is to put a few drops of incense oil on a tissue and then put it on a warm radiator. And also put some on the light bulb

ReputationRep:
    someone join....pleaseeeeeeeeee
    Can I join?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by VixenIW)
    Ooooh, you should see my ensuite bathroom. Its gleaming!! What a cool society! A good tip for a nice smelling room is to put a few drops of incense oil on a tissue and then put it on a warm radiator. And also put some on the light bulb
    then you'll join yes?

whoooooooooooooooooooo my first member!

remember to put it in your sig!!!!!!

ReputationRep:
    I'll join too

ReputationRep:
    YAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY!!!!! !!!!!!!!!

TWO MEMBERS!

remember sigs people!!!!!

ReputationRep:
    *bump*
    how could you let it die?! :eek:

ReputationRep:
    Can I join? (saw it in a sig) I clean for a job - the school rooms, £6 aan hour

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by historyhoney)
    Can I join? (saw it in a sig) I clean for a job - the school rooms, £6 aan hour
    WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO YEAH!

ok window cleaners? there soooooo annoying!

ReputationRep:
    WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO YEAH!

ok window cleaners? there soooooo annoying!
    I do windows once a week rest of the time hoover and claen tables, windows hurt! its like, can I put my arm down yet? lol

edit, so read that last post wrong! Why are they annoying? Dont annocence themselves then see you in the shower that it?

sec edit: I dont clean peoples wndows I clean school windows, otherwise that could sound dodgy

ReputationRep:
    Wooooo cleaning! Lemon wipes for the bathroom, sparkling white! ahhhh! Bleach as well! Bleach the toilets! Clean bleachy smell and sparkly sinks! And orderly piles! Yessss...orderly piles and hoovered rugs!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Clodagh)
    Wooooo cleaning! Lemon wipes for the bathroom, sparkling white! ahhhh! Bleach as well! Bleach the toilets! Clean bleachy smell and sparkly sinks! And orderly piles! Yessss...orderly piles and hoovered rugs!
    Hehe. Ive had so much fun cleaning today I used the lemon wipes in my ensuite until it gleamed. Tomorrow I shall wash the skirting boards and round the windows *sigh* Bliss

Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?
Useful resources
AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.