This discussion is closed.
AllergicToFairydust
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 14 years ago
Please excuse me for this - When something serious happens I tend to do this sort of thing because I want to write for a school newspaper but my school doesn't have one!

THE AMG TIMES - PART 5: The Missing Book
By AMG

Her Royal Highness A Musical Gal, Princess of Avatars (more commonly know as AMG) is this evening to be a state of shock and panic after the disappearance of her A level Novel, The Remains Of The Day.

AMG has spent today e-mailing and calling fellow English students and searching her palace (more commonly know her bedroom) as well as her grounds (the rest of the house). The book was discovered missing late yesterday when her highness went to remove the book from her locker and return it to her palace due to a second draft of a major piece of coursework being set. King Ollie of Avatars was unable to comment on the Princess's state of mind at the present time as he was an important meeting this evening at the Student Union pub. However, one member of the Avatar court this evening stated that "AMG was being too concerned and a big drama queen over the disappearance of a simply book.

However, despite the princess's best interests, no trace of the book has yet been discovered and AMG is left this evening wondering where on earth here book is and has now put up a reward of a mars bar for the book's safe return.

Man found hanging from Window
By AMG

In a related story, a member of the Avatar court was this evening discovered hanging from his testicles from a 6th floor window. The incident occurred after he public offending her royal highness to the world media. He has now been successful cut down and although doctors believe they will be able to correct any stretching which occurred, the avatar court member discharged himself. He was last spotted heading for the nearest pub laughing sporting what appeared to be a mini third leg.
roff
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
oh god, i'm going blind..
bestdeceptions
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by ramroff)
oh god, i'm going blind..
And me. I had to highlight the text to read it!

Now I've read it, I don't even understand what's going on :eek:
Makavelli_07
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by bestdeceptions)
And me. I had to highlight the text to read it!

Now I've read it, I don't even understand what's going on :eek:
Same as me.

I highlighted it, read it twice, and still have no idea what it's about.

Someone enlighten me?
AllergicToFairydust
Rep:
?
Basically I have a major piece coursework this weekend and the book its on has gone missing! It is not in my house, locker, with my friends etc etc
roff
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
dont you get it, its symbolic and metaphorical
AllergicToFairydust
Rep:
?
(Original post by ramroff)
dont you get it, its symbolic and metaphorical
Was that directed to me? if so huh?
roff
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by a_musical_gal)
Was that directed to me? if so huh?
im just saying if you read your story in a symbolic way you can see it in a totally different light
Onearmedbandit
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
First... who the hell voted for that colour?! :p: No offence.

Second - Remains of the Day is great! Quite sad, though. You should definitely watch the film with Anthony Hopkins!

Third - if you've lost the book go to the library and get another one! It's a pretty famous novel.
G_S
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
cant see the txt
G_S
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
sheit im colur blind
Onearmedbandit
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
I voted for the lovely dark orange. :hmph:
G_S
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
and i ct even sell hahahahaha
Geogger
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
I hate to say it, but I agree - I can't be bothered to read such pale blue text (even though AMG is usually worth a read!) - it makes my eyes ache. Please change it to a darker blue AMG!
AllergicToFairydust
Rep:
?
(Original post by Onearmedbandit)
First... who the hell voted for that colour?! :p: No offence.

Second - Remains of the Day is great! Quite sad, though. You should definitely watch the film with Anthony Hopkins!

Third - if you've lost the book go to the library and get another one! It's a pretty famous novel.
1. No idea. I am beginning to hate it (hence the sudden post increase....gotta get to 2500 asap!)
2. I liked the film but some bits of it were spoilt by the film because they wanted to make it more exciting!
3. I can't. Each english student was given in september a copy of the book in which they could make personal notes in class. There are no spare copies!
G_S
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
dat is so rude. cant u see nobody likes blue! oh maybe u cant read it ur self!
AllergicToFairydust
Rep:
?
(Original post by Geogger)
I hate to say it, but I agree - I can't be bothered to read such pale blue text (even though AMG is usually worth a read!) - it makes my eyes ache. Please change it to a darker blue AMG!
There, That One Post is changed!
roff
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
ok this is over i am tired of going blind
AllergicToFairydust
Rep:
?
(Original post by G_S)
dat is so rude. cant u see nobody likes blue! oh maybe u cant read it ur self!
It was voted in by the fourm...go kill whoever voted it in!
Geogger
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by a_musical_gal)
There, That One Post is changed!
Thank you! Much better.
Though I'm not sure I can help... usually if I have lost a book it's under my bed or bedside chest and has got pushed to the back by subsequent books being put there! (Not sure that Remains of the day would be my choice for bedtime reading :p: )
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How has the start of this academic year been for you?

Loving it - gonna be a great year (128)
18.18%
It's just nice to be back! (193)
27.41%
Not great so far... (251)
35.65%
I want to drop out! (132)
18.75%

Watched Threads